Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-01-2011, 05:04 AM

Jeanne, I am no nutrition expert but I think you should have protein with every meal. I will be skyping with my daughter on sunday so I will ask her. She has a degree in nutrition.
Also, to change your ticker: just check in at myfitnesspal and change your weight. It should automatically change your ticker.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:26 AM

I'm joining for the first time. Need to lose some weight to avoid diabetes meds. And if I'm successful enough, get off my BP meds too. Good luck to us all!!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:32 AM

Hi all, I lost 9 Lbs. in August but couldn't find it to post it. I don't know why I don't get the post on this. I get all the other post.

Cookie
Old 09-01-2011, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
Jeanne, I am no nutrition expert but I think you should have protein with every meal. I will be skyping with my daughter on sunday so I will ask her. She has a degree in nutrition.
Also, to change your ticker: just check in at myfitnesspal and change your weight. It should automatically change your ticker.
Everyone needs some protein. My Dr. told me he wanted my calories broken down into 65% carbs (good ones), 35% protein and 10% fat. Everyone should see a dr before embarking on a fitness and weight loss program. We are all different with different medical issues and should follow what your dr has said.

I did what my dr told me last month and did very well.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cookie64
Hi all, I lost 9 Lbs. in August but couldn't find it to post it. I don't know why I don't get the post on this. I get all the other post.

Cookie
Cookie, you don't post your weight loss, you PM me on the first day of the month. The instructions are the very first post in all the threads.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:46 AM

Good morning, all!

It is a pretty and hot day here in Mississippi!

I weighed 265.2 this morning, no, you do NOT have to post your weight, I do that to keep honest.

I have had a lot of good PM's about weight, but not ready to announce the winner because of the hurricane. If you have not PM'd me with your August weight loss, do so if it is more than 4 pounds lost.

Our total weight loss for the month is impressive, from these responses. I know it is not the total weight lost, but it is a good representative number. I will post it when I get final numbers.

Journal: If you are writing in a journal, a thought to ponder: This is MY life and my ONLY life, what do I want to accomplish? How will I do that if I am unhealthy? Let's go!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:49 AM

Hey Ladies! I was working with y'all in Jan & Feb but hurt my knee & had to go sulk for awhile. Actually once I got the MRI & got the green light to do water excerises I have started to work out again and have kept off 10 pounds from Jan 1. I am really to go for the next 10 pounds, hopefully slow & steady will get it off just like slow & steady put it on. So can I play too? :-)
Old 09-01-2011, 08:23 AM

Doctor report: I do NOT have congestive heart failure.

I have pulmonary hypertension. It has the same symptoms but a different prognosis.

My heart is doing good.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 AM

Good morning, all. In my opinion and experience with my family's blood sugar problems, protein is the key. Protein with every meal is what stabilized their blood sugar, then they could play with skipping it and eating like the rest of the world when they were doing better. Jeanne, I sent you a PM. There's protein at every meal and no fruit or starchy veggies when I'm serious about my diet for weight loss or blood sugar. This time it's just weight loss - my blood sugar has been perfect for years, which is nice because for years, it wasn't.

For most people, a 40-30-30 diet works for weight loss if the calories are controlled. 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. That's high in carbs for me.

It's great seeing so many signing up. I hope we have all our regulars. It seems to me a few are missing.

cottontop, does your doctor have a food plan that allows 110%? Sorry, I taught remedial reading and math for 25 years.

Have a clean eating day. I am getting healthier and losing weight.

Why do I feel like today is a new start - I know every day is, but for some reason Sept 1st feels special. Is it because our heat has broken and I have a tiny bit more energy? That being said, we are starting a mini heat wave. It will be the last of the 90s for us. I don't know why I feel this way, but I like it.
Judy
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Irish - I would love to go on a "Greens" diet with you. I have to eat five small meals a day so I think I'll make 3 of them veggies, 1 fruit and the last one some protein. Does that soud doable or do you think I should take out the protein? I really need help planning my food since this hypoglycemic stuff has started. I've gained all the weight I lost back - very depressing.

Welcome to all the newbies - it's so good to see new "faces". This is a great group of people, I think you'll enjoy it.

I find that if I do not have protein I start getting weak. Even to the point of stairs being difficult to go up. If you go all veggies, pls chk with nutritionist.
My computer has not been posting this thread or the one other thread I'm on to my mailbox. I bookmark them and get to them that wat. Not as convient but it works.

Well the dog is giving me the time to eat and take my insulin stare so I'd better get going.

Oh, can anybody tell me how to change my ticker. It's not right and I think I need one that says 20 lbs. to go.

Please chk with nutritionist before you change to all vegen. I find that I need protein or I get extremely weak. BUT, that is me. Vegen diet can be great and many do extremely well on it. GOOD LUCK!!