Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 AM

Hi All just checking in, half way through the month and I have managed to lose 2 lbs, ok well lost 5, gained 6, lost 3, etc. But I guess every pound lost helps.
Have a great week everybody!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Hello, Cindy, you are doing well to be able to do what you are doing, but I understand the impatience. Your new picture is so sweet. Does Lucy let her out of her sight yet? You look very pretty in pink.

It looks like it was very quiet here today. I hope everyone's off having fun.
Lucy pretty much stays by my side. She was mad at grandpa the other day when he took me to the doctors, she stayed by the front door watching for me to come home. She knows he is the one who took me out for over 2 weeks without bringing me home. LOL

She is so smart.

Thanks
Cindy
Old 10-16-2011, 09:29 AM

I'm leary of most restaurants calorie count, where it's offered.DD has kept a lot of wt off & she stays with 5-6 places she trusts & also has favs she usually orders in each.
Happy anniversary to you. Looks like you know how to lose wt & that's a great thing.Your supper sounds delicious.

Originally Posted by bjeriann
Hi everyone. Hope you are having a great weekend. We went to Ruby Tuesday's last night for our 28th anniversary. I ordered the Chicken Broccoli Parmisan, it was only 411 calories. But the bowl they brought out was so big and tasted so good I knew it had to be wrong. So I got a to-go box and put over 1/2 in it and enjoyed - really enjoyed the rest. Do you think restraunts really watch and measure the lo-cal menu like they are should? I've gotten things on afew different times that the amounts were not the same as the time before.
Cindy- glad to hear you are getting better.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by plainpat
I'm leary of most restaurants calorie count, where it's offered.DD has kept a lot of wt off & she stays with 5-6 places she trusts & also has favs she usually orders in each.
Happy anniversary to you. Looks like you know how to lose wt & that's a great thing.Your supper sounds delicious.

Originally Posted by bjeriann
Hi everyone. Hope you are having a great weekend. We went to Ruby Tuesday's last night for our 28th anniversary. I ordered the Chicken Broccoli Parmisan, it was only 411 calories. But the bowl they brought out was so big and tasted so good I knew it had to be wrong. So I got a to-go box and put over 1/2 in it and enjoyed - really enjoyed the rest. Do you think restraunts really watch and measure the lo-cal menu like they are should? I've gotten things on afew different times that the amounts were not the same as the time before.
Cindy- glad to hear you are getting better.
I totally agree about being leary of the nutritional counts on restaurant foods. The biggest reason for that is that they advertise the counts based on serving sizes but many times their "serving" sizes are not the sizes they serve you. Same with fast food.

Dinner will be steak with fresh green beans, salad and onion roasted potatoes. So so good. It has carbs because of the potatoes but not too too bad.

I have been reading the posts and after each one I have been praying for the poster. You guys are always in my prayers!

After all these months I can easily say that you guys are like family to me! Thank you for all the encouragement and love!!

Missy
Old 10-16-2011, 02:43 PM

I apologize for not stopping by. Now I have 6 pages to catch up on. I can't believe how busy I have been. Just finished patching my water bed - again. I KNEW I should've replaced that other patch that was there, and I was right. I have several meetings at school this week, Josh has his driving test tomorrow. We practiced parallel parking - he is 5 for 5 - perfect job. I just about have all my travel plans set up for our trip to Boston. I need to start my list for packing. I know my camera needs a new battery. I'm almost done piecing the backing for this bargello. I'd love to have it sandwiched this week, not sure how doable that is.

What is everybody working on? I am down 8# this month - mostly because I've been too busy to eat. I've lost enough weight that I can get my wedding ring on again. I have not done any exercise since my long walk last week. I'm mad at my knees.

I'll try to get caught up with what's happening with the group. Have a successful week!
Old 10-16-2011, 03:54 PM

Things looked good this morning. I hope I am even happier tomorrow. Posting pounds and my picture. See you then.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:57 PM

Lots of 2 pound losses this week, way to go! I haven't gone down this week, but I haven't gone up either.

Missy dinner sounds delish!

Leann great job on the 8 pound loss and the new avatar, looking good!

Plainpat isn't it a good feeling when the scale starts to move again. Especially when it's a downward movement.

I plan to start walking again on Monday, I finally have a real pair of walking shoes that don't hurt. I won a $1,000 shopping spree at a local shoe store. They don't sell the trendy shoes or high heels, just sensible quality shoes. So far I have gotten walking shoes, everyday loafers and a pair of dressier loafers with a heel for job interviews.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Lots of 2 pound losses this week, way to go! I haven't gone down this week, but I haven't gone up either.

Missy dinner sounds delish!

Leann great job on the 8 pound loss and the new avatar, looking good!

Plainpat isn't it a good feeling when the scale starts to move again. Especially when it's a downward movement.

I plan to start walking again on Monday, I finally have a real pair of walking shoes that don't hurt. I won a $1,000 shopping spree at a local shoe store. They don't sell the trendy shoes or high heels, just sensible quality shoes. So far I have gotten walking shoes, everyday loafers and a pair of dressier loafers with a heel for job interviews.
A shopping spree sounds like so much fun!! Yay for you!! We are about to sit down to eat that dinner and man oh man it smells good!

Missy
Old 10-16-2011, 07:25 PM

lauriejo, lucky you!! That would be so much fun and so practical.
We just got home from our weekend in Iowa. The sweatshirt jacket I made for my mil fit her perfectly and she loved it. I couldn't be happier about that. Now I need to get to packing for my quilt retreat!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by crazy_quilter
Hi All just checking in, half way through the month and I have managed to lose 2 lbs, ok well lost 5, gained 6, lost 3, etc. But I guess every pound lost helps.
Have a great week everybody!
Oh my gosh,you sound just like me.Up 10 down 6 back up to the 1st 10.Back on the spirutein now.I just got to get it down past the 160 mark this month.I hate it.Not the direction I'm supose to be headed.So,I know how you feel.I'm just mad enough at myself this time tho,to get er off!Good luck.We can do it!