Hi everyone

Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Sharon and I live in a small town in Missouri, the nearest fabric store is 50 miles and I don't get there very often though there is a Walmart 20 miles one way and 25 miles the other way...always a Walmart close <smiling>. I have 4 Grandchildren and I watch my youngest G'daughter and take her to pre-school everyday. I love working on quilts and have several tops completed, and a cheater quilt <king> over half completed. I love quilting, scrapbooking and taking and printing photo's. The problem I have is putting the border on, the tops I can piece fine and seem to know what colors to put with what, but when it comes to borders I am very uneasy with it and think I am afrid that I am going to mess up the quilt with the wrong border and since I have never done a border only the quilt tops <which I have learned to do by reading or pictures on the internet> I am very unsure of myself when it comes to the border. I don't have material to go the lenght of the quilt, so do I piece them and how? I have a bolt of muslin backing that I purchased at JoAnns on sale and wondered if I could just cut it larger then the quilt and turn it and stitch it for the border. Any suggestions would be appriciated. I have a couple that I would like to finish for Christmas presents and seem to put off doing them because I have no idea where to start <smiling> Hope to hear from you all soon.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:56 AM

Hi Sharon, I know exactly how you feel. I bought a lot of books, but here is a website that finaly REALLY helped me. Everything from start to finish including boarders, binding, sashing, blocks, you name it plus very good visual pictures to go along with the Instructions. Try it out. You will be glad you did. I was! Donna Rae :wink:
Old 12-04-2006, 08:58 AM

Hi again Sharon, It helps if I give your the web site. HEE HEE. Sorry here it is http://quilting.about.com/od/stepbystepquilting/a/make_a_quilt.htm

Have fun. And if by slight chance it does not work just go to www.aboutquilting.com Donna Rae
Old 12-04-2006, 09:01 AM

Thanks DonnaRae <smiling> I was looking for the site, thought I was missing it and then decided you meant this site lol. I went to the site and put it in my favorite places so that I can go look at it when I get the time. Have a nice day
Old 12-04-2006, 10:59 AM
PJ

:D
Hi, everyone. My Name is Priscilla Dalton and everyone calls my PJ. I live in Corpus Christi Texas ( a balmy 70 degrees) and I am a new quilter. I have dabbledat quilting, but I am finishing up a quilt I started some 15 or 20 years ago. I have made the cutest eyeglass holder for reading glasses out of boiled felt. I helped the local quilt shop develope the pattern Saturday. They are made out of deep red with a lime green Christmas Tree and a off-white star. I will send instructions and a picture (if I can figure all of this out) if any one is interrested. Let me know!!!!
PJ
Attached Thumbnails portable-design-wall.jpg   sewing-room.jpg   cutting-station.jpg   sewing-table.jpg   quilting-station.jpg  

quilting-station-wall.jpg   fabric-shelf.jpg  
Old 12-04-2006, 11:32 AM

Hi Prisilla, I am very interested. I sounds very creative, And nice to meet you! Donna Rae
Old 12-05-2006, 07:03 AM

Hi Priscilla, thanks for the offer and I am interested too.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
PJ

Okay I am going to get the pictures in here somehow.

This should give you a picture of the case and one close-up of the stiching.
Enjoy!!
PJ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58051[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-58051.jpe  
Old 12-06-2006, 09:45 AM
PJ

Wow that sure is big. Can someone tell me how to make it smaller for next time? Sorry guys.
PJ
Old 12-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Boo

The picture is fine. Gives us a chance to admire your work! Those will make great gifts. You do nice work, and you should be proud.
Attached Thumbnails flower_1.jpg   6467-bintheg1.jpg   6468-loves-blue-sky.jpeg   6742-thank-you-teacher.jpg   american-wreath.jpeg  

6799-koi-1.jpg   6856-poppy-2.jpg   6954-beleive.jpg   7733-united-we-stand.gif  
Attached Images