Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • When will you consider a Long Arm? >
  • When will you consider a Long Arm?

• When will you consider a Long Arm?

Old 06-12-2012, 04:06 AM

First let me say that I only have to justify things to myself and have gone back and forth with this question in my mind - If I made my living quilting then it would definitely be justified but I don't. There are so many things that I would love to have (another great machine, more space,as there is never enough, more time, as there is also never enough). So I guess the answer is when I win the lottery and will not have to justify anything to be able to have it all!!
    Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 AM

I have been wanting a long arm for so long. I use to go to the craft show and always try out the long arm machines but they were way too expensive for me. Well I decided to go with what I could afford. I saved money and for Mothers's Day my girls also chipped in and gave me money toward getting my long arm. It's not a gammil or anything expensive like that but I'm hoping that it will do me ok. I ordered a Bailey 13 with the Grace Queen frame as a package deal. I've got the machine but the frame is still on route. I've never machine quilted before and I am very nervous about doing it. I think I will just start with doing manadering or something simple like that. Wish me luck. I see so many beautiful quilts on here that are home quilted. I don't think I could ever be like Carisma but maybe just good enough for me. Thank you for listening.