Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List >

EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List

EQ owners, please notice User Defined Topic List

Old 03-16-2011, 06:42 AM

Hi! So glad to meet you! And if you need help, I know there several who know EQ6 well and can help you. It's amazing how the little bits add up to the big accomplishments in the end.
After finishing the mystery lessons on the website, I really liked the quilt design so much that I'm collecting the fat quarters now to work on the quilt. Still need a few more colors! Take care, Chris
Old 03-16-2011, 07:48 AM

I haven't worked on the lessons in a few days. I need ot get back on that! Time slips by so fast....
Old 03-16-2011, 05:43 PM

Hi! Julie, I know what you're saying, and its so easy to get sidetracked! I still haven't started working on my kitchen quilt; one of the reasons I started the lessons in the first place. Since then the ideas of other quilts have come up, think I need to start a journal just to keep track of the ideas and things I want to work on. I want to do them all, need to have a priority list and work from there. This morning I found a list of fabrics I needed to look for, now I can't remember what the quilt look like or where I saw the idea for the quilt. Really think I need to start that journal!
Hope you can get back to the lessons soon, Chris
Old 03-25-2011, 07:56 PM

Hi! I found this site http://www.patchpieces.com/eqpatch.html
and wasn't sure how many of you were aware of it. Patti Anderson(it's her website) has written books for EQ; I have her EQ 5Drawing Book. Anyway, she has several lessons on the website that I thought some of you might be interested in. I found two that interest me, one on "Pineapple Blocks in EQ6" and the other a "Praire Braid Quilt in EQ5". There was one other that I'm not sure I would ever try but it looked interesting was "skewing blocks into diamonds".
What is everyone put to these days? Have had a few "roadblocks" to getting started on my Skylights quilt, but I finally think I've got all the fabrics I need. Can't wait to get started! Chris
Old 03-25-2011, 08:01 PM

I have version 5. There are have been some family issues that have kept me from spending any time to learn how to use the software, so now there are no tutorials available

I also have the V5, Go to Help, Index, It has tutorial there.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:59 AM

Wish I could say I've been busy with something useful, but I've been watching the eagle cam. I seem to be addicted to that; love watching those little ones climb out of their nest bowl and eat. I have started the lessons on the EQ site. Now I will check out the patchpieces.com site. Thanks for that info, Seweasy. I am looking for the Amish Buggy Wheels pattern and would love to have it in EQ7 and make it large enough for queen or king size. Enjoy your EQ's.
Sandy
Old 03-26-2011, 06:30 AM

Hi! I need to look at some of the other lessons, too! I was so fascinated with Skylights that I hadn't thought about the others.
I hope you'll post again and lets us know what you're working on. Chris
Old 03-26-2011, 11:54 AM

Previously had EQ5 but after having my quilting computer cleaned up and re-work (to remove a lot of the garbage I never use and took up valuable real estate) I just purchased the new EQ7 and installed it last week.

There are some really great upgrades plus some new functions that look like they'll be really fun to use.

I haven't had a chance to design a quilt block/layout yet but hope to in the next few days.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:08 PM

Congratulations on getting EQ7! Hope you have lots of fun, there are some tutorials on the EQ site just for EQ7 users. Chris
Old 03-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Power Poster

I have EQ5 and I LOVE it. I just got EQ6 and am uncertain I like it as well. It is ok but I still prefer my EQ5 for some of the things I can do on it but not on the 6 version. If you have any specific questions I can help you with just ask.

I spend hours and hours designing on my EQ5. It is easy to use and has a lot of good stuff in it. I like being able to add my own fabrics and use them in my designs. I use the eyedropper differantly than it was intended for but it works for me. I really like using the tool that changes all of one color to another color. I love being able to audition fabrics in it. I've had mine for about 4 years or so I think. I haven't played with the 6 version a whole lot yet. And I'm not in any hurry to get the 7 version yet.