Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 PM

I would like to sign up also
Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 PM

lynne--i was in tx last week. the heat felt good- dry after so much hot sponge weather here! by thursday i was noticing it was getting pretty hot. we spent so much time inside it could have been 2* outside for all it mattered. i do think i melted off at least 3 quarts of fat from my behind by sitting on sun drenched black leather seats! lol
one of my best friends gave me an embroidered american history quilt that she believes her mother made in the 30's or 40's. i will post it some day. i have a phobia of posting.
however, since you asked, i have several pictures of my beautiful grandbaby who gets more and more clever and gorgeous every day! was there ever such an adorable child?! actually, i cried when i looked down at her in my arms- she looked just like her daddy had and i was taken back in time. so, so sweet! now i HAVE to finish her quilt! lol
my daughter noticed i've lost weight. see, she really is a nice kid! (and very smart! hahaha)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 PM

btw, has anyone else stopped getting post notifications for the august challenge? anyone know why?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 PM

Can I get in on the fun? Please.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:22 PM

Welcome to all the "new folks" so glad to have you. I know we will all do well in Sept.
Elm A big truck load of luck and most of all have a great trip.
Leann So good to have you back and so glad your knees are better. I also have 20 pounds more to lose per doctors request. Yes I do need to lose that last 20 #.
Lynne Welcome back we missed you.
Karen Glad your back for another go around.
Mim My DH is working with me to and it really helps.
MJ Right back at you the friendship on this thread is priceless and a big thank you for hosting us.
Melissa Dove I'll be one of your biggest cheerleaders I know you can do it.
Hugs to all
Gail
Old 09-01-2011, 03:37 AM

Irish - I would love to go on a "Greens" diet with you. I have to eat five small meals a day so I think I'll make 3 of them veggies, 1 fruit and the last one some protein. Does that soud doable or do you think I should take out the protein? I really need help planning my food since this hypoglycemic stuff has started. I've gained all the weight I lost back - very depressing.

Welcome to all the newbies - it's so good to see new "faces". This is a great group of people, I think you'll enjoy it.

My computer has not been posting this thread or the one other thread I'm on to my mailbox. I bookmark them and get to them that wat. Not as convient but it works.

Well the dog is giving me the time to eat and take my insulin stare so I'd better get going.

Oh, can anybody tell me how to change my ticker. It's not right and I think I need one that says 20 lbs. to go.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by irishrose

Lynne, I missed you. I was afraid you'd left us because you'd finished your weight loss. Do we ever truly finish? How are your knees doing?
Hi Irish! I agree, we never finish watching our weight. I have maintained for 2 months now, which pleases me since my eating is less than ideal. The doctor wants me to lose 20 more pounds. Thanks for asking about my knees. I am getting around good, walking a lot, using the elliptical. The pain is manageable.

I'm glad to be back.
This is the KEY for me. For 40+ years I though there were two kinds of people - those who were fat and those who were thin. I NEVER knew that "thin" people watch their weight CONSTANTLY. I also thought that I was the only one in the world with this problem. Just knowing that others struggle has been such a liberator.

Going to scale for beginning weight. Going to put it on a sticky in a place I see it - just to remind me what I want to work on.

Reading all your stories is such support! Thanks.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:08 AM

This group is great for support and encouragement. I just weighed myself for the beginning of September and I am up a pound. Yesterday was kind of a "free" day in my mind because we did our check in for August in the morning. I let myself go crazy all day (and oooh, the evening) and today I am up a pound. So easy to fall back to my old ways of eating. It is a good reminder that this is not a diet but a change in the way I eat for life. My goal for September was to lose 8 pounds but now I guess it's trying for 9. After the long weekend, I plan to start walking again. Hopefully it will be cooler weather. (does that sound like I'm procrastinating??.....guilty! lol)

Looking forward to all the posts this month!
Old 09-01-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by amBoo
This group is great for support and encouragement. I just weighed myself for the beginning of September and I am up a pound. Yesterday was kind of a "free" day in my mind because we did our check in for August in the morning. I let myself go crazy all day (and oooh, the evening) and today I am up a pound. So easy to fall back to my old ways of eating. It is a good reminder that this is not a diet but a change in the way I eat for life. My goal for September was to lose 8 pounds but now I guess it's trying for 9. After the long weekend, I plan to start walking again. Hopefully it will be cooler weather. (does that sound like I'm procrastinating??.....guilty! lol)

Looking forward to all the posts this month!
Amboo...you are so right when you said "it is not a diet but a change in the way I eat for life". So very, very correct. We need to ask ourselves...is this how I want to or can I eat for the rest of our lifes. so many go on all these odd diets, loose weight, then go back to their old way of eating, and gain all or most of what they have lost back. It's calories in vs. calories out. When trying to loose weight, keeping a food journal and exercise journal is a must. Myfitness Pal has a good food and exercise journal. It takes some time to get used to doing this but it gets easier as time goes by.

Glad to see all the news ones this month. This is a very good thread and keeps you motivated and on track.

My prayers go out to those that have been in the path of Irene. Being just Louisiana, I know what you are dealing with.

Everyone have a wonderful, blessed day.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
Myfitness Pal has a good food and exercise journal. It takes some time to get used to doing this but it gets easier as time goes by.
I agree! Without mfp, I wouldn't have done so well for my first month. It really doesn't take long to enter details and it is a big help in seeing how much (and just what!) you are eating. Good reminder for portion control too. Even if the calorie counts are not exact for some things, you get a feel for how much you've eaten and how much leeway you have for the rest of the day.