Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

Sarah Yu I have sent your FQ for june's weight loss. Good luck everyone. Mary
Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 PM

i'm all for the yahoo page. wish you'd thought of it last week. lol, sort of. n
Old 07-07-2011, 11:02 PM

But, Nanci, we'd have missed the drama.

How do you access the Yahoo page? Is it like the Necchi site and sends emails? Will it be confusing posting two places - not for the poster, but for the reader trying to follow?

Today was a waste. The quilting didn't go well. I think I am too much of a perfectionist. I may end up mailing the quilt after my GD returns to her base. Plus, I received a phone call that my Albuqueque GD will be here Monday for several days. I need to pick her up in Grand Rapids. 100 miles is close to my limit with neuropathy, but she is a good driver and can drive home. This is my son's birth daughter and a very special young lady. Bright, beautiful, funny, sweet, athletic and with her head on straight. Truly her father's daughter.

My food was okay, but a little carb heavy. I feel fat and bloated. I don't like it.

Rita's mom. there's a difference between trying to help some of these young people and taking one into your family. I think MJ is right. This young man needs counseling as does your daughter if the relationship continues. In the mean time, make it clear to him that she's the one in charge. Whining isn't becoming. Xylie, some of us are born to be nurturers. Rita's mom can't help it any more than I could. If you can help, then it's a sin of omission not to give it your best shot. But that doesn't apply when your daughter is involved. I had a young man who often slept at our house. I turned him out in some nasty weather if he couldn't meet my conditions which were for him, no drugs or no alcohol in my house, no 'friends' in, no going outside unless I went with him, no going upstairs where my daughters were and he had to call his family to let them know he was safe. He could abide by all but the last. If he was feuding with his dad, he wouldn't call his mother. Uh-huh. It was his choice. If the relationship continues, both you and your daughter need to lay down ground rules. If he doesn't comply then he's history. His choice. If she's done and he persists, call the police. Also his choice. BTW, tell your daughter it's okay to break up with him. It's not up to her to save him from himself.
For you, if your house is overrun with teens, put them to work. It's amazing how much they can do. My house was the cleanest when I had five children at home.

Off to bed, I think. I AM losing weight - today that was correct! Yay. I AM getting healthier - compared with several months ago, Yes! I am in control - me or the quilt???

Oh, why am I dieting ? For my mental stability. I don't like myself when I'm overweight. A leftover from my childhood, but it's too long a srory for now. G' night.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
i don't want to sound like a know it all, or some one who goes around screaming fire when a match is lit, BUT this guy sounds just like the guys who become stalkers and women beaters. he has BIG problems, and if she can she needs OUT now, not later, and if possible go visit family in another state for awhile. he may not be able to let her go. xylie is right on the money!
Well,these days one never knows.I mean,if someone told me it was over,I say,ok,not a problem.I have seen guys like this.Too bad he just can't meet a gal,and move on down the road.Then Rita and her family can breath a big sigh of relief,and be rid of him.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:05 AM

Good morning, early birds! Or night owls!
Today I qualified for both, as I went to bed at 8, woke up at midnight...so did I get up early or stay up late?

I need the car today so I will take dh to work. Have to take the poodle for a bath and cut. Grocery shop. Ugh!

Journal-what is my stumbling block? Do I repeat patterns? Which ones?
Motivation-what can I learn from this?
Quilting-fondle some fabric today! 8-)
Old 07-08-2011, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
But, Nanci, we'd have missed the drama.

How do you access the Yahoo page? Is it like the Necchi site and sends emails? Will it be confusing posting two places - not for the poster, but for the reader trying to follow?

Today was a waste. The quilting didn't go well. I think I am too much of a perfectionist. I may end up mailing the quilt after my GD returns to her base. Plus, I received a phone call that my Albuqueque GD will be here Monday for several days. I need to pick her up in Grand Rapids. 100 miles is close to my limit with neuropathy, but she is a good driver and can drive home. This is my son's birth daughter and a very special young lady. Bright, beautiful, funny, sweet, athletic and with her head on straight. Truly her father's daughter.

My food was okay, but a little carb heavy. I feel fat and bloated. I don't like it.

Rita's mom. there's a difference between trying to help some of these young people and taking one into your family. I think MJ is right. This young man needs counseling as does your daughter if the relationship continues. In the mean time, make it clear to him that she's the one in charge. Whining isn't becoming. Xylie, some of us are born to be nurturers. Rita's mom can't help it any more than I could. If you can help, then it's a sin of omission not to give it your best shot. But that doesn't apply when your daughter is involved. I had a young man who often slept at our house. I turned him out in some nasty weather if he couldn't meet my conditions which were for him, no drugs or no alcohol in my house, no 'friends' in, no going outside unless I went with him, no going upstairs where my daughters were and he had to call his family to let them know he was safe. He could abide by all but the last. If he was feuding with his dad, he wouldn't call his mother. Uh-huh. It was his choice. If the relationship continues, both you and your daughter need to lay down ground rules. If he doesn't comply then he's history. His choice. If she's done and he persists, call the police. Also his choice. BTW, tell your daughter it's okay to break up with him. It's not up to her to save him from himself.
For you, if your house is overrun with teens, put them to work. It's amazing how much they can do. My house was the cleanest when I had five children at home.

Off to bed, I think. I AM losing weight - today that was correct! Yay. I AM getting healthier - compared with several months ago, Yes! I am in control - me or the quilt???

Oh, why am I dieting ? For my mental stability. I don't like myself when I'm overweight. A leftover from my childhood, but it's too long a srory for now. G' night.
I understand what you mean,but Rita is too good.She gives and gives and gives to the point she has very little if any time for herself.She's busy all the time doing for every body else,but herself.She can't re-charge her batteries if he keeps bothering her and draining them.And this is very stressful on everybody,I'm sure.He thinks somehow she can fix it.And she can't.I hope he thinks about it long and hard,and does the right thing and goes away.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:30 AM

Good Morning everyone. I had a decent day yesterday. Ate good and drank my water. Just didnt get in enough exercise though.

Remember to take time for yourself, I love the old saying that says " if Mama aint happy no one is" or something like that.

Have a great day and remember I am losing and gaining control.

Cindy
Old 07-08-2011, 04:31 AM

Got up this morningand did a 45 minute yoga workout! I've also lost .7 pounds so far this week! I encourage all those who can to try and do some toga at least once a week! The stretching benefits are so wonderful! Stretching is important to any workout routine!

I still haven't made my meal plan but I'm going to have to do it soon!

My sons ball game got cancelled becuase the umps couldn't handle a little bit of a sprinkle! Have another one tonight. Hope they play well they seem to be on a streak!

Good luck to everyone and keep working at it and working out!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:35 AM

ok, someone help me, I hadn't lost like I hope in June, but I am sure I owe some winner a fat quarter?
Old 07-08-2011, 04:49 AM

Good morning everyone. Yesterday went pretty good, I stayed well within my calorie range and drank all my water. I think drinking more water is helping me loose weight because I had gained 3 lbs over the weekend but when I weighed in today I had lost 4. YAY!!!

I'm O.K. with a yahoo group but I don't have a clue how to access one or use it so some one will have to PM me directions.

Well have a great day everyone. Hope to do water aerobics today - will let you know.