Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-04-2011, 04:37 AM

The first day was total confusion.....how do I get there? What's this mean? Remember the first time you sat down at a
computer and stared at the alien in front of you? It's like anything else new.......just walk thru again and again and you'll find it eventually. After a few times doing the same thing it will be as automatic as the old one. I'm getting there!! :-)
Old 11-04-2011, 06:14 AM

I am looking and poking around and finding the more I am seeing the more I like it. I click here and there to see what happens. Worse, I can simply sign out, and come back. It's much faster posting, and home page is not any different then the home page we had. Topics, just go down the list as usual. Takes a little bit more of our time getting around. Some folks are naysayers, ready to quit. I say to them, the old quilt board was new to them at one time. I like this board and feel I can get use to it. Cudos to all involved
Old 11-04-2011, 06:26 AM

Love the new site, easier to navigate. Great job for all those who put in hours to make this happen.
This is a wonderful site, thank you.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:30 AM

I'm loving this new look and the improved capabilities. Thanks for all you do!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:37 AM

Would you toss out an old hand made quilt just because it wasn't shiny & new??? Two side to every story.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I think it's sad...people are having temper tantrums over the change to "OUR" board....sorry folks...it's NOT "our" board! It belongs to someone else that is graciously providing this place for us to play and exchange ideas, thoughts, and feelings FOR FREE. Someone else is paying the bill for our pleasure, and we are complaining because the gift they give doesn't suit us? They want to throw it back in the owner's faces that their gift is not good enough? How would they feel if someone did that with a quilt they had gifted?

I appreciate this board and all that the "powers that be do". I'll learn to deal with the changes, whether I like them or not, simply because this is where I meet up with like minded friends.

My reaction would be, "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!"
I am grateful to this site & the members. Some have helped me out a lot, but you do realize without members there would be no board. So in a way it is our board. Also sites are supported by advertisements. I just think that the "Board Moderator" should take into consideration all the complaints as well as the good. And yes I do have my Big Girl Panties on.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:54 AM

I'm learning this site,but it's slow.Some times I press buttons and have a hard time findingmy way back,but am learning.Sandy
Old 11-04-2011, 07:26 AM

I would never leave I am learning the new board I have been here a long time . & I met the most wonderful lady here from Alabama,( over the river) I posted I NEED HELP , & she reply & helped me out nothing to do with quilting, God Bless the people that worked so hard for us to meet new people around the world. & the people that are here. shrabar ,Have a blessed day
Old 11-04-2011, 07:30 AM

Hum-m, I am still here, still learning the ropes and my pile of lemons is gradually making lemonaide! Opps, may have spoken too soon because I just clicked upon a button at bottom right making screen "moble setting" from "__" gosh I do not know and unaware how to reverse what I just did. Kind of like the looks of this screen however--no big advertisements at this point.

Like I say, lemonaide will surely get better and I am hanging in albiet I may not spend as much time here because I have better things to do like quilting. I generally could pop in and out within a few minutes and know exactly where I am and what I am responding to. Within time---like those quarter inch seams---I will get better.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne View Post
The more I use the new board, the easier it becomes to navigate ..One thing I have noticed is the pictures seem to be more clearer and brighter..Not sure if its the board or my eyes though There are a lot of new features that I think are just awesome!! To me, its like me quilting..Never know what to do or how to do it but am sure having fun learning and doing ..
Diana, like the green print, it's nice on the eyes. What font did you use. Thanks Smiles