Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you grow where you were planted? >

Did you grow where you were planted?

Did you grow where you were planted?

Old 10-24-2011, 06:41 PM

I grew up in a small town. Got married and hubby got a job in a large town 100+ miles away so we moved to the big, big city. I hated city living till I got use to the city life - as in shopping centers. LOL Hubby retired and we moved to a small, small town. How I miss city living - as in shopping centers.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmabeth
I was born in Geneva and still live here 71 years later. We raised our family of three about 3 miles from where I was raised. I also taught for 30 years in the same school I graduated from. Saddly they just demolished it, as they have built a new one. I am on the reunion committee and in the Historical Society as the school was named for Platt R. Spencer known for his Spencerian penmanship. All of my children and grandchildren live nearby.
:thumbup: I envy you! I was born in England, christened in Germany, then we moved 5x before I turned 6. Then, lots more moves, including a year in France. Before I moved into this place (where I've been for 13 years, amazingly enough!), the longest I ever lived in one abode was 6.75 years. (All that moving around is why in my profile I wrote "rootless tumbleweed"! :mrgreen: )
Old 10-26-2011, 02:31 PM

I was born & raised in Houston. As a child I went to East Texas to the country & never wanted to come back once I grew up. I told myself I would never live in the country. I have lived in Texas, Nevada, Colorado, California and now Nevada. For the last 7 years, I have been in living in the country. Now I think it is nice to come out of the woods and visit but after so many days, I am ready to go back!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Live about 400 miles from where I was born. My DH was in the Army for 21 years and we moved every 18 months except for one time lived there 3 years. Kansas, NJ, Texas, Arizona, Korea 2 times and Germany 3 times. Been here 21 years!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:10 PM

I was born in Brooklyn New York. I became an adult in the early 70's when NYC was in bad shape. When my husband and I got married, we moved to Long Island, about 70 miles from NYC. It is the 'burbs. Now that we are approaching retirement, we both would like to move back to NYC. My DH even volunteers as a gardener in Central Park. Maybe someday
Old 10-29-2011, 07:27 PM

I started out In Buckeye AZ with lots of extended family nearby. My dad moved us to Phoenix when I was 7, lived there till college in Indiana, where I met my way in the future husband. Graduated, back to Phx for the next 30years, reconnected with Joe, who left Illinois and moved to Phoenix a couple of years ago as my husband. He was driving around looking for houses, and discovered the perfect neighborhood for us in Buckeye. Here we are, with extended family nearby. I have come full circle.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:48 AM

Born in CA, Mom took to AZ for a very short stint, then ended up TX. Raised in TX until out of high school then MA and LA with military and back to TX. Haven't left again except for vacations. Grew up in Dallas and live about 30 miles from there now. Left Dallas area for about six years. Texas is home.

mltquilt