Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-10-2011, 04:48 PM

I feel really guilty reading everyone's posts about it being so hot and unable to exercise. I live close to San Diego and the weather has been so pleasant. I have no excuse not to exercise,but I still don't, unless you count reading this board and typing exercise. I wish I could send you all our weather.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:06 PM

ok, i have proof positive that typing is exercise! the 2 fingers i use are skinnier than the rest!!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
ok, i have proof positive that typing is exercise! the 2 fingers i use are skinnier than the rest!!
LOL!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:19 PM

Where is that "like" button when you need it!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:20 PM

where has the day gone? i have so much i'd like to do, and so little i will actually do! my son is visiting so we went out to eat at 'on the border'. i don't wish to offend anyone, but the one here is pretty pathetic. the waitress was very pleasant and all the good things you want her to be, but the product she was serving was lackluster and mediocre. i still managed to get full by using ww's 13 tortilla chips and unlimited salsa to fill up on. then had mini tacos (3). no beans or rice, yes, avocado (actually helps you lose weight--said so on aol). i was very PROUD. then ate 3/4's of a sizzling apple crisp ala mode. and BLEW IT! i have told myself i am finished eating for the day, but not to complain, i'm not a very good listener.lol i've had to put myself in time out before.(nodding head). anyway, i am drinking water, and speed walking to the throne room since i am lactose intolerant. it's a ploy i use to get more exercise than typing alone provides. tomorrow i will probably behave much better. (shrugging shoulders. i still may misbehave.)i will! i am losing weight. i am in control. (shaking head) it is up to me!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:22 PM

where has the day gone? i have so much i'd like to do, and so little i will actually do! my son is visiting so we went out to eat at 'on the border'. i don't wish to offend anyone, but the one here is pretty pathetic. the waitress was very pleasant and all the good things you want her to be, but the product she was serving was lackluster and mediocre. i still managed to get full by using ww's 13 tortilla chips and unlimited salsa to fill up on. then had mini tacos (3). no beans or rice, yes, avocado (actually helps you lose weight--said so on aol). i was very PROUD. then ate 3/4's of a sizzling apple crisp ala mode. and BLEW IT! i have told myself i am finished eating for the day, but not to complain, i'm not a very good listener.lol i've had to put myself in time out before.(nodding head). anyway, i am drinking water, and speed walking to the throne room since i am lactose intolerant. it's a ploy i use to get more exercise than typing alone provides. tomorrow i will probably behave much better. (shrugging shoulders. i still may misbehave.)i will! i am losing weight. i am in control. (shaking head) it is up to me!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:01 AM

watterstide-- how are you doing with your knee?
i start PT today. i could not sleep, been up since 3am. no pain to speak of. so that is a plus! with lots of work, hopefully i can get the knee to go straight/flat. thanks for asking.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:47 AM

i've had 2 or 3 arthroscopic knee surgeries, so the expression "been there, done that" definitely applies. i'm thrilled you're not in pain. you must be keeping it well iced! of course, my most recent was more than 10 yrs ago, so maybe there have been major improvements. follow the instructions in pt exactly. and if they tell you not to work it at home, don't. that was the hardest part. i was so interested in getting them to work that i never let them rest. good luck! i know you'll do well!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:44 AM

I haven't been checking in and posting as much as I'd like. Things have been a bit crazy. The baby cut his first teeth. The bottom two in the very front have come in at the same time. My 4 year
old has picked up a virus, which thankfully seems to have run it's course.
Yesterday's exercise was shampooing furniture and carpet.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 AM

i've had 2 or 3 arthroscopic knee surgeries, so the expression "been there, done that" definitely applies. i'm thrilled you're not in pain. you must be keeping it well iced! of course, my most recent was more than 10 yrs ago, so maybe there have been major improvements. follow the instructions in pt exactly. and if they tell you not to work it at home, don't. that was the hardest part. i was so interested in getting them to work that i never let them rest. good luck! i know you'll do well!
had both knees replaced in the last 12 months..got some scar tissue on the one..i hope i have a mean PT guy! and yes, my knee has been on ice since the surgery tuesday! thanks!