Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 10-10-2013, 09:54 AM

Well I have been sewing, have one partners block made and working on 2nd partner. Will mail both when we go out maybe tomorrow!

Hugs,
Cajun
Old 10-10-2013, 10:12 AM

You have to excuse Brat, materialgrl hahaha She's easily confused.. (jes kidding) You and Brat ARE partners for November...I 'splained you are having surgery Oct 28th, but wanted to be in the October swap... Ya'all have anymore problems be sure to PM me...

Jean
Old 10-10-2013, 03:03 PM

Well, today was the day. I tried out my new PP ruler with the 1/4" lip on it. It is fantastic. Worth every penny I paid for it. (Should have bought it on Amazon! But, I didn't. I was in a hurry for it.) My Bee Block practically made itself. And the video tutorial was fabulous. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2gKMx9CCM

Now, that being said.... I didn't account for user error. I bought fabric I hated. And, found out it was kinda of thin. Problem 1. Problem 2, same problem as problem 1, only, it was a white print fabric. Then of course, I was using the free pattern "Circle of Geese" from here: http://piecebynumber.com/circleofgeese.htm. Well, half my geese went clockwise and the other half went counter clockwise. Yep, I will be re-doing the entire block tomorrow including new fabric. But, the 1/4" PP ruler worked fantastic! I highly recommend it.

So dfelker, I will be restarting your block tomorrow. Just like to keep you advised on the progress or there lack of. Really, I have re-picked better fabric. Some the same, some new. Am excited to re-try with the new fabric. I think it will be even better then the first one. I like my fabric choices way better this time around.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:51 AM

I received it yesterday!! Sooooo cute....! Girls do know best?! Thanks so much! Love the colors. Yes, seems zebra stripes (my 16 yr old DGD has in her room + lime green) & tiger stripes (her 13 yr old sis has with peach). Looks like any animal stripe, cotton, flannel is all the rage now....
Yours went out in snail mail yesterday... Hope you like.... I'll post a pic of yours soon...
God Bless.....

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
Well... I had an idea and I had motivation. I'm not entirely sure what constitutes "teen girl" so I ran the pattern & fabric by the girls in my 5th period geometry class and they gave it 1.75 (out of 2) thumbs up. They really wanted zebra stripes but that was far too directional to even begin to contemplate.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 AM

I am easily confused. I thought I had someone who wanted a house/church block? now I don't know who that is. made yours oksewnsew, sent the second one out too, material girl is my third one correct? got that have her mail to any block any colors will mail out on Monday so got that. anything I missed???? was there one more person????

to those new to me let me say I had a stroke one year ago and my short term memory is not grand. I try hard and its not my being an airhead its me literally having these big .. blank spots that randomly show up. some days are great. some days.. oh dear. I think quilting really helps me focus hence why you see me here so much. I hope it doesn't drive you guys as nuts as much as it drives me nuts or we all will be looney tunes shortly!

I have to go quilt a doll quilt with a candle glow theme and then whip up another one for another partner! I just sent out the names for my table runner swap so if your in it please go check it out. if you missed the sign ups and would like to jump on in I can probably still partner you up! so get on over there now!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:15 AM

No no no, you haven't lost it, I will PM you with the info - you do have another 'side' block to make (as a cover)...Get it?? ;o) OH by the way, it's MATERIALGRL...not separated & 'girl'...Jes so ya kno...;o)

Last edited by Oksewnsew; 10-11-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:42 AM

oh dear good thing I saved that email also! lol.. love this inbox.. I keep things there MOST of the time so its an instant recall. hence why I try to make things quick.. before I forget! love the extra help oksewnsew. your a wonder!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:55 AM

HAHAHA, sometimes I WONDER about me...
Old 10-11-2013, 10:18 AM

Cajunbear, I am working on your block, almost finished and had a major set back! Got that fixed and should be able to have this in the mail by tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:31 PM

I received not one, not two but three beautiful blocks from Robert, rfbrazell, in todays mail. They are fabulous, white, black and each has some red accent. They are on point and I don't know which one I like the best. I told him I would post pictures as soon as I find out where my husband put the camera....not joking. My DH left yesterday to go to the huge swap meet in Hersey Penn. and then he is going to New Jersey to stay with his cousin for a few days so they can take in New York city. He took our small camera and the Nikon isn't where it should be. Hubby is notorious for not putting things back where they should be or from where he got them!!! Anyway, when he calls tonight I am hoping he remembers where he put the camera, if not I will go on a scavenger hunt tomorrow. Anyone want to place a bet on where it will be - barn, shed, detached garage, in the ranger, in his workshop! The time I waste on looking for things I could spend quilting! Anyway, thank you again Robert. I feel very fortunate that I was matched with him for the first month and even more fortunate to have made a good friend in Washington.