Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 PM

Ok, this sounds great!! Count me in!! I need to know the exacte dates so that I can make certain to arrange for the time away from work!! YAY!! This is sounding like so much fun!!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:38 PM

The retreat is a go for the weekend of June 3,4,5. Check in after 3pm and leave by Sun 12pm. I've heard now from UglyCook, Lilrain, Bluelady, 2Doods, Feathers, Quilttiludrop, Trish B, PattyJo and now Stitchy65. That makes 8+! Now the price begins to go down! :) I'll give you the address as soon as I reserve it.

As for meals, last time we kind of did a couple of things. I sponsored a couple of meals and others pitched in for the remaining meals. We can each bring our own (it might get a little cozy in the kitchen if we all want to prepare at the same time!) or we can buddy up and sponsor a dinner. We can each then bring what we might want for rest of the time. :) This is just a suggestion! If someone wants to head this part up, be my guest! It will be fun to meet some new people! This group is changing all the time!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:31 PM

I'm looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends! Can't hardly wait!!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:40 AM

Please count me in! I can't miss out on the fun!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:28 AM

We're at 11 now! We have room for 11 more! Making the reservation today! If you've said you're coming via this thread or PM, I've got you on the list!
Old 04-11-2011, 12:46 PM

Hey My Friends here's info on a Quilt Show I just posted - in case you can't wait for June!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-115325-1.htm#3007193

I hope to attend on Fri the 22nd. :)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:13 AM

I've heard now from UglyCook, Lilrain, Bluelady, 2Doods, Feathers, Quilttiludrop, Trish B, PattyJo, Stitchy65, WineWoman, Cobaltjars62, and SewCornie now so we are at 14! I'm going to be filling out the reservation form today and sending them the money via Paypal. Since the amount each of us needs to pay changes with each new quilter I don't know how to give you a dollar amount for the weekend. At the moment it will be $65 or less. I don't mind using my card for that much money but will be expecting payment at the beach house! You could send me a check and I could refund the difference if you'd like! My husband would probably appreciate this! PM me for address.

Some have asked about the food. Important right? :) Does someone else want to take on figuring out who might host the meals or do we each want to just bring our own?
Old 04-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
I've heard now from UglyCook, Lilrain, Bluelady, 2Doods, Feathers, Quilttiludrop, Trish B, PattyJo, Stitchy65, WineWoman, Cobaltjars62, and SewCornie now so we are at 14! I'm going to be filling out the reservation form today and sending them the money via Paypal. Since the amount each of us needs to pay changes with each new quilter I don't know how to give you a dollar amount for the weekend. At the moment it will be $65 or less. I don't mind using my card for that much money but will be expecting payment at the beach house! You could send me a check and I could refund the difference if you'd like! My husband would probably appreciate this! PM me for address.

Some have asked about the food. Important right? :) Does someone else want to take on figuring out who might host the meals or do we each want to just bring our own?
I'm okay with each bringing her own food. Personally I'd rather bring quick stuff to munch on as I go rather than taking out time to cook or do the dishes. :lol: :lol:
Old 04-12-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie

I'm okay with each bringing her own food. Personally I'd rather bring quick stuff to munch on as I go rather than taking out time to cook or do the dishes. :lol: :lol:
Jen-You read my mind! Cooking is over rated! This is going to be fun! I'll need to figure out a project to bring.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Originally Posted by sew cornie

Jen-You read my mind! Cooking is over rated! This is going to be fun! I'll need to figure out a project to bring.
I'm thinking about what project to bring also. For food, I'd be perfectly happy getting up for a sewing break every couple of hours and snacking on yogurt, toast, fruit, etc., but then getting right back to sewing. Don't want to lose momentum you know. :0) I'm glad I get to come and am looking forward to meeting some new friends too.