Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
And yet another great customer service example >

And yet another great customer service example

And yet another great customer service example

Old 12-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Default And yet another great customer service example

About weeks ago I was in Decatur, GA, for a month helping my DD with the grandkids following her tonsilectomy - horrid, horrid experience for an adult, but that is another story. Anyway, one day I had to have my quilt shop fix, and went into a shop called Intown Quilters. While there I saw the most wonderful little girls outfit all sewn up, and I just HAD to have the pattern. But, they didn't have the pattern anymore. The quilt shop owner was at the Houston Quilt Market, and she was hoping to come home with some of the patterns. No problem says I. I will buy the fabric here and now, and get the pattern from an on-line source. However, after trying at least 10 on-line sources I was not able to find the pattern. I was told it was out of print. I held onto hope though, since I hadn't heard from Intown Quilters yet. Alas, about 2 weeks ago I got a call from them, apologizing for taking so long, but telling me that the pattern was indeed out of print and they had not been able to get it either. I thanked them for their trying and set about trying to find a similar pattern. Late Saturday afternoon my phone rang here in MI, and to my great surprise it was "Lacie" from Intown Quilters. She told me that they had just found 3 sets of the pattern that I had wanted, and wondered if I still wanted it. Of Course!!! She is holding it for me until we get to Atlanta/Decatur later this week. I was just astounded, and very grateful, for both her tenacity in searching for the pattern, and also for not tossing my contact information after her first call to me. That shop will be my go to quilt and fabric source EVERY single time I visit my DD and grands from now on. And I will use this example when talking about great customer service in the future.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:45 PM

It is really nice to hear a positive experience, especially since people as a whole tend to share negative experiences more frequently. Sounds to me like they really cared about helping you and when they made sure you were contacted when they located the pattern. Nice that they remembered you, even after you had been in touch and told no-go. That is a great example of truly good customer service and something that will no doubt pay dividends to the shop - they now have a very loyal customer in you! Happy sewing (and please share photos when you finish the project!) Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:50 PM

What a wonderful person to go so far above and beyond. Blessings to her and that store. I look forward to seeing pictures of what you create (smile). Thank you for sharing this positive and joyful experience.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:03 PM

That is indeed wonderful customer service. Thanks for sharing a positive experience.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:18 PM

Don't those experiences make up for all the bad ones?
Old 12-20-2011, 04:10 PM

That is exceptional customer service. I just had a very good experience with Batik Timbal, where they made every effort to make sure that I received what I wanted. They called when they ran out of one fabric to ask me what I would like to replace it as well as communicating by emails.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:09 PM

Very nice customer service! I wish it was more common....
Old 12-20-2011, 07:14 PM

Only quilters and quilt shop owners would understand the importance of getting that elusive pattern or fabric!!! So glad it worked out for you!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 11:24 PM

That is really great, like to hear these awesome things about the shops.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:52 AM

So nice to hear a positive experience with a quilt shop. It seems like all I read on this blog are the complaints, when things go wrong, and yet I know there are a dedicated group of quilt shop workers out there who are willing to go "the extra mile" for a customer, as they have done for me. Yet one hardly ever hears about them. Good for you for bringing this positive, upbeat story to the Board! It really put a smile on my face!