Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-06-2011, 01:39 PM

Thanks for this "airing out" thread. I'm pretty confused by the new site and can't give it my full attention right now as I am having surgery at the end of the week. After I recoup I'm going to put some serious study time in on here but right now just can't concentrate on it. I'm jumping around a little on the site to see what I can see and finally found the archives thru this thread. I'm sure we will all adjust in time.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:42 PM

I know that we need to give it time. Like I said before is that we are need to be more patient!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:02 PM

Ok I'll admit that I'm not a patient person. I know patience is a virtue. But, I hate change. I'll keep on plugging on and learn it if it kills me. I just hope that I never treat anyone like you have been treated. For me , if they go , they go. So what. People and time move on. Thanks for keeping this site clean and useful. Now, how do I see what everybody posts every day. hehehe
Old 11-06-2011, 03:02 PM

I am not a frequent poster on this board, but I do read all the emails and postings usually that interest me and occasionally write a comment. When I opened the first board email, I was really surprised at the changes. At first, I found it very difficult to navigate and immediately thought, "Why change something already good?" THEN.....I began to think about all my years of teaching and all the changes introduced that we, the teachers, and the children survived.And many times they were for the better, even though we griped and complained about having to learn something new. We felt what we had already was working well for us, so why change it. Most of the time it was a good change.

Change is the one thing you can count on being permanent. There's nothing we can do about it. Change will always occur; but we need to think of it differently. It's progress, improvement and newness. No you may not like everything and may miss some of the old stuff. Unfortunately that's how CHANGE works. Just like a new quilting pattern gives us excitement when we wonder if we can do it or not, some of the new features on this board should make you feel excited too if you'd let it.

You can adjust to this; it's just a matter of sitting for awhile and playing around with it. At first, I couldn't find anything. But as each daily digest comes, I am learning a little more and gradually getting more comfortable with it.

It's sad when people immediately judge and find guilty enough to sacrifice they joy they have always found here. It's still the same people sharing the same good ideas and advice. Be patient and try to learn, just as you first had to learn when you joined the old board. It will eventually seem easy to you once again.

Please don't leave, but if you decide you are going to, know that we will miss you. However, we will continue to enjoy this information and the people who are here. No one will ruin it for those of us who are open-minded enough to give it a chance.

And that's probably my one post for the month. Enuff said!

Last edited by KyKaren1949; 11-06-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: grammatical mistakes
Old 11-06-2011, 03:11 PM

It is true, change comes everyday, I for one am learning the new format. This will take a bit, but I have found my buddies, email, bookmarks and profile I have one question... I know it was mentioned that the signature has changed.. does that mean my roseOfsharon siggy won't show any longer? I have it on the profile and tried to remove the link and have not yet been able to... any helps would be appreciated Thanks for all you do here and for keeping this site going and safe.

Sharon
Old 11-06-2011, 03:15 PM

Getting used to new layout, problem I'm having is it's too wide for my screen, I have to move from side to side to read the message. Anything I can do to change that?

Also, miss clicking on the thread and beginning with the orginial posting, now it seems when I click on the thread I get the last reply. May in Jersey
Old 11-06-2011, 03:31 PM

Each day it sinks in a bit more; It is like my drive to and from work. The state is doing major road work on my regular way to work. It's taking a bit of learning to get around it, but I can. The adjustment (both on this site, and the road to work) will be worth it. Thanks for looking to the future, not the past.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:35 PM

Yes change is inevitable every where. usually for the better but we have to learn new things.learning new things is great for our brains.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:43 PM

Does anyone know if we are able to adjust this so it is not so wide on our screen? TY
Old 11-06-2011, 03:57 PM

Patrice- you are doing a wonderful job, I thank you wholeheartedly. If it wasn't for you a lot of people would be complaining to you and asking for help because they don't understand anything about the QB. I say KUDOS to you!!