Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart Clearance Machines >

Walmart Clearance Machines

Walmart Clearance Machines

Old 07-01-2011, 02:23 PM

I would recommend going to a dealer that can help you with
what you want on a machine and can fix it if you should have a problem. I learned that some time ago. At walmart once they sell it to you they don't want to hear your problems. I found that out when I bought a watch there. Never again. They wouldn't even talk to me. Just said go deal with the company and the company fixed it and it didn't
last a week. I wish you well but be sure to get what you want. Don't buy it just because it is on sale. I used to get
excited to get something at a bargain price but watch the
specials on some of the better brands and a place that will
help you if you need help. Service means a lot
Old 07-01-2011, 02:37 PM

I have two Brother machines both bought at Walmart. The first one 17 years ago, the other one a couple of years ago. Both sew really good. I love them both. Never had any problems out of either one.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:07 PM

Mcdaniel, I went to the site that was posted by someone. The 50 stitch says that it has the feeddog for free motion, however them 80 stitch does not mention the feeddog feature. Can you tell me if it has it? Thanks, Lucy
Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 PM

I have the Brother Project Runaway. It is a nice machine but it has its limitations. I suggest that you do not do any work on material heavier than cotton. I have used mine to work on my husbands demins and now it is out of adjustment. Also, you will need some kind of stabilizer on your project when using the decorative stitches. I hope this is helpful information. Jeanniebelle
Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by blossom808
I have the 9000 brother and love it. It sew's really nice. I love the needle down. The only thing I dont like is when i turn it on the needle is always on the left side. I always have to move it to the middle. I did brake a needle one time because of it.
The machine can be set so that the straight stitch center needle position is automatically selected when it is turned on.

1. Turn off the sewing machine.

2. Hold down the “+” side of (stitch selection key) on the left and turn on the sewing machine.
After turning on the sewing machine, release the “+” side of (stitch selection key).

NOTE: the specified initial needle position is maintained even after the machine is turned off.

NOTE: Perform the same operation to change the initial needle position to the left needle position.

I love my SQ9000 and would recommend it.

Elise
Old 07-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Elise1
Originally Posted by blossom808
I have the 9000 brother and love it. It sew's really nice. I love the needle down. The only thing I dont like is when i turn it on the needle is always on the left side. I always have to move it to the middle. I did brake a needle one time because of it.
The machine can be set so that the straight stitch center needle position is automatically selected when it is turned on.

1. Turn off the sewing machine.

2. Hold down the “+” side of (stitch selection key) on the left and turn on the sewing machine.
After turning on the sewing machine, release the “+” side of (stitch selection key).

NOTE: the specified initial needle position is maintained even after the machine is turned off.

NOTE: Perform the same operation to change the initial needle position to the left needle position.

I love my SQ9000 and would recommend it.

Elise
I was just going to mention this. I got the 9000. I sat and read through the manual and then set the machine up and walked through the machine with the manual. I didn't hook up the pedal, because I wanted to try the on and off button. I really like it.

Now granted, the machine is almost all plastic, which most are these days and it did seem a bit flimsier than my older Baby Lock, but it sews really well. I love the slow stitching. I've also played with the Monogram stitch and did a 'Hello' on a double piece of fabric. I did the leaves deco stitch on a single piece of fabric.

It has a 1/4 inch foot as well as a stitch for 1/4 inch that is used with another foot. It has a walking foot and a stitching guide to attach to it. It also has other feet that go along with various stitches on the machine.

Right now I'm testing it out and doing the BIG :mrgreen:
So far, I like it.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:06 PM
ns

A Brother is a good machine. My quilt shop sells them and the owner says you can not beat Wal Mart prices on them. She can not sell them for a cheap as Wal Mart does.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:24 PM

I bought a project runway machine too. Had it less then 2 months and had to put it in the shop. It was suppose to be fixed. I returned it to the shop less then a month later. They had it 2 months waiting on Brother to decide what to do. Well they put new inners in it and I was told not to bring it back to repair because Brothe would not fix it again. Needless to say that will be the last machine I buy from Wal mart. The repair guy told me that wAL mART TELLS bROTHER HOW MUCH THEY WILL PAY FOR A MACHINE AND bROTHER MAKES THEM OUT OF plastic just to sell to Wal mart. Now had I known this before I bought from Wal Mart I would have gotton one from a sewing machine plaqce and not wal mart.

Judy
Old 07-01-2011, 06:32 PM

I vote for looking at your local dealer. My dealer has used machines for under $100 and for a certain price it comes with lessons and warranty.

I can tell the difference in the quality of a "higher price" and the bottom level machines. I bought an older used higher end machine and found it on craigslist. I did try it out before I bought it though!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 PM

Have the SQ9000 love the machine.