Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husband punishment >

Husband punishment

Husband punishment

Old 12-18-2012, 08:19 AM

This is so funny!!! My husband likes to drive me to Joanns it is 40 miles each way and he likes the time together in the car + he knows he will get a really good lunch/dinner out of the trip...usually Red Lobster. But, when we get there he stays in the truck after I tell him it is ok. He sneaks a cigar, reads the paper and makes calls to his kids on the cell phone. Sometimes he will come in and use the bathroom, catch up with me and ask me if I need any more money, and to make sure I get what I want. He spoils me because he knows I have only finished 1 quilt so far in my short quilting career, but he keeps encouraging me to keep collecting fabric, fat quarters, pre-cut squares and drolling over expensive sewing machines!! We are just funning with each other and I think that is great in a marriage/relationship to have a good sense of humor. Life's too short.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 AM

My DH would say "If you want it get it." Sorry yours feels different. But mine is an artist in his own wright. He does woodturning, tool and die, just pinnned his 1st quilt, leather working,... I love him and he also comes in handy for the sewing rooms, he makes me little gadgets all the time for us.
Loved him more than I can say!...
Penny
Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 AM

I think the post was funny, and I laughed when reading it....And I can relate to her very well. I am sorry some took offense to it. I got the same comments back when my daughter became engaged. I was excited, wanted it share it with everyone so I posted it on the board. Received not so nice comments from it. Kinda hurt my feelings, then I realized, "hey, this is my good news". I haven't shared a quilt I made for them because of that. So I am more cautious in my posts.....
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by MattieMae View Post
This takes me back to the old days when the "bought them for the articles" excuse was given by geezers who bought PlayBoy magazines.
DH and I actually did buy a PlayBoy once... for the article. If I remember rightly it was an interview of Jimmy Carter and in it he was asked if he ever "strayed" and he said something like, "When a beautiful woman walks by, sometimes I do with my eyes." He was either running for president or president at the time.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by gigi712 View Post
That's hilarious! Mine says he doesn't mind going with me, but I always feel hurried when he's along, so most times I go alone. Get to touch and feel more fabric that way.
Same with my hubby.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 AM

My partner in shopping crime is my 12 year old Son. The ladies at the LQS know him, and think he is a pretty neat kid. He divides his time between hanging with me and matching fabric an going to get a popsicle which he eats outside. At the New Year's Day sale in January he was my runner while I stood in line - or would hold my place if I couldn't describe the fabric I needed quite right. DH tends to avoid fabric/craft stores with a passion, though last year he hit the LQS and bought up my entire wish list.

Cheers, K
Old 12-18-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by gigi712 View Post
That's hilarious! Mine says he doesn't mind going with me, but I always feel hurried when he's along, so most times I go alone. Get to touch and feel more fabric that way.
That's exactly the way I feel! I don't want to take him with me.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 PM

I took the original post as my sort of facetious sense of humour.

My DH hates shopping. Period! He'll drop me off at one of the local quilts shops and go on to Home Depot if I'm not by myself.

OTOH, when we are traveling together on the mainland and he can't drop me off because we are on our way somewhere, he'll sit in the rental car and read a newspaper or book.

Since he's willing to zip off the highway and take me to a new quilt shop, he's a keeper
!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:14 PM

My DH likes to change cars - often. I finally started to call him a "car slut" Then I started to quilt and collect a stash. Now he calls me a "fabric slut" or "Quilt slut" . All in fun

He is great about taking me to fabric stores, will even point them out when we are travelling. He asks how much time I want then goes to find the nearest Starbucks or McD's for coffee, when I'm done he's napping in the car.

Last edited by mtngrl; 12-18-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: add a bit
Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 PM

My hubby is too sweet to punish. Promise!