Secret Santa 2009

Old 10-25-2009, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Dear Santa, I have no naughties to report for yesterday. honest.

Nice: this morning I got up and did all my usual first morning things, on time, trying to get this wee mouse back on track, so I am being Nice to myself, which is always Nice for Mr. Mouse :wink:
Old 10-25-2009, 07:12 AM

It was so exciting finally receiving my SS name!! I made the best piping hot vanilla latte, topped it with some fresh ground cinnamon, settled in with the computer and started reading. Getting to know my SS partner was so fun and heartwarming in a way that I didn’t really foresee.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AtHomeSewing
It was so exciting finally receiving my SS name!! I made the best piping hot vanilla latte, topped it with some fresh ground cinnamon, settled in with the computer and started reading. Getting to know my SS partner was so fun and heartwarming in a way that I didn’t really foresee.
Isn't that one of the best parts about this SS swap? I'm getting to know my secret receiver too, thru their posts and threads. I had seen this person around, and would have recognised the name, but other than, maybe on this thread, not sure, I have never spoken personally with this person. What fun to get to know a brand new friend, and get to see all the lovely things that they have done and exchanged with others, and about their life.
This wee mouse has traveled the world this past year thru quiltingboard.
Admin deserves a great big Mousie-thank you, and his helpers :wink:
Old 10-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I never realized how much you could find out about a person just from the little comments they make on a post. 36 hours ago I knew NOTHING about this wonderful lady and now I know not just about her but her family too. Thanks SD for all your hard work and for making this a fun holiday for me.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:11 AM

Got mine on time as promised. What are we all gonna do when we don't have gross food to talk about, how naughty we are & whether we have rodent problems. Just wait for Santa. My person is going to get some nice suprises. She doesn't have any favorites. So I"m gonna fix her up real good. Mousey you be good today. I think you got tooooooooooooo much time on your hands. You play on the computer more than I do. Please send me some of that extra time you have. I need a 48 hour day. Ya'll have a nice Sunday. Deb
Old 10-25-2009, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
...Isn't that one of the best parts about this SS swap? I'm getting to know my secret receiver too, thru their posts and threads...
Exactly! There is something about reading their messages all together, that draws them so near, no matter where in the world they may be. I love it! :)

And mousie...I would love to find YOU when I open my SS box! You'd bring a lot of life and fun to this place...you don't mind dogs, right? :)
Old 10-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Got mine on time as promised. What are we all gonna do when we don't have gross food to talk about, how naughty we are & whether we have rodent problems. Just wait for Santa. My person is going to get some nice suprises. She doesn't have any favorites. So I"m gonna fix her up real good. Mousey you be good today. I think you got tooooooooooooo much time on your hands. You play on the computer more than I do. Please send me some of that extra time you have. I need a 48 hour day. Ya'll have a nice Sunday. Deb
Deb, we could talk about our new years resolutions :lol: Mine is to get rid of the squirrels BEFORE then. :lol: We are almost there.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by sharon b
Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Okay, so I have my little gifty all purchased, wrapped and placed in a box for mailing. I just can't WAIT for those addresses to get posted. Then the mailman can come and some lucky quilter will be tortured by having to look at this box for a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG TIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMEEE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I surely do hope that whomever gets my gift likes it!

Odessa
Maybe Trupeach....LOL..... :lol: :shock: :lol: :D
If it is me that you get you better not mail it until the last minute it. I mean it I am not kidding or I will hunt you down. I am for warning you. You will be in BIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG trouble. That goes for all of you SS if you get me have some sympathy and compassion wait until the last minute to send me mine.
Oh, peach, I would NEVER divulge my SS addressee ... it may be you, it may be mousie, it may have already been mailed ...

But know that if I got you, I would have an awfully difficult time holding your package to the end, just 'cuz I know it would itch at you to open it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-25-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
I would just hop in the box I'm sending for a really big surprise, but the surprise is on me...LOL, some ppl on this here, secret santa board, would not be elated to have a wee mousie jump out of a box for them...I just can't understand that :roll:
I'm little, I'm cute. I wear cute little dresses, and I'm always ready for a little 'needling', lol :wink:
Oh, Miss Mouse, you could jump out of my box. I would love a visit from a fellow quilter, even a wee small one like you!
Old 10-25-2009, 12:13 PM

HI there..
I just wanted to check with you to see if I am in the Christmas Swap or now - I didnt get an email with a partner - so Im just wanting to make sure that Im not in the swap or perhaps I am and just didnt get the email with the details....would like to confirm either way..THANKS SO MUCH!
Bill