Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-09-2011, 01:13 PM

There is nothing more fustrating than going to the doctors and having to wait. What is even worse is to be called by the doctors office to say he wants to move your appointment up 30 mins. I arrived at the new appointment time of 12:30, only to have to sit there and wait until after 2 pm to be seen. So they added an extra 30 minute wait time on me by moving my appointment up.

I understand that with a surgeon emergencies come up and they get delayed. If I were late for the appointment they would make me reschedule or charge an extra fee. They have no consideration for our time schedule when we make appointments.

SOrry ladies for the venting. I am having a good day. My house is almost cleaned. Had a friend come help me, finally got my bedroom cleaned and all my clothes put away. The kitchen is also clean. She will be coming back tomorrow or saturday to clean the living room/sewing area. I have discovered that I am at great peace and doing everything I can to keep the areas clean that have been cleaned. I know it is hard for me to do much right now.

Remember you are in control and decide what goes into your mouth and body.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:24 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
There is nothing more fustrating than going to the doctors and having to wait. What is even worse is to be called by the doctors office to say he wants to move your appointment up 30 mins. I arrived at the new appointment time of 12:30, only to have to sit there and wait until after 2 pm to be seen. So they added an extra 30 minute wait time on me by moving my appointment up.

I understand that with a surgeon emergencies come up and they get delayed. If I were late for the appointment they would make me reschedule or charge an extra fee. They have no consideration for our time schedule when we make appointments.

SOrry ladies for the venting. I am having a good day. My house is almost cleaned. Had a friend come help me, finally got my bedroom cleaned and all my clothes put away. The kitchen is also clean. She will be coming back tomorrow or saturday to clean the living room/sewing area. I have discovered that I am at great peace and doing everything I can to keep the areas clean that have been cleaned. I know it is hard for me to do much right now.

Remember you are in control and decide what goes into your mouth and body.
That is just unacceptable. They should at least let you know that an emergency came up and it will be a while, and give you the option to reschedule or continue to wait.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:56 AM

Hi all!
Just popping in to say HI! I am doing well this week have increased my water intake and reduced my calories. Same as everyone else on here. I like to watch Dr. Oz but there is always so much info that it gets a little overwhelming. Oh well have a terrific healthy week and I will check back in with you all asap.
Lisa
Old 11-10-2011, 12:48 PM

We've got a cold,windy day in Ohio.DH saw some snow/rain mix before I got back from water aerobics.Is anyone going out to eat tomor for Veteran's Day? So many places are giving free meals for the vets.We'll be going to Texas Road House,one of our favs.I'm eating a bit lighter today,
Made baked apples yest from Hungry Girls recipes.It was ok....nothing special. I used 7 up,but think water would work as well. Have a good,low cal day.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:21 PM

been walking and trying to cut back so far no pounds gone bummer
Old 11-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Plainpat, I live in Ohio too. Tuesday it was 70. Beautiful and sunny. Yesterday was nice too after the rain. Now we had a couple of snow flurries. My seasonal allergies are terrible. I have been hacking and coughing for days. Not sure if it is the mold or what but I wish it would go away. I have been to my allergist and am taking all I can. I have tried everything. My regular meds work most of the time but there are a few weeks a year where nothing works I just hope I don't get a sinus infection. I could only stay on the elliptical for 15 minutes this morning because I was coughing. I will try again tomorrow. I have been doing really well with my exercise. I hate to miss it.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:50 PM

Tomorrow you will be down. Just don't eat anything after dinner. I often go to bed with the tummy rumblies in my tummy, but they disappear. You can do it. Hope to hear from you tomorrow Susan.
Originally Posted by susan... View Post
been walking and trying to cut back so far no pounds gone bummer
Old 11-10-2011, 05:04 PM

Just checking in. My weight is holding, which is okay, but my smallest pants fit nicely today, which is much more than okay. Woohoo! This is point at which I said I'd quit, but in reality, I'd like to drop a few more pounds on two conditions 1) my face doesn't get too thin looking and 2) I don't need to buy any more clothes. So I'm still in for my 2 pound challenge for the month. I guess I'd better get at it - today is the 10th already.

I don't expect to lose any today. I really need to have my carbs by lunchtime if I want to drop pounds. Today I had macaroni and cheese for dinner - I found a box of gluten free in my price range in a discount store. It tasted so good. 0 trans fat, so I'm still doing okay with this week's challenge.

I am a happy camper. I couldn't find 'My Pages' from the old forum and I needed a link to a pattern I had saved. The my pages is now a blog and listed under my profile picture when I click on my name. I've also found my bookmarks, but I wasn't as worried about them.

I have the Flying Geese under control, though I do have to trim them, so now I want to do a dry run on the curved seams for the Drunkard's Path. My mind is always one quilt ahead, though I should put everything aside and start some Christmas presents. I need 8 orange fabrics for a Spicy Spiral table runner. May have to branch out to cream, yellow and rust to get 8 that go together and have enough contrast.

It's snowing and we are going out for another walk. My little dog's coat doesn't seem as thick as usual, but she doesn't hold still long enough to get cold.

Have a good evening. Eat healthy, drink water and exercise at least five days a week. It has to come together at some point.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 11-10-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:10 PM

Does anyone watch the Biggest Loser for inspiration? Tuesday night was interesting with Dr. Linden, a brain scientist, talking about the dopamine responses in the pleasure centers of our brains. He explained that it's different for lean and obese people. A lean person gets less pleasure from smelling a cheeseburger but more pleasure from eating it and vice versa for an obese person. I think this makes sense because the skinny people I know are satisfied with just a taste of something, apparently enough pleasure from a smaller amount. I have my work cut out to try to take the focus off of food and finding pleasure from something else. Better get quilting I guess.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:40 PM

Default over did today

Today mom and I did some shopping. I do believe we did way too much for me. Started out going to Garden ridge for christmas decoration, and yes I used the motorized cart. From there we went to one of my favorite quilt stores, Quilt Country we both bought patterns and some kits. We are doing a buck a block of the month we needed to pick up. From there we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch, I got the meat biscuit and hashbrown casserole. only ate 1/2 the biscuit and hash browns. Then had to go get some flea meds for Lucy at pet smart and of course had to buy her a new toy. Followed by hitting Joann's for the floor lamp they have on sale, also want to get some warm and natural queen size batting but they were sold out. One last stop before hitting the house. Mom had to stop at the grocery store I waited in the car.

I am completely exhausted from the day. Tomorrow I start the pulmonary rehab. I am ready for a normal life and not feeling like I am limited by my health.

Keep up all the hard work ladies.