Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-16-2011, 09:42 PM

Default End quote

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
Lisa my dad has one of those collars but doesn't have a dog anymore, I could mail it to ya lol!

I am one of those people that play facebook games, boy are they addicting. I used to join a game anytime someone I knew sent me an invite. I finally had to quit most of them, they were making me nuts. Now I just play FarmVille and Words with Friends. That is all I can handle.

MJ I like the traditions you posted, I told hubby and DS we need to find some new ways to celebrate since it is just the three of us. The one thing DS wants to do is bake cookies lol. He really misses all the plates of homemade cookies we used to get. Now that we are both on the gluten free diet he can't even eat the cookies at the few parties we do go to. So we will be baking our own. At the grocery the other day they had gluten free flour priced at less than half the usual price so I bought a bunch. I will do my best to behave, but I do love homemade cookies.

Pam any word on Ethan, how is he doing on his diet?

Xylie good to see you post, you have been missed. Nancia may be right about a bone bruise. Those are brutal and all you can do is wait for it to heal.

Meanmom what does the chiropracter do for plantar faciitis? I have to stretch in the morning or I can't even get out of bed.

It's nice to see some new "faces", the more the merrier! The more people we get to join, the more encouragement and tips for everyone. I have been playing the 12 Days of Christmas PIF game, and whenever a new one starts I see it mentioned on a couple other long going threads. Maybe we should do that when MJ starts the thread in January. A lot of people start diets in January, and we could all help each other. So, if we each mention it on another group thread it might help other people to find this thread.

After making a pig of myself the last week of November, I ended the month way up. So far I'm not making much progess at getting rid of it, but at least the number is not going any further up.
I agree with everything you said.And your quote at the bottom of your page is me exactly.I always love finding things I completely forgot about,that I didn't know I had,or knew I have it,but where? LOL!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:10 PM

Ethan got out of the hospital on sunday. There was finally an update tonight. He is only drinking 4-6 oz of liquid a day. They are afraid he will get kidney stones. His seizures had decreased some and they were very hopeful that the diet was helping but the last 2 days they are bad again.
A friend gave me a pan of carrot cake. The cake is 3/4" thick and so is the frosting. Yuck! I ate a piece of it but only about 1/4 of the frosting.
I bought some Yogi tea. They have some very yummy flavors that I am hoping will help the sweet cravings. One kind I am going to try is called green tea blueberry slim life. What a title. It is supposed to give you energy while suppressing your appetite. Here is something interesting it says on the box: "Yoga to feed your mind Sit cross-legged or in a chair with spine straight and feet flat. With eyes closed close off right nostril with right hand and inhale slowly through left nostril. Hold breath as long as possible, then release slowly and hold out as long as possible. Continue for 1 to 3 minutes. What a soothing way to keep your appetite in check" Wouldn't that be something if something as simple as breathing through your left nostril can help you lose weight! I'll give the tea and the breathing a try tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:03 AM

pam--that breathing out the left nostril would certainly work for me! i have a deviated septum and can't breathe out of that side of my nose. i would lose my whole 195lbs at once! lol, i will try sitting upright in a chair and having tea. that does sound pleasant, and relaxing.
sorry things aren't totally better with ethan. i think we were all hopeful this diet would work. poor kid, and poor family who love him! having a sick child is so tough and makes you doubt your worthiness as a parent because you can't 'make it better'. my heart and prayers go out to you all.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:12 AM

We continue to pray for Ethan and his family; having a sick child is so horrible. Nancia is correct about it making you doubt your parenting worthiness and all that goes with it!

PamH, I beg the yogi tea will help you pee more than anything else. That does sound soothing and relaxing, which will change your habit of gulping, if you have that one, like me.

Xylie, bone bruises are terribly painful. My heart is with you.

I just got dressed with dh's assistance and will use the walker to get to the car. I want to see something besides the 4 walls around me so we are going "uptown" or "to town" or "downtown", all the same place here in my little burg. I can't get out and walk but I can look out the window.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 AM

I'm finally checking in and sending my condolences to Nancia.

I can say I've been joining you in the emotional eating because my mother is in assisted living and I know she isn't that happy. She is exhibiting more signs of dementia but still wants to move into her own house with a kitchen. One of the reasons she is in AL is because she couldn't handle her own medications, she left the stove burners on, skipped meals (but insisted she had eaten - the evidence was on the counter - a full meal still in the to-go box), lost her wallet full of money, lost just her credit card (for the second time) - in other words, all of the usual.

She loves all of the activities that the AL offers and her health has been much better since the nurses are giving her the medications, so she could be happy if she'd let herself be, but you can't change someone else's thoughts.

So on my weight loss front, I give myself credit for NOT stopping for a Dunkin Donut everytime I leave her place! But I did fall for the Rice Krispie Treats last week (among other things). I had lost 4 lbs the week before, but gained 3 back this past week. I might have to put that FQ incentive in the kitchen instead of the sewing room!

Congratulations to all the participants who are keeping on track ... I applaud your success. There's still plenty of month left to be successful in!
Old 12-17-2011, 01:41 PM

Kathy T,
I just saw this cool book a few sewing members made on another thread for their mother with dementia. They made a cloth book to "fiddle" with, it had zippers sewn in, snaps to open and close, soft fabrics and different textures. They took older pictures of their mom and family members and put them on fabric and sewed them in the book, with the names and relationships underneath. It was very helpful for their mom to see the familiar and to show visitors her book.

Just a thought that might help your mom get accustomed to the new place.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:52 PM

Purplemem:
I've heard of the "fidget" blankies (small quilts with all the texture stuff) but including it in the book idea with photos is new to me and I think that would be a great idea. My mom loves to show visitors her stuff, so I'm going to work on that. Thank you so much for the suggestion!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:20 AM

oh my just 7 days to christmas...as i am not in need of anything but fabric lol. I am wishing that everyone loses weight this month and their health improves...it saddens me to hear members to talk of their health issures.. i pray for you all every day
Old 12-18-2011, 03:58 AM

slowly moving down on the scale...how's everybody else doing ???? one week til christmas and i haven't touched a cookie !!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:28 AM

Congratulations. Cookies are my downfall at this time of year. I am up a bit, but vow to be down before the end of the month.
I am sadden to hear Ethan is still struggling. This has to be difficult on him as well as family. I hope they resolve his struggles soon. It is difficult to hear about little ones suffering.

As we get older it seems various parts of the body give us grief. I wish us all healthy recovery from ailments that give us grief.

I mentioned doing a Fat Flush and someone asked about it. Here is a link that reviews/discusses the diet some.
http://www.healthline.com/health/fat-flush-diet

It is a bit harsh, but I know it works. I may start drinking the cranberry juice just cause it is good for you.

Originally Posted by dotski View Post
slowly moving down on the scale...how's everybody else doing ???? one week til christmas and i haven't touched a cookie !!!!!