Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 PM

Grammyj: Thank you for my box I received this past week. Boy, was I the lucky duck!!!!I loved your handwritten note on your handmade button and thread card. Also included was a bar of soap, a mug rug, a spool of thread made into a pinchshion, purple and white fabric, a quilt magazine and an Easy Quilt pattern of Tumbling stars. I also received a ceramic turkey and turkey hand towel and a package of carpet cutter blades that I have been wanting to try. You can see the lovely Christms Panel in this picture. I do love the 5 fat quarters and package of charms in Dogwood Trail pattern. Thanks so much and everybody, make a wish that GrammyJ is your partner new an upcoming swap. Oh, I loved the mints!!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258935.jpe  
Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Since everyone on this thread obviously enjoys swaps, I just posted the sign ups for the annual Christmas ornament swap...it's a lot of fun...take a look at the thread and see all of last years goodies !!!
Brenda doyou happen to have a link? I have the worst problem with using the search.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-153919-1.htm
Thanks! I signed up

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-18-2011, 10:52 PM

I mailed my pkg. a while ago and checked on them tonight shows they are still at my local po--anyway one is going to a disney state and the other one is on it's way north of me--I could drive it there much faster than the po is going to get it there--anyway sp's your goodies are on the way!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Swap Hosts

everyone is getting very nice goodies!!

Candi are you home yet? You should tell Krystyna about my fun surprises....she won't hand over the address unless I hand over Miss Daisy!!
Oh. I don't want her. I already have one named Daisy.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
I hope Toomanyufos and DD get to their retreat safely and have a wonderful time.
We got back home Sun. late afternoon. We had an awesome time. There were 42 quilters. DD got scared when she saw a spider about the size of a silver dollar on the log over her bed. The ladies said it was a water spider and since we were right on the lake and in the woods I guess you have to expect little critters. We also heard the pitter patter of little feet (think it was a red squirrel). DD got a double size disappearing nine patch top completed and 2 matching pillow cases. She started on a second one. I got the piecing done on a quilt that I have taken to 3 retreats. Didn't think I would get it done so did not take my border fabrics. I worked on a 10 min table runner and another ufo quilt. A vendor came and we were able to buy all kinds of goodies. We are planning on attending next year as well. Really a fun time.

Arizonagirl thanks for the pms with the sunflower patterns

Havplenty I have a sewing machine exactly like that one. Beautiful decals. I have a sm collection of antique sewing machines.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Swap Hosts

TOOMANYUFOS sounds like you had a wonderful time despite the critters!

Took a while to catch up, but what wonderful packages are coming through!

Lori, glad you're feeling better. Let's hope the trend continues.

Going to my first quilting guild meeting tonight. I think it should be fun. Hope so, anyway!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:26 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Ok so can you teach me long distance??? lol I need to learn how to do paper piecing.
I can try! She actually uses electric quilt paper. You sew on the lines and leave it in. How hard can that be?

Seriously, this was so easy. There were two sizes of rectangles - 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and 3" x 4". The sunburst spires were made by placing on the paper template stitching and snipping, then trimming. Then taking an 8" square you use her two templates to cut the curved pieces. The smaller one was a little tricky in that you had to use a pin in the center and then do about 3 stitches at a time, easing it along. The top curve was a snap. Then you measure and cut and end up with a 6 1/2" block. There's a lot of waste fabric, but she showed you how to use it in a smaller block, so not actually wasted.

If any of you can get your guild to bring her there, I highly recommend her class. Even if I did miss half of it. :oops:
Old 09-19-2011, 04:33 AM

Well swappers, I just got home from a 4 day camping trip with extended family and just look what I came home to--this wonderful swap package was waiting for me!!!! It had a book (which I have not read), a home made crocheted book mark, a skein of the softest yarn in a beautiful off white color, snowman dish towels, an adorable hanging snowman towel in the form of a dress that Kim made for me, doggie paw print stickers for my vehicle, quilters template plastic, a suede journal, four wonderful green fabrics, a 3 piece note pad set, and a wonderful (I call it a sewing buddy), it is a pin cushion with two pockets to put over the arm of a chair or couch that I believe she made for me....isn't is all just great??? I love everything and can't wait to dive into some new projects. I would like to thank Kim from the bottom of my heart. I do not have her screen name to thank her in a private message, but did send Lori a message to say I received it.....Once again, Kim, thank you so much, you are a great swap partner!!!!

Secret pal package
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259050[/ATTACH]

Close up of the dish towel dress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259051[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258997.jpe   attachment-258998.jpe  
Old 09-19-2011, 04:49 AM
Swap Hosts

Kim! What a great package! You are so talented!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:49 AM
Swap Hosts

A reminder to leave feedback for Lori. Get going ladies and gents.