Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Well...Happy Birthday to Me. Guess who got laid off yesterday with 3 other nurses?I know God opens windows when he closes doors but the depression is setting in and the hole is deep so it is hard to see a window.
I'm really shocked! I guess it's a sign of our times! There are many people who are underemployed! Give me a call and we can get together!

Sparky (in Salem) just contacted me about the Sisters Quilt Show (July 9th). Are you interested?
Old 06-29-2011, 03:18 PM

Cindy, didn't know you were having a birthday! Besides the job loss, hopefully there was a bright moment to the day? Like Cindy said at least you won't have to be sick so much to enjoy the quilting! I'm sure there will be something out there. I hear in places that there is a real shortage of nurses!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Feathers quote to Sherryl, trying out your long arm would be such fun. I've wanted a LA forever and passed on the chance to get one a few years ago when that was what my DH said he wanted to get me for Christmas/birthday and I told him not to as I didn't think I was a good enough or knowledge enough quilter to have a LA....was I nuts? The offer has never come up again! :-(

I'm packing my bags for November!
Feathers I would love to have you come in November, but I feel that I need to tell you now that my longarm machine is on the second floor - so that means a flight and a half of stairs (18 total). I have the master bedroom down on the ground floor that you can use, but the longarm is upstairs. Wish there was someway I could bring it down for you but that would be a major production and I don't think DH would allow me to do that. Everything else will be set up on the ground floor for sewing, eating and whatever else.

Thanks and looking forward to November,
Sherryl[/quote]

Sherryl: Thank you for accomodating my bad hip, back and legs. I'll know on July 15th when my surgery will be to have the right hip replaced. I'm truly hoping he can do it in August so I should be good a new in November. If that is the case, I can sleep upstairs or down.

Thanks for the offer of your room. Having all of us over is enough...we couldn't possibly EVER ask your husband to give up his bed for this party! He really must be Mr. Wonderful to even consider giving up his bed!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Feathers
Originally Posted by candlequilter
Feathers quote to Sherryl, trying out your long arm would be such fun. I've wanted a LA forever and passed on the chance to get one a few years ago when that was what my DH said he wanted to get me for Christmas/birthday and I told him not to as I didn't think I was a good enough or knowledge enough quilter to have a LA....was I nuts? The offer has never come up again! :-(

I'm packing my bags for November!
Feathers I would love to have you come in November, but I feel that I need to tell you now that my longarm machine is on the second floor - so that means a flight and a half of stairs (18 total). I have the master bedroom down on the ground floor that you can use, but the longarm is upstairs. Wish there was someway I could bring it down for you but that would be a major production and I don't think DH would allow me to do that. Everything else will be set up on the ground floor for sewing, eating and whatever else.

Thanks and looking forward to November,
Sherryl
Sherryl: Thank you for accomodating my bad hip, back and legs. I'll know on July 15th when my surgery will be to have the right hip replaced. I'm truly hoping he can do it in August so I should be good a new in November. If that is the case, I can sleep upstairs or down.

Thanks for the offer of your room. Having all of us over is enough...we couldn't possibly EVER ask your husband to give up his bed for this party! He really must be Mr. Wonderful to even consider giving up his bed![/quote]

LOL - I already told DH he has to go somewhere for that whole time in November. I want to have fun too and feel at ease just like I did in Lincoln City. He can go visit his sister in Coos Bay or something. I wouldn't participate if he was having a guy thing at the house so it is only fair -right. Good luck with the surgery tho.

Can hardly wait for Nov.
Sherryl
Old 06-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Well...Happy Birthday to Me. Guess who got laid off yesterday with 3 other nurses?I know God opens windows when he closes doors but the depression is setting in and the hole is deep so it is hard to see a window.
Happy Birthday to you lady!!!! I wasn't sure if it was really your birthday or not until I looked at your profile.

Sorry to hear about the job - but like everyone else has told you with all your experience and personality the right thing will be just around the corner for you. Good luck. I hope this doesn't interfer with your plans for the first weekend in August. Hey, I just thought of something - now that you have more free time you could have more Smiley Face days :wink: :wink: .

Take care,
Sherryl
Old 06-30-2011, 02:52 PM

Hi Cindy: I'm so sorry about your layoff but this might be the golden opportunity for you to rest, quilt, rejuvenate yourself while receiving unemployment comp and to reflect on the job opportunities that are awaiting your application. As happy, bubbly, fun and with as much personality plus as you have, some one is going to snap you up soon. I'm joining the group hug for you as well as for PATTYJO.

PATTYJO - I can't even imagine how awful it would be to lose one of my brothers. I'm so sorry. Be thankful that his passing was quick as the slow, painful process is so difficult for the patient and the family. Hugs to you.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:44 AM

Oh my goodness I'm only about 25 pages behind! SO MUCH seems to have happened while I was gone.

Condolences to PattyJo and Loraine on losing loved ones. Prayers for you and your families.
Congratulations to Karen on your DIL's pregnancy... yay for grandbabies!

It looks like the beach retreat was great fun! I really wish I could've made it out there for that. I see something is brewing for early November. Where in WA are you Candlequilter? It would be great fun to have a sewing weekend with ya'll! Loved seeing all the pictures; it looks like you all had a fantastic time. ^^
Old 07-03-2011, 11:44 AM

Also who's headed out to Sister's next weekend?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Fidissimus
Yes, I'd be interested in seeing who is going to Sisters next week. I'm thinking I may go on Saturday only. Haven't talked to DH about it but I'd like to go and he usually lets me do whatever pleases me. If any of you are going on Saturday, can we meet up somewhere? Maybe in the park right off main street or if someone has a better place, I'd be game. If DH doesn't mind going, I'll invite him but if he doesn't want to which I'm pretty sure he won't, I'll ask my sister Sharon and maybe a couple of my quilty friends from our quilt group. Let me know who is going. I'd love to see all of you even if for a short visit.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fidissimus
I can't go this year but it sure was fun last year! Maybe next time.