Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-15-2011, 04:45 PM

Cookie baking started today. I may as well just say right now that whoever wins this month...just send me your address. I broke my own taboo but it sure was good. Meanmom, I am right there with you. Gaining weight isn't our goal, tho is it? darn!!!!

hey Lisa, I think you're super! Keep posting here & the numbers will catch up to you ;-)

MJ, it took me 10 years to get around to making my blue quilt for our bed. What games do you play on Facebook? I am addicted to a few myself!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Welcome, Donna! come chat when you can!!!

Nanci, good luck with that swap. Let us know how it goes, please.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:47 PM

meanmom, I find the holidays trigger all kinds of "needy" urges for me. Sometimes food is what I choose to "calm" those needs. See if you can find a different focus for your cravings, and if not, forgive yourself and know that there are only 2 weeks left to the year. Don't beat yourself up for a natural "comfort" desire.

During the holiday time our psyche is trying to create the holiday we never had, or the holiday we had Once Upon a Time, and it does it by replacement behaviors. If you want to break the trend, you have to create a new behavior that is just as satisfying.

Give yourself a break and love yourself for who you are.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
MJ, it took me 10 years to get around to making my blue quilt for our bed. What games do you play on Facebook? I am addicted to a few myself!
I play Farkle every day, Castleville, Gardens of Time, Words With Friends, and Super Slot Machines (each morning.) Anytime you wanna play let me know!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:27 PM

Meanmom, I hear ya. I told my beautician today that I may need to get my jaw wired shut to stop me.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:49 PM

i am having trouble with my computer again...i tried to pm everyone as the fat quarters arrived for nov. I keep losing my connection. I think i got everyone some twice. If you are in doubt if it arrived pm me susan...
Old 12-15-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Meanmom, I hear ya. I told my beautician today that I may need to get my jaw wired shut to stop me.
I may need to also have my jaw wired shut.......it is too funny. This is the time of year that is the hardest to lose. I hope to maintain.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
I play Farkle every day, Castleville, Gardens of Time, Words With Friends, and Super Slot Machines (each morning.) Anytime you wanna play let me know!
I love Words! I play Bubble Witch Saga & Zuma & Zebra Maghong (totally did not spell that right!) I played Farmville for a year but it really was taking up way too much of my time. I'll PM you my info.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:34 AM

Cindy, maintaining would be great. I need to find some gum to chew while I bake today. Also I keep soapy water in the sink & wash my hand quickly after dropping the cookies on the tray so I don't ever lick my fingers. Cookie dough...why is it so good!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 AM

i wrote a long response to y'all and the cosmos ate it! disappeared--gone. anyway, all i was saying is , i don't make cookies so this week's taboo will be a cinch for me! now, when pies become taboo...
mj-- i'm so sorry you're having increasing health problems. on the bright side, you are probably more than halfway to your walking destination just by getting up and walking to the loo and back. i hope the rest of the fluid leaves as quickly as the 1st half!
christmas day at our house is a very quiet and peaceful time (till the football game, of course!). i used to put out a jigsaw puzzle and people would come in and out, putting pieces together. we'd have a late nite supper of homemade soup and fresh bread. very low key and casual. this year the pieces i'll be putting together are cloth, and dh will be the only one eating fresh bread. lol. if we 'd fixed the fireplace when we moved in we could have a cheerful blaze. next year! this year will be quieter than usual as all the kids are grown and flown, and we will be remembering those who have left us.
jeanne-- i'm kinda glad you had a slight rise in weight- it means you'll stay with us! but i'm all for you losing it if you'll promise not to leave us!
for those of you contemplating having your jaw wired shut--be careful what you wish for! it is the closest thing to hell on earth! my son had to have it done and i never met anyone more miserable! chew gum-- 5-15 calories and you must burn at least that chewing it. if you're lucky you'll be able to blow bubbles-a definite plus to my way of thinking! 8-)
murphy-- i know there was some comment i was going to make on your post, and that's why i lost my first comments, i can't leave for another page. now i can't remember (again) what it was i wanted to say! crs is not for the weak hearted. now i remember! making things is alot more fun than buying things, i agree! and being retired, as i like to call myself, has definite pluses. my time is my own to do as i please. and i have time to sew and chat and dream. my needs may be less, but my retail therapy sessions are still expensive. i have yet to accept that i really don't need all these dresses i keep buying! is that some kind of psychosis? any shrinks in the house? i guess it's better than comfort food cramming!
beachbound-- it took me so long to write my post, you got my gum idea! teach me to be so wordy! (in reality probably not! i'm just as talkative in person.)
everybody have a wonderful week-end! i will be busy sewing! quess who's getting a new sewing machine early next year! i'm not saying , but it's someone very near and dear to my sweet dh!

Last edited by nancia; 12-16-2011 at 06:16 AM.