Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-10-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
okay, i've got it saved. now what?
here she is!! this is fresh out of the oven! i will try to get one more, a few days old.
Oh my gosh,what a beautiful baby.She sure looks healthy,That's wonderful.And 2 pounds,great.Things are looking up at your house.Congrats on all your life changes.Grandma nana!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:38 AM

Hello everyone. Hope you all are having a good day. It's been raining here since early this morning but the good part is that there's a cool breeze and we can open all the windows that are protected from direct rain. It's nice to breathe fresh air! I usually weigh on Friday mornings but couldn't resist a sneak peak this morning and I'm down 2 more pounds. Wahoo!! Tracking my food and exercise on MFP really helps me keep on track.

Will go down to the sewing room (basement) later today to do a little reorganizing and get badly needed inspiration to finish a couple of UFO's. That should burn off a few calories.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cookie64
Oldcottontop, thank you so much, I sneak them to the old folks that is on both sides of me, no kids here.

Xylie55, you're in my prayers.

Cookie
Thank you.I do appreciate that.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:04 PM

Can we have some of that rain? I am making salsa. I have been peeling,seeding and chopping tomatoes for hours.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
thank you! thank you! thank you! we are all thoroughly besotted with her! my daughter-in-law says she is 6lbs. cheeks, and 3lbs baby!
AND I GET TO HOLD HER ON AUGUST 19TH!!!!! we are going to dallas!!!!! yeeehaaw!!!! i can not be more excited!!! but, and it's a bigger but than mine, i haven't quilted her quilt yet!! omgoodness, where am i going to get the confidence to do it before the 19th?? i have done 3 other baby quilts and the last one was hideous! and i just finished a doll quilt for a swap. now that i almost know how, i will post pictures. it makes me curious, though, we talk about everything except quilting. is anybody working on anything right now? i have some blocks to finish for a boomerang and olivia's quilt..... so....whatcha doin'?
oh yeah, i forgot to mention, i got into a size 16 skort this evening. down from a 20. and i am now living in one-derland! yippee!!!! gosh, it almost makes me forget my headache. lol. will someone please remind me during the day that i need to get an MRI done? i keep forgetting, except like now, in the middle of the night. and either i've learned to live with the headache, or it really is some better. who knows. have a good day y'all! i'm on a personal high!! yes, i am losing! yes, i am in control of my destiny! and yes, i am a gramma!!!!
I remember when I got into the 100's.I was so excited.As I hadn't seen it in yrs.I just got into a 15/ 16/18 myself.Depending on the clothes and who made them.That's great.Keep going,your doing great.I hope they find why your having headaches.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Before i went to the hospital for knee surgery yesterday morning, i weighed myself..first week..not so bad.

this week may be a little different, since i can't get around.if i can just maintain and not gain this week..i will be happy.
off to adjust my ticker!
I love it.Your on the cusp.By next week you'll too be in the 100's too.That was a mile stone and a real boost for me.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:08 PM

I'm down 2 pounds. My Wii told me last night. Anyone else have a Wii?

mash43quilter, 1 pound down is great. Slow and steady loss will stay off longer then fast. Yeah for you!

nancia, cute baby. have fun spoiling the little angel.

irishrose-too small quilt?-add big borders or multiple small borders.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:42 PM

Those getting the rain, I envy you. We are on day 40 of over 100 degrees. We are on course to break the record for most days over 100. That record will be tied on Friday.

Congrats to all who are losing weight. I am not, am at a plataeu. Will be glad when things start cooling down, I will get moving to exercise. I am too damn lazy to get up and go.

I am at a stand still, not wanting to do anything. No quilting, no exercising, just want to stay in my apartment and veg out.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:57 PM

watterstide-- how are you doing with your knee?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess
Hello everyone. Hope you all are having a good day. It's been raining here since early this morning but the good part is that there's a cool breeze and we can open all the windows that are protected from direct rain. It's nice to breathe fresh air! I usually weigh on Friday mornings but couldn't resist a sneak peak this morning and I'm down 2 more pounds. Wahoo!! Tracking my food and exercise on MFP really helps me keep on track.

Will go down to the sewing room (basement) later today to do a little reorganizing and get badly needed inspiration to finish a couple of UFO's. That should burn off a few calories.
could you send some rain my way?And 2 pounds.Great.