Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 12-06-2015, 04:09 PM

Thank you Audrey from WA for the wonderful Secret Santa package. What quilter doesn't enjoy gadgets and I know that the Fiskars 12-in-1 Sewing Muti-tool and the Quilter's Tool Necklace will both come in handy. I love the bundle of bright fabrics, the FQ's, the Halloween fabric, and the Cupcake fabric. I have an idea for the Cupcake fabric so if you PM me your board name I will send a picture after the holidays when I have some time to make one up. The Quilt Sampler magazine is very special as the cover photo is a pattern designed by a local quilter / shop owner (Kathy Hamada of Stash in Walla Walla, WA) and my SS had the designer autograph it for me. Also, I really like the pattern and may have to add that one to my to make list. Last but not lease was some of my favorite candy; Gummy Bears and Lindor Truffles. Thank you again Audrey for the wonderful SS package.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]537300[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2015-secret-santa.jpg  

Last edited by Anoka Quilter; 12-06-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:51 PM

Finally the opening day arrived! I've been waiting with with baited breath for this opening. I am not part of the SS however I have enjoyed following this thread. Seeing the pictures was like looking at catalog pages. The fabric, patterns, rulers, candy, treats for pets. Magazines, boxes, tea, microwave bowl pad, pillowcases, and crocheted doily to name a few. Oh and the Sunbonnet Sues too............Lima beans, (I've not seen baby ones here), Best Press was seen too.....the thoughtfulness is overwhelming. I had fun thank you.......calla/Sue. Oh I ment to mention a pen with a light how clever, puzzles, and even a secret message........are the shelves from IKA assembled?

Last edited by calla; 12-06-2015 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Additional comments
Old 12-06-2015, 05:07 PM

This is my second try at posting. I will try to post photos but if I can't I want to let Betty Grooves know that I opened my SS box. Love everything you sent. There is so much there, if I can't send photos I will send a list.What is your screen name?
Old 12-06-2015, 05:17 PM

Will try tomorrow, I must be to tired, I found my photos just couldn't get them sent.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:20 PM

I've just arrived back home and couldn't wait to open my secret santa package. btiny36 sent me a package full of projects just waiting to be done! First, though, I saw a box of truffles and thought, "wow, truffles! How did she know!!", then remembered I probably wrote that somewhere. YAY, you checked!! She also sent me a tree ornament and a wall hanging. Bright fat quarters to help mix up my blender collection, threader clippers, fabric clips and a whole set of kitchen mats in the most peaceful colours ever. There is a panel that I just love with a note to check out a YouTube video on making an attic window with a panel which is definitely on my to-do list and it will be perfect with this panel. Finally, a super-specialty ruler along with some patterns to make with the ruler. Whew, I can hardly wait to get to playing with my new toys. First, hot chocolate and the truffles.....

Thank you, btiny36 (from Axel, too).

Last edited by b.zang; 12-06-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:40 PM

Thank you Quilty-Dragon for everything. Unable to post pictures right now. In process of moving and internet not turned on yet. Took me 5 minutes just to get on here.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:48 PM

Let's Quilt - Thank you for the 'stuffed box' of goodies. I received - lots of fabric, thread cutter, thread, patterns, magazines, bitty Buddy, notepad and quilted center piece. Sorry no pictures. I've been gone all day so I couldn't post sooner. Thank you again Let's Quilt.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:50 PM

I was so excited to open my box! I had an idea who it was from and I'm thrilled I was right. Jaba! I love her so much! It seems she took sincere thought in the items she sent. A beautiful Christmas table runner with a matching stocking and pot holders. I know they're partly hidden by all the other goodies. I was excited about the pincushion/thread catcher AND new pins (thank you!) - I know she saw from a post not my idea list. A Gutermann thread collection, quilting magazine, note pads with cheeta print(my granddaughters will LOVE. A SUPER CUTE bag in my favorite colors! BEAUTIFUL Batik fat quarters (not five bit TEN!) and a fun pink/red charm pack! Jaba also found my favorite candies AND a fun pig to add to my collection!

AND THEN......DRUM ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mentioned in my idea list that I had a desire to start a crazy quilt. Jaba ran with that idea and added ribbons and laces and buttons and beads(all so pretty I can't believe she parted with them) AND the most beautiful pieces of lace and beads (they came from a wedding dress!!!!!!!!!) I'm just stunned.

Miss Jaba, I know you've had some personal heart ache. But today you made me happy beyond words. Yours a truly amazing lady and I'm so blessed to have gotten you as my Santa. The thought and care you gave even as you prepared for a trip have amazed me. Thank you my friend. You are loved. <3
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 12-06-2015, 05:50 PM

What a great gift box I got from VickiM......instead of using paper all my gifts were wrapped in fabric! Lots of handmade items and all kinds of notions. I will post pictures tomorrow when this house calms down......hubby just home this afternoon after a week hunting......so much dirt, mud!
Wait till you see my photos tomorrow!
Thanks, Vicki, you sure stuffed that box.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:51 PM

so sorry I missed the grand opening, we were away till late this afternoon. anyway thank you carole..aka Chester the bunny.....I received great lovely fabric, xmas tea towels, a cool looking santa, quilt mag, small tote, pattern, more lovely fabric and the best chocolate (being Canadian myself guess I am bias). thanks again for the great package Carole