Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 AM

Hi all...back from summer in all different states except here! Glad to be home for awhile!!! Company for 2 weeks so I am quickly checking in...LOVE these quilts done ALL!
Old 07-11-2015, 04:31 AM

I am so happy. Yesterday I cut the hats I have chosen from about oh 30 I attempted to draw lol and I cut them out of the fusible stuff and then the fabric to go with it! tada! I am getting somewhere quick on this end. Guess it is easier or I am just hoping to be done with the applique as fast as I can. lol. I made two different ones and now all I have to do is to fuse them to fabric and applique them on. I think I can get that done Sunday I hope. After clinic who knows what energy I will have. Then on Monday I can finish that row!!!!! I have two mug rugs to do for a birthday gift.My daughter in law asked for them in a hot pink and a gray white fabric she saw on my shelves. I can do that I hpe. the binding is going to kill me. Then lucky me found out my daughter is having her bridal shower on the 8th of August. What happened to the end of Sept date? groan. now to find out if she is having a for her only shower or a household shower. I think this wedding is going to put me in the poor house for sure. got a quilt that has to be finished for her also on the line. one more block just one more block to do and its not something I want to do. but if I finish it shortly it can go to the quilter and be back in time to bind and send for a wedding gift. I sure don't like being pushed. I don't have the energy to be pushed. plus I have this to finish too! and that baby quilt I want to work on. things like that. Do you ever feel this way too? like overload or overwhelmed by responsibility? I love my girl but will be glad when its over. I never heard of six months of commitments.. the bbq the camping trip the river rafting group outing the baby shower then the bridal party mountain retreat and the list goes on and on and on! argh pirates! I am worn out and I am not even able to go to the wedding! but the gifts keep needing to be sent. sigh. and the excitement is supposed to be continual and its gets tiring for this old lady. I feel like 53 going on 100 I swear I do. lol
Old 07-12-2015, 03:00 PM

Here are all of my rows together, but not sewn. I have no ideas on what to use as a border. There's enough blue I think. Maybe a thin border of medium blue then green??? I'm going to quilt the rows first before putting them together so it may be a while before I post another picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524965[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1000198%25%25.jpg  
Old 07-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Very very nice Whitepine - love it. It all flows together so nicely. Maybe a thin white border and then a wider green or dark blue, or a thin white border and then a pieced border of the various colored squares in the quilt. Can't wait to see the finished masterpiece!
Old 07-13-2015, 05:46 AM

oh that is beautiful! you did such a great job your it! your the new leader! tell us how its done please! I just looked back over the quilt I am working on and the photo shows it so wrinkly! it was ironed! flat! my hubby was in a hurry up mode to take the pic so no time to straighten it. I am embarrassed if I had looked four times before I posted it I would have said heck no! do that again. don't just drop it on the floor and say tada here it is. groan.

I got my hats on the base yesterday. Wasn't feeling super well. Today I hope to finish those two blocks and then its off to the fun block the center. I think I will have this row done by this next weekend I am so happy about it. will show you progress today or tomorrow. gotta get the man in gear first lol. Anyone else done anything? at all? lol. if your not sewing what are you up to? cooking? vacationing by the beach or lake? (seeing white pines quilt I think lake) any suggestions on how to learn to paper piece that will not kill the brain nor the bank. Cant afford to buy books or videos. I was leant Carol Doaks take but it went right over my head. would love to experiment with it bit by bit .. simple things at first. massively simple lol.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:54 AM

ok I got the hats appliqued on. now to find flowers to put on the hat. Here is a question do you think I could use any flowers or do I have to use only tropical flowers? the trouble I am having is that my hats are 5 inches so I cant use a big flower and my tropical fabric has like 3 inch flowers which are a tad big for this I think. I have daisy and other flower fabric that is small enough but not sure it will work. argh! I had a doctors appointment that was loaded with news that made me very unhappy and well sat down to sew got a little done and went and took a 5 hour nap. yikes. guess overload hits everyone sometime. lucky me! it was my day. today is a better day. I have decided so therefore it shall be!
Old 07-14-2015, 05:04 AM

Whitepine- just wonderful! I met new friends who live near you. When your quilt is done, I'd love for them to see it.
Do you happen to know Isabel & John??!!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:03 PM

Thanks for your comments everyone. I never thought of a thin white border Karamarie. I'm going to try that.

I did want to list the different patterns I used, to give credit and in case someone wants to use them.

Eagles are from a pattern from a shop hop. The quilt was called American the Beautiful
Mountains. Can't find where I got the mountains. Probably from pintrest.
Trees by Yvonnes.dk
Black Bear by Schenley at Craftsy
Heron by Lori Kennedy

Dotcom, I don't know an Isabel. Are they from Sequim?
Old 07-16-2015, 04:20 AM

Wow to live in a town where someone might know someone else. WOWSA. I live in Cody. It is like no one from outside makes it in lol. ok tourists do. I know Jaba but that was easy. She lives in a town about 20 minutes from here and talked me into moving here. Other than that its not a place you bump into anyone from your old place from. at all. ever. lol. ok maybe but it hasn't happened to me or Steve yet. He did find that once your here long enough everyone knows everyone does that count?

I have my two blocks done now for the easy part. the center and the sides. think I will do my sides the same as the top easy and like the colors reminds me of a beach towel. bright and cheery! I hope that tomorrow leaves me enough energy to finish the center block. cutting it was easy lol now to sew it. Its not a hard block just takes twice ok three times as long on dialysis week. I get pooped out instantly. (BORING!). Wish me luck and a posting of another block. The sides should be simple enough. I want to do square in a square blocks all the way down with tropical flowers in them. hoping to find the fabric for this before I am supposed to start! like this weekend!!!!!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:16 PM

I am just a lurker for this project but loving what you all are doing. Linda, that center wild colored block I would steal in a minute. I have hardly been on the QB for past month or more. Life is crazy busy and not yet over. Hope by mid-August it will slow down a bit. I am having quilting withdrawal!