Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-01-2011, 08:55 AM

I went to 150 carb grams each day. My research about type 2 diabetes stressed the importance of limiting carbs. Then I automated my eating. I love BLTs so that's what I have for lunch most days. I sure do look forward to my BLT! Even after a year, I'm surprised at how much I enjoy that sandwich. So my advice is find a food or meal you love and find a way to fit it into your meal plan. My BLT has 2 slices 40 cal 12 grain toast, 2T lite mayo, 2 slices ready cooked bacon, a tomato and lettuce. I finish out my meal with an apple. Sweet! I do a happy dance at lunch and then I'm ready to sew!
Old 10-01-2011, 09:58 AM

I struggle with diabetes too and cutting the carbs does make a difference. Hmmmm just reading about your BLT makes me want to make one. Best wishes on your goals for October and maybe I will treat myself to a BLT this week.

Nancy
Originally Posted by jlwheart
I went to 150 carb grams each day. My research about type 2 diabetes stressed the importance of limiting carbs. Then I automated my eating. I love BLTs so that's what I have for lunch most days. I sure do look forward to my BLT! Even after a year, I'm surprised at how much I enjoy that sandwich. So my advice is find a food or meal you love and find a way to fit it into your meal plan. My BLT has 2 slices 40 cal 12 grain toast, 2T lite mayo, 2 slices ready cooked bacon, a tomato and lettuce. I finish out my meal with an apple. Sweet! I do a happy dance at lunch and then I'm ready to sew!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:05 AM

Welcome all newcomers and welcome back all those returning after taking a brief break. I'm glad to have you all here. I need all the support and encouragement I can get.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:44 AM

I'm in again this month.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Congratulations to Katvert for her fabulous weight loss last month! Welcome to all of our newbies and hello again to everyone who has signed up for another "fun" month of attempted weight loss.

My goal this month is to lose 2 pounds per week (but I'll take more if it's offered). As long as I continue to log everything that goes in my mouth and get some exercise, the weight should keep coming off. I've lost 19 pounds since August 1st and hope to double that before the end of the year. I'm searching for "one-derland" and determined to find it again.

My thoughts and prayers are still going out to Cindy. Hope she is doing well and we hear from her soon.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:57 PM

Remember to post something each week.
If you don't want to comment to the "chat", then post a recipe, a weight loss hint, a magazine coupon, etc.

We need all the motivation we can get to keep on moving and losing!

Go Team!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:13 PM

princess-- a few months ago i was told not to say i want to lose, but i am losing. it's a more positive statement. actually, it works, so i'm passing it on to you. i am going to lose 2 pounds this week. like you, i am glad to accept a larger amount! one-derland is a marvelous place, and there is room for more! water's great so come on in!!
cindy is in my thoughts and prayers too.
irish-- you pull a stunt like that again and we will converge on your house! no telling what we can do!
lynne- i'll give you my daughter's address. she's a dp addict too. i came off it when i moved here. they do sell it here, but it's not the same!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:14 PM

Hi to everyone, welcome to everyone who is starting this month too. My starting weight this month is 198, and I'm hoping to get below 190 this month.

I was good and turned down a restaurant meal to go home and eat a salad for lunch. Did some walking already today at a car show in the area. I'm trying my best to be patient with weight loss, I know it took me years to get this heavy, so it will take time to come off too.

Hope Cindy is doing well, and that everyone has a good weekend.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:27 PM

katvert-- congrats! i didn't even come close! there's always october! and we'll always have paris!
Welcome, newbies! i look forward to getting to know you! be sure and check in, hate for you to lose out on the not skinny quarters (fat is such an ugly word). there is so much to gain here you won't mind losing some pounds!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:29 PM

Hi, I would like to join you, if I may. I have been a yo yo dieter most of my life until a few years ago when I decided I was going to get rid of some of the flab for good. Healthy eating has helped me to drop 84lbs and still going..... but it is harder now, especially as I have a health condition taht entails taking meds that put weight on! It makes it hard, but I am still determined. I would love some encouragement as well as give some.

Sue