Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-15-2011, 12:54 PM

Can someone tell me how to get the board on my desk top,I'm on an MacBook. Just wanted to say, my DH gained like 8-9 pds while on IVs in hospital. They stopped IV & 2 days later, he was back to normal wt.

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Nancia, I don't want you to go. I know my reason is selfish of me, but I enjoy your posts so much. If you can't commiserate with us, then who? Have you looked into a Sun lamp? This cloud cover gets to be old stuff.

Jeanne, that amount of weight has to be your new meds. That's discouraging when the meds are something you need - I have a love/hate relationship with steroids for that reason.

Xylie, I understand having to do what needs done yourself so I'll not say stay out of trees, but do be more careful. No long reaching. I have to rewire a sewing machine and I'm afraid of electricity, but we learn to do what we have to. BTW, right click on the QB when you have it open and choose 'Send to Desktop' then you'll have an icon on your desktop you can open to get to the QB.

twinkie, it's the IVs. Fluid weighs 8 pounds a gallon, plus when you don't eat, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism drops to conserve calories so there's no weight loss for a while. It happens in 24 hours, not weeks. Were there steroids in your IVs? That's instant weight gain for me.

Beachbound, that's an easy taboo. I think I made last week's no trans fat. I didn't see the label on the cookies I ate Sunday, but I do know they were made with butter, so I probably made the week. Now I can finish my pumpkin ice cream.

Murphy, I'd love your 3 pound loss. I'm at 0 so far this month. Time to get serious if I'm going to lose 2 pounds by Nov 30.

I have half the living room carpet cleaned - now to do the dining room and walk the dogs before my daughter comes at 5:00. Bye for now.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:20 PM

Ladies thank you for your help with my computer problems. I tried what you said now I hope that I didn't mess it up and that it will work.
Your Wonderful!!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:31 PM

Yes I do believe what I learn in therapy I will bring home to use. The place where I am taking therapy I can join them like a gym after therapy is done, and continue to use the equipment I am using now. Mom will also join with me so we can go together.

Today my incision and where the ribs were seperated are really bothering me, I think it is a combination of the rain that came thru and the stretching warm up and cool down yesterday. I had a hard time sleeping last night. I ended up in the recliner and got interupted sleep. Better than none at all.

I will talk to them at therapy tomorrow about this.

Xylie.....please be careful and take it easy.

Yes Jeanne...I get the auto save each time I am typing a message to reply. The Advanced gives you more options and where you can add a picture but I haven't figured out how to decrease the size of my pictures so I can post some.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:31 PM

I am bit late for this month. Will you continue in December?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by granniesan View Post
I am bit late for this month. Will you continue in December?
yes we will be continuing in December. purplemem will post the last few days of this month and you have until the 3rd to sign up.

Stick around we are here to encourage and be encouraged. It is a place to come and share.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:43 PM

I got home from Tennessee on Sunday. I am so glad to be home! I thought when I got home that I had contracted a cold but according to my doctor I really have bacterial pnuemonia in both lungs. It hurts so bad to cough or breath deep. If I try and take a deep breath I start coughing. UGH. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I am weak and I can only sit up for a hour or two at a time. I am sorry to whine. I really wanted to just update y'all.

Have a good night everyone!

Missy
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 PM

I am sorry to hear you have pneumonia. I know how you are feeling. I was there before my surgery. Will add you to my prayers for a speedy recovery.

I am glad to hear from you. I was getting worried about you being gone for so long.

Welcome back

Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
I got home from Tennessee on Sunday. I am so glad to be home! I thought when I got home that I had contracted a cold but according to my doctor I really have bacterial pnuemonia in both lungs. It hurts so bad to cough or breath deep. If I try and take a deep breath I start coughing. UGH. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I am weak and I can only sit up for a hour or two at a time. I am sorry to whine. I really wanted to just update y'all.

Have a good night everyone!

Missy
Old 11-16-2011, 02:44 AM

Hi everyone. I made it through the taboo - no trans fats last week. I think I should be o.k. with this weeks because we don't buy those snack cakes.

Missy, sorry to hear you have pnuemonia but glad you're back. Get some rest and take care of your self.

Saw the nuerologist yesterday and he's still leaning towards some type of seizure disorder but doesn't have enough evidence to diagnose. He said if the medicine stops the episodes then he will diagnose it as a seizure disorder. He's confident though because the dose of medicine I was on greatly reduced the amount of episodes I had so he increased the dose of the medicine and told me to come back in three months and keep track of any episodes I have.
Today I go to the endocrinologist. I hope she can straighten ouy my diagnose whether I am diabetic or not. Ever since my primary doc said I wasn't diabetic anymore and I could eat anything I wanted it seems like I have been (eating anything I wanted). It just really messed me up.

What's with so many people biing either diagnoed with pnuemonia and stay at home , mu hubby is just getting over it, or people being put in the hospital. We have several on this thread and there are a couple on another thread I go on. Thi has started out being a tough fall on people. My prayers are with everyone.

Will update when I get home from the doc later today. Maybe won't be till tomorrow morning. I've been getting up around 2:30 CST so my sleep is kind of screwed up. Don't know why I just don't sleep good.

Well have a good day everybody. God Bless.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:13 AM
Power Poster

Thanks so much for the information. I talked to my GD who is a RN and she asked if my ankles and feet were swollen.
I told her yes and she said if they were still swollen when I go back to the urologist, to ask for a small doseage of Lasix (sp?) that it was fluid retention. Didn't think about metabolism changing. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Nancia, I don't want you to go. I know my reason is selfish of me, but I enjoy your posts so much. If you can't commiserate with us, then who? Have you looked into a Sun lamp? This cloud cover gets to be old stuff.

Jeanne, that amount of weight has to be your new meds. That's discouraging when the meds are something you need - I have a love/hate relationship with steroids for that reason.

Xylie, I understand having to do what needs done yourself so I'll not say stay out of trees, but do be more careful. No long reaching. I have to rewire a sewing machine and I'm afraid of electricity, but we learn to do what we have to. BTW, right click on the QB when you have it open and choose 'Send to Desktop' then you'll have an icon on your desktop you can open to get to the QB.

twinkie, it's the IVs. Fluid weighs 8 pounds a gallon, plus when you don't eat, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism drops to conserve calories so there's no weight loss for a while. It happens in 24 hours, not weeks. Were there steroids in your IVs? That's instant weight gain for me.

Beachbound, that's an easy taboo. I think I made last week's no trans fat. I didn't see the label on the cookies I ate Sunday, but I do know they were made with butter, so I probably made the week. Now I can finish my pumpkin ice cream.

Murphy, I'd love your 3 pound loss. I'm at 0 so far this month. Time to get serious if I'm going to lose 2 pounds by Nov 30.

I have half the living room carpet cleaned - now to do the dining room and walk the dogs before my daughter comes at 5:00. Bye for now.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 AM

Please put my little grand nephew, Ethan, on your prayer list. He is 3 yrs old and has been having seizures. They are so bad right now; he is having a seizure every 15 to 20 seconds. The anti-seizure meds are not helping and some are making them worse. He is seeing top notch doctors in the Twin Cities but they can't seem to get a handle on this.