Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
For giggles, continued, I saw it on... >

For giggles, continued, I saw it on...

For giggles, continued, I saw it on...

Old 03-12-2015, 05:30 PM

Kenmore rules - that cabinet is missing it's insides! HOWEVER - if someone on here picks it up and needs the insides, I've got them.

This is what should be inside

I bought a cabinet just like that in really nice shape with a crappy machine, then picked up the same cabinet in GA with serious water damage, but a near mint condition machine. Stripped everything out and let DS keep it as a cabinet (he can fix it if he wants) and brought all the treadle parts home with me.

Last edited by Macybaby; 03-12-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:23 PM

Macy, I guess that would explain the great price!

I'm guessing that someone along the line liked the cabinet (Who wouldn't?) and tossed the machine.

Archaic, yeah -- you and I both. I hadn't considered any of the famous decal sets until I saw the India Star. High price, though.

Jeanette, your enthusiasm is contagious -- no, I won't buy it!
Old 03-12-2015, 06:26 PM

Great price on this one, especially that they appear to be willing to negotiate:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/atq/4928215422.html

The whole thing would clean up and look amazing.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by KenmoreRulesAll View Post
Great price on this one, especially that they appear to be willing to negotiate:

Is that a Frankenstein? The irons look different than mine, even though the head is the same (their decals are in better shape) and the lid looks..... German? Surely that's not how the cabinet would have shipped either?

The India Star is one of the few decals I would pay more for. They were just not seen here as far as I know. That said, I wouldn't pay -that- much more.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:46 PM

I would love to have this machine especially since I have a truly unique, to me anyway, cabinet for this beauty. Oh well, I can dream.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:13 AM

Oh - I WANT that one! someone needs to go get it for me. BTW - you can keep the base and cover that is not Singer, or in original condition (what ever it's from). But I'm seriously looking for a VS Fiddlebase Singer to go with my IF fiddle base.

Last edited by Macybaby; 03-13-2015 at 04:15 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:51 PM

Macybaby, you need to get that one. She's a beauty!

Jeanette
Old 03-13-2015, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
Is that a Frankenstein? The irons look different than mine, even though the head is the same (their decals are in better shape) and the lid looks..... German? Surely that's not how the cabinet would have shipped either?
Definitely right with both of those points Tammi. The giveaway with the cabinet is the lack of Singer's shuttle symbol on the side. Still, $60 for a VS2 is a fantastic deal and it would be a beauty until the right cabinet could be found. One of us needs to buy it now!
Old 03-13-2015, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Oh - I WANT that one! someone needs to go get it for me. BTW - you can keep the base and cover that is not Singer, or in original condition (what ever it's from). But I'm seriously looking for a VS Fiddlebase Singer to go with my IF fiddle base.
Just in case you didn't realise Cathy (I think you probably did though) the hinges are not in the same place on these machines so you wouldn't be able to use the VS2 in your IF cabinet.
I have both and they're great machines. Had a hell of a time finding an IF cabinet. The VS2 is common here but IFs are like hen's teeth (only ever seen three and bought two of them).
Old 03-13-2015, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Definitely right with both of those points Tammi. The giveaway with the cabinet is the lack of Singer's shuttle symbol on the side. Still, $60 for a VS2 is a fantastic deal and it would be a beauty until the right cabinet could be found. One of us needs to buy it now!
LOL! not bad for being upstairs and the VS2 downstairs hiding behind a couch. When I mentioned the way it shipped, I was referring to how short it is width wise. There's no room for anything even your fabric!