Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I've been using a FitBit since Christmas. >

I've been using a FitBit since Christmas.

I've been using a FitBit since Christmas.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

Default I've been using a FitBit since Christmas.

I got mixed reviews when I asked about the Fit Bit here for Christmas gifts. I bought the wrist one for myself and I love it. I have lost 7 lbs since Dec. I didn't change my diet much just being more active. I didn't realize how little activity I was getting. I thought it was much more then it was. Little thing like walking from parking lot the store, turn around and walk back to your car and back again. It really adds up. With health care cost soaring every step helps.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:11 PM

I have thought about it....heaven knows I need to lose weight! Not real familiar with it....are there lots to chose from??
Old 02-02-2015, 07:38 PM

Anything that encourages us to move is a good thing! I have a great pedometer that measures the number of steps, along with the number of steps at a moderate pace, the time it took, calories burned and distance ( 1/2 mile, 1 miles, etc) It keeps track of that information for 7 days so my goal is to have steps each day.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:14 AM

I've never had much luck with pedometers and I have tried several different ones. They do not pick up the actual number of steps I take. When I have tested them against the same route for consistency or actually counted the number of steps I took over a prescribed route the pedometer was never consistent and considerably under-counted the number of steps I took. Have you checked the fit bit for accuracy or consistency?
Old 02-03-2015, 04:24 AM

I have had the small clip on FitBit for a little over a year. I've not had any problems with it, just changed the battery once. I usually check the steps total each night, helps me to get off my butt and do the same or better the next day
Old 02-03-2015, 04:44 AM
Power Poster

Congratulation Onebyone. Anything that helps you lose a little weight each month is worth it.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:21 AM

I've been using a pedometer since New Year's myself. I was shocked at how little I was moving until I got this. I'm not sure it's the most accurate, but it makes me move in order to compete with myself. I know I'm healthier for using it and as you say, health care is so expensive that it's up to each of us to do what we can to help our bodies fight disease and aging......
Old 02-03-2015, 08:38 AM

I too got a Fitbit a couple of weeks ago. One thing in particular . . . On the days I sew I have to make special effort to get my steps in. When we sew we just don't move around a lot. I'm trying to take a little more time to move around when I get up to press or retrieve something. Not sure ours are perfectly accurate, but it's all relative. Raises awareness of how little we are moving around during the day. One day at a time!!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:03 AM

Congrats on having success with the fitbit! I use a dog LOL ... I'm almost afraid to count how many steps I take since I walk 2-3 hours every day with her!!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:21 PM

What is Fitbit? Never heard of it, but if it's a fitness device I was probably not looking. LOL