Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:34 AM

Just wanted to pop in on my way to the sewing machine. Will sew for as long as my knees allow. Too hot to be outside.

I am teaching my kid how to drive. Tried that last summer - he just was not ready. He seems more grown up now and he did not scare me once this morning. I hope that means he is ready.

I am still working my way back on the elliptical - did 20 minutes this morning.

What are YOU doing for exercise today?

Later.
Lynne
Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM

Leann~ good luck teaching your son to drive. I'm definetly NOT looking forward to doing the same with my sons! I still have 10 years to work up to it!

As far as exercising goes I had a morning workout with my workout buddy, and then it's on to a lot of laundry and trying to unpack from our campout this last weekend. Later tonight I'll be at my sons ball game. Can't wait to get back into routine!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:54 AM

WOW lots and lots of pages to catch up on! I miss a day and it takes 3 to catch up LOL!

I ate bad all weekend and I can feel it! I am not going to weigh till Friday. Hopefully the news won't be too bad. I worry about taking a break on the eating because this is the first time I have stuck with eating healthy and lost weight, so somewhere in my head I worry if I eat what ever I want to, even just for a day or two I will lose control and not get back on track.

Hope everyone is doing well after this temping weekend! I am cracking the whip on my eating today and lots of water.

MJ it is good to hear from you again. I hope you are feeling much better!

Missy I am glad things are better with you and your mom now. nancia and irish I just want to say you both have a beautiful way with words and are very kind.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 AM

Wow, I don't think I wil have enough time to read all the posts I have missed. I gained all the weight back I lost at the beginning of June so am starting all over again. Trying to stay positive and do it a little at a time. I don't post much, but I do read and learn from ya all.

Karen/scrapngmom
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM

I think there are so many posts because it was because it was a holiday weekend. Some of us had more time on our hands. I know I spent way too much time on the board.

I'm working on getting my 10,000 steps in today, I'm up to 8500. I think I'll make it today.

Leann, very brave of you to teach your son to drive. I wouldn't have the patience or courage.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM

Karen, I am right there with you. I lost 6 lbs the first week of June. My husband was out of town so that made it easy. After reading that the winner for May lost a crazy amount I gave up and gained an extra 2 back. Now my husband is heading out of town again but my son is home from Korea so I will have to fix meals and not just eat my Lean Cuisine. I am determined to stick with it, though, with being in a play the end of the month and then a class reunion in August. I made it out for a walk this morning but the heat and humidity made me keep it short.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:25 PM

OK I weighed this morning and only lost 2/10ths of a pound sooo the eating that I did over the holiday showed big time. Well back to program and no more playing around.
It is really humid here just can't walk in this heavy humidity and rain every 2 min. I did get out but had to cut the walk short.
You all are doing really well Keep it up.
Need to get off here now and get some cleaning done.
I am Losing
Gail
Old 07-05-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
I find that attending a wedding brings all those mushy feelings to the top for me for everyone I love.

Missy, what about the bbq? Did I miss that comment?

I am trying to find a way to sew in spite of my knee issues. I've read several quilters on the board sew standing up. Haven't tried that yet, but I don't know if my foot feed cord is long enough.

I am curious. My legs/knees bother me most when I am off my feet regardless of how long I was up. I used to think they bothered me because I was too busy - now I'm not sure.

I can't live on pain pills from now on. Does anyone have pain management suggestions?

Thanks.

I am so very grateful that I live in this wonderful country. May God continue to bless the USA>
The BBQ was AWESOME! I ate meat, green beans, bbq beans and a tiny sliiver of a piece of cake. I wished I had gone to that restaurant (the one that catered the wedding) for lunch today but I didn't. LOL!

The wedding was wonderful too. I took every bit of leftover cake to a homeless shelter for women and children after everything was over last night. Those women and kidlets LOVED the cake. There were two teirs of cake plus more than half of the groom's cake. Lots of cake! But NONE in our house. Now that is a Non Scale Victory! :D

Missy
Old 07-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Good for you Missy. I am proud of your will power.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Great idea with the cake Missy! You had a small taste of it so you aren't deprived of enjoying it like everyone else did and you did something really nice for others! Everyone is a winner and there is no cake tempting you for the rest of the week! Good plan! I do much better if there are no temptations in the house. I swear they call my name! :shock: