Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's was crazy! >

Joann's was crazy!

Joann's was crazy!

Old 11-27-2011, 07:49 AM

I would love to go but I just can't stand that long!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:35 AM

Didn't go to Joann's, HOWEVER, my DH gave me a gift certificate (my birthday present) to a LQS and they were having a 20% off sale. Went, looked and looked, they helped me, and I came home with enough fabric to make a quilt, plus the pattern book. They had just gotten the fabric in! Such fun. And Yes, I spent more than the gift certificate! This quilt will be mine to keep!! YEA!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by EmbQuilt View Post
Took me 3 hours to get my cutting done! It was insane.
Me too. When we arrived (at 8:45) I got D48. They were on C17. Someone decided to leave and gave me her number, so I ended up with D28. We didn't leave until 12:15. I thought it was never going to be my turn. My wait wasn't this long last year. I think they had better sales this year. The flannel was flying off the shelves. My MIL, DD, and I sat on the floor and camped out. We brought a few snacks and something to drink. No one said anything about us having food. lol
Old 11-27-2011, 08:46 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Unfortunately <Blowing nose> I was sick ... Fever, cough, runny nose etc.. so I missed it oh well !! But I will perserve next year !LOL :-)
Old 11-27-2011, 08:56 AM

I didn't go, but a friend is a cutter and for one customer, she cut 85 pieces! I have been but my stash is so big, I didn't need any. I know that people who make for charity, take advantage of this sale. I also get a 10% discount from ASG for anything I buy. I would have been a great deal.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:00 AM

Heard at out JoAnn's here in Fargo there was a 3 hour wait in line........ugh......no way. Our quilt shop was great for shopping !
Old 11-27-2011, 09:39 AM

I went and it was the first time I've ever gone Black Friday shopping! I was one of those waiting at the door (because a place that I thought would be opened earlier wasn't) and I'm glad I was because I got a cart! lol If I ever do it again, I would go a couple of days before, figure out what I want and exactly where it is, then be in line first thing so I could zip in and grab my stuff, then hit the cutting line quick before it wraps around the store! lol I was in the store from 6 to 9:30 and most of that time was in lines. The cutting line took the longest, then they were having a problem with a register, so the check out line was long, too. But I got chatting with the lady behind me, and we just passed the time together, so it really wasn't a big deal. I do think it was worth it, I saved $156.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:02 AM

I went. Got there 10 minutes after it opened. I intended on just getting BOGO thread and batting. The line for cutting was already nuts. There were several ladies with at least 100 bolts in flatbed carts. But, I needed backing for my son
and hubby's t-shirts quilts. I couldn't pass up the flannel, especially since I got a mailer that was 20% off and didn't
exclude door busters. I pulled a number when I got there at 6:10. My turn at the cutting table didn't happen until 8:15, and that is only because whoever had numbers 71-79 weren't there when their numbers were called. Overall, I spent $85 and saved $200. Waiting in line proved to be a dangerous thing for me, as that is where I "shopped" the flannel
sale - from the bolts other people had pulled and had in their carts! Overall it was crowded, but they had an express
cutting table set up for people with one or two cuts and 5 other cutting areas as well. All 4 registers were opened, and
When I checked out there wasn't a wait for that. Even with two transactions, I was checked out in just under 5
minutes. I'm going to start a stash fund so that next Black Friday I can really stock up!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:10 PM

I went on Saturday morning. It was pretty much of a breeze for me. I did not purchase an cut yardage. That line was not to long. I stood in line for about 15 minutes to pay for the things I did pick up.
K
Old 11-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Power Poster

I'm glad you had a good day and saved lots of money. Not for me, no matter how much I would save. I hate waiting and I especially cannot stand for any length of time, so I stayed home. Maybe another time. When I was pregnant with my son I went to what is now Macy's to get Christmas cards and wrapping paper after Christmas. I was jossled, pushed, shoved and had to go get a coffee before I went home so that I would have the strength to get home. Granted, I was 8 months pregnant,but never again. It just isn't worth it to me, but I'm happy for you. Will we get to see some of your masterpieces after the fact? Looking forward to that.