Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
Those talking about not having money to join weight loss programs local, there are several very good sites on the web that I have used and when I'm on the weight loss tear, still use. It's just so hard to stay committed to changing.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/ is a very good resource. It has all sorts of helpful tools, you can use the meal plans they set up or just enter what you eat. You can get an exercise routine and you can update what you did. YOu can have a blog or journal your thoughts. There are different groups you can join or set up a new group-maybe we could be a quiltingboard group? if anyone is interested...

I also read a lot on 3fatchicks.com, it's a weight loss forum where people just post messages about different topics concerned with weight loss and such.
3 fatchicks.com.Now there's a name keeping it real.That's funny.I am going now to check them out.I bet they are a good site.Well,I just got back,and that is a good site,wow.They have everything there.It will take a while to completely go thru it.But I like it very much.Has a lot of good advise for losing weight.Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 PM

Another field trip today. .. I am so tired I cannot even type with 2 hands! we milked cows and made butter and had a hay ride and chased chickens! We walked for 4hrs!

I like the thought for journaling, it really gets right to the point. hard to answer honestly tho. :cry:

I have a wedding reception to go to on SATURDAY and I need to get my log cabin done! I am trying stitch in the ditch and I have only gotten 3 squares done. oops :D
I'd better get up, donno if i can tho.
have a good one ladies :thumbup:
Old 06-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Power Poster

Boy you sound tired from your field trip. Well I worked another 2 hours this evening in the garden. Almost finished getting the veggies all planted. Our garden is no where as big as it used to be.Of course there is only two of us now. It was so rainy for so long I didn't get the cool weather crops out.So no fresh sugar snap peas or radishes,green onions,spinach potatoes,etc. Just tomatoes,peppers,cucumbers,and zuchini. Maybe I'll get out a little swiss chard.All the veggies are better when you can go right out and pick them at there peak. Have a good evening. Mary
Old 06-08-2011, 06:57 PM

Good evening everyone. WOW lots of chatting last night and today.

Rita's Mom thanks for sharing your story. Lots of info and advice.

Well today was a success for me, I stayed away from the vending machines, packed my lunch and stuck with it instead of getting from the cafeteria. No sodas for 2 weeks now. I already have my lunch ready for tomorrow along with some snacks.

I need to get more stuff for my mid day snacks, need a bigger variety.

Didnt weight this morning, almost afraid to until I am done with the steroids next week. I know they have a history of causing weight gain. I pray I dont gain my weight back that I have lost.

I am off to bed as 430 am comes way too early when you work, another long shift in the hospital.

Keep up all the good work and welcome back MJ

Cindy
Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 PM

MJ I love the frosted shredded wheat also. When I started this I decided to put them in the cookie jar and if I really wanted something sweet I would have some of them. They are sweet but healthy. I have heard the chocolate ones are good also.

That last two days I have stayed on my plan eating and did good on water yesterday. Today went ok till this afternoon we had unexpected company, then some bad news that a girl my daughters grew up rodeoing with passed away. I made a bunch of phone calls for the family and now realized I haven't drank since before the company came. It seems like when too many interuptions happen I always forget to drink and do the things I need to do. I need to work on that. I haven't weighed for a couple of days so I will tomorrow.

Everyone take care and have a good day tomorrow!:)
Old 06-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Rita's mom sorry for your loss.Mary
Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 PM

I am munching on green pepper slices for a snack when what I really want is pizza! I can do this!
Big challenges ahead with celebrating our 32nd anniversary this weekend and going to a 3 day quilt retreat next week.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

congratulations Pam. It's rare to stay married anymore. Some just give up to soon or maybe got married to soon or for the wrong reason. It's work to stay married but I think well worth it when your with the right person.I had my 33rd this feb. This is my second marriage. I wish you happiness and love. Mary
Old 06-08-2011, 07:55 PM

Thanks Mary, it is so sad she was only 18 years old. She had been at a party and when everyone woke up that morning she was not breathing. They figured she had not been breathing for over an hour. They got her heart beat back and she was on life support for a while but the doctors said she was brain dead. It was a drug and alcohol overdose. So sad and such a waste. It is sad because 2 years ago my youngest daughters best friend died from a brain anyrism on her 19th birthday. We were all so close and our kids all grew up together going to all of the same rodeos and gymkhanas. To lose 2 out of the group at about the same age is just hard. She had kind of pulled away from the rodeo world and I knew she was kind of in the drinking and drug crowd but I sure wouldn't have thought this was going to happen. You always hope they will grow out of it. No matter how much your kids irritate you, hug them tight and be thankful you still have them. Life can change so fast.

Pam maybe you could dip your peppers in pizza sauce. I don't like peppers but it might taste a little like pizza! ;-)
Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
Thanks Mary, it is so sad she was only 18 years old. She had been at a party and when everyone woke up that morning she was not breathing. They figured she had not been breathing for over an hour. They got her heart beat back and she was on life support for a while but the doctors said she was brain dead. It was a drug and alcohol overdose. So sad and such a waste. It is sad because 2 years ago my youngest daughters best friend died from a brain anyrism on her 19th birthday. We were all so close and our kids all grew up together going to all of the same rodeos and gymkhanas. To lose 2 out of the group at about the same age is just hard. She had kind of pulled away from the rodeo world and I knew she was kind of in the drinking and drug crowd but I sure wouldn't have thought this was going to happen. You always hope they will grow out of it. No matter how much your kids irritate you, hug them tight and be thankful you still have them. Life can change so fast.

Pam maybe you could dip your peppers in pizza sauce. I don't like peppers but it might taste a little like pizza! ;-)
I like pizza.I buy the TONY ones.I buy 4 a month of the supreme and combo.I can't eat a whole one,but put the rest up for another time,or a snack for the next day.I eat a bowl of green salad first.what you said was right a while back.I think it was you,that we can eat in moderation the things we like.Anyway,I've always goten a pizza for me,cause hubby don't like itialian food esp. pizza.