Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM

I'm in too. I've been doing this since August and every little bit helps.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:42 PM

I need to get walking... that will help me huge time. This summer was way to hot for me, and now it is rainy weather. Geeze..
Old 11-02-2011, 08:11 PM

I hope people won't give up too quickly on the new site! I believe they are working on the background color, and a couple other things that a number of people have mentioned. I hope bringing back the signatures will be a change added later. With a major site change some things are rolled out a little later.

I just have to say that I am amazed sometimes at the way life works out. Just a couple days before Patrice announced the site change I came to a decision that I had to work on being more open to change. I have, in the past, complained bitterly when something changed. Then when I learned the new system and found it really was an improvement, I had to eat my words. Now words may not have many calories, but they do NOT taste very good lol.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm View Post
I'm gaining not maintaing so I'm in for November. Good luck everyone!
Hey,I'm right with you Jeanie.Last month was not good for me.I drank a qt of spirutien mix this morning and had a bowl of chili tonight.That's all I'm having today.Lets begin a new chapter and this month we'll lose weight.I plan on a 10 pound drop.Even if I have to go foodless till I do.I'm tired of not getting down.It's so frusterating.But I know we can do it.We are all strong and have overcome many obsticles in our lives.So we can do it.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:38 PM

Just so we slow losers aren't panicked by Xylie's 10 pound challenge, I will offer a challenge of two pounds for the month. Two pounds is generally doable if you find out what your problem food is. Mine was cheese. When I ran out of cheese, I lost weight. Now it's a part of a meal, not a continuous snack. Right now I'm out and I've been to the store twice and walked right past the cheese.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:50 PM

Irishrose,I'm so glad you did a 2 pound challenge,cause we all can lose some and will either meet or beat them.I may not even reach mine,but this month I'm buckling down.The dear sweet ole lady down the rd is fattening us up with a cake one day,cocunut pie the next,homemade cookies the 3rd day,and sends them home cause she claims she made them and had a piece and didn't like them.She's an excellent cook and is just lonesome since her hubby died 3 months ago.I told her no more.We been working down there the past 2 weeks,cleaning up the place and putting up a fence for a runner chiwowa dog she got.I put on 12 pounds last month!UGG!That's not like me.I'm now 172.Crap I was 157 just awhile back.SO,that's why I have to get it off.I didn't weigh like I normally did,or would of caught it.Now I'm mad at myself so have to pay for it.So,a 2 pound challenge is good for others to meet.I'm expecting nancia to go the 10 pound challenge with me.We probably weigh about the same now.I can feel it too.12 pound gain is a lot.So,lets crack that whip this month and GET ER DONE girls!We can do it.If I can lose 93 pounds and gain 12 pounds,I can certainly get 10 pounds off this month.And you all can to.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:27 AM

Default no loss/No gain

I can only wish I could depend on losing 2pds a mo!! Have been stuck on same wt for 3 wks.Showed food diary to Dr when I was there yest for blood work.AVG is 1250cals a day. He said not too go lower,so just lugging along..lugging too many Pds that is.
That.s one reason I'interested in the eat more every other day someone mentioned.Maybe. would kickstart my wt plan?
Sorry to start your day with a downer...........BTW...this is 2 mos for me,with 10. 1/2pds gone.Kind of pitiful....LOL. Have to add more words la da la

Last edited by plainpat; 11-03-2011 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Bad spelling
Old 11-03-2011, 02:19 AM

Good Morning all of us losers. We are in control of what we put in our body and what we do. When we get to a plateau, we need to increase the calorie count for a day or two to get our body out of starvation mode. Increase our water intake. if you like lemons add some lemons juice to your water. Lemons are a great durietic and will help us to lose weight as well.

Well we had a cold front come through yesterday afternoon and this has caused me to have a little more pain than I have been having prior with little help of the pain meds. I have been on the heating pad which has helped some.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 AM

I thought I signed up for November but haven't seen my name any place. Anyway since a weight gain in Oct I would like to be in for Nov if it's not to late. Really need the support.

Missy, sorry to hear about your brother, my prayers are going out to you and your family.

Am I understanding this right that the challenge for this week is no Halloween candy?

Hope I'm on time to get in on this for Nov.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:59 AM

Jeanne you did sign up I just have not posted an update list. I will be posting later today the updated list. Sorry for the confusion.

Cindy

Originally Posted by JHolm View Post
I thought I signed up for November but haven't seen my name any place. Anyway since a weight gain in Oct I would like to be in for Nov if it's not to late. Really need the support.

Missy, sorry to hear about your brother, my prayers are going out to you and your family.

Am I understanding this right that the challenge for this week is no Halloween candy?

Hope I'm on time to get in on this for Nov.