HALF TIME SHOW

Old 02-07-2011, 06:38 AM

I had suggested to record the entire game, beginning to end, and fast forward through the game (cause neither of us are big football fans) and watch just the commercials and half time entertainment - well, we watched the entire thing, did not record any of it - and would never have watched any of the commercials and half time entertainment knowing how bad it all was! A waste of time to set there and try to decipher what their point was in so many of them..... a big DUH from us! But then, we are old foagies! Not our type of "stuff"...............
Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 AM

Perhaps this is generational??
Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 AM

Well to tell you the truth ~ Last year was my first year of getting into football, (which was a pretty good year for the Minnesota Vikings). They really pump up the halftime entertainment. This was my first year at watching the super bowl halftime entertainment and my thought was....IS THAT MUSIC. I couldn't even understand the words! Then to mess up the National Anthem was even worse! She got caught up in the moment and lost her space! Hmm....
Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Janiemae
Well to tell you the truth ~ Last year was my first year of getting into football, (which was a pretty good year for the Minnesota Vikings). They really pump up the halftime entertainment. This was my first year at watching the super bowl halftime entertainment and my thought was....IS THAT MUSIC. I couldn't even understand the words! Then to mess up the National Anthem was even worse! She got caught up in the moment and lost her space! Hmm....
Duuuuhhhhhhhh! Edie
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 AM

We used the half time show to clean up the kitchen from our dinner. Haven't enjoyed the half time shows in a long time. They are always geared to the younger crowd. Can't imagine there are that many young people at the game. Not at the price of admission. The commercials were good, but not as good as I expected.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by KimmieH
why did those dancers have ice cubes on their heads?
...To numb their brains so they wouldn't have to hear that music! (or whatever that noise was).
Old 02-07-2011, 07:00 AM

This was sent to me by a friend who really knows his music... Dodee

Well, they've done it again! Is the NFL really anti-American or just anti-National Anthem?

Thankfully, we had already left for church last night before the NFL once again slaughtered our National Anthem. But, on the news this morning, I have seen replay after replay after replay of the slaughtering.

I have no earthly idea who that woman is who slaughtered the National Anthem last night, but, as one with a degree in music and many years of experience in music, I can tell you this: SHE CAN'T SING! Period!!!

With as much money as the NFL overpays the athletes, why can't they spend enough money to hire someone who really can sing to do the National Anthem??? I have learned over the years that, if I happen to be watching when an NFL telecast is doing the National Anthem, well, I just keep my finger poised over the mute button. At the first sign of disrespect to our beloved National Anthem -- MUTE!

What a slippery slope civilization has turned out to be! It took thousands of years of advancing civilization for music to reach it zenith sometime in the late 50s or early 60s. From that point on, we seem to be on a crash course right back into the jungle. What a slippery slope!

I love my country. I don't want to see it attacked by the desecration of our National Anthem.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 AM

Was the singer of the national anthem chosen because she was the wwwwinner of the week of a third class karaoke joint.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 AM

All kinds of negative blog on the net this AM on how horrible the music was.
I like the visuals,but the entertainment (music) portion was really bad. There are all kinds of surveys out there that provide demographics, why doesn't the Super Bowl entertainment dept. review who their audiences is, prior to putting together a show where millions are watching. They could take lessons from their advertisers. The commercials were more entertaining...and they only lasted for a few seconds. I have yet to talk to anyone, particularly those with children, that thought this was great entertainment......maybe for the punk rocker rap 16-20 crowd....and they probably were not watching the game.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:46 AM

Who cares about the half time show. It`s the game that is important and what a game it was. Of course we in WI are so thrilled that "our Packers" accomplished what they did. We are so proud to have a team that comes from the smallest city represented by teams in professional football. It is really great to see the support the team gets from throughout our state.