Fiesta ware Tent

Old 10-05-2015, 01:59 AM

Default Fiesta ware Tent

I was wondering how many people on here like Fiesta Ware? I've learned that they're having their fall tent sale out in Newell WV starting this Thursday Oct 8th. Since I'll be moving into my new apt next couple of weeks my friend and I are going to do a road trip. It's going to be a fun trip and I hope the weather holds up.

Last edited by Cheryl; 10-05-2015 at 02:17 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:50 AM

We had a curio/gift shop in Northern Arizona back in the late 50's, and we sold Fiesta Ware. One of my chores was to dust all of it and I hated the stuff. I have since learned to appreciate it tho, but not enough to have any
Old 10-05-2015, 04:27 AM

I haven't been to that sale in years but it is worth it if you like Fiesta Ware. Make sure to wear comfortable clothes & shoes--lots of standing around waiting in line for your turn to go in (if it's still run the same way it was). It's fun to meet others with the same interest and look out for the fanatics who will run you over for what they want. We had so much fun each time we went.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:12 AM

I love it and I love to go to the Fiesta outlet store in Canton Texas.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:03 AM

I just started selling Fiesta Ware in my store (here in Maine) this summer and have done quite well with it. Customers know it and like that it is made in the USA. Most mix up the colors and it's fun to watch people put pieces together. We try to arrange our displays in color combinations (cool, warm, coastal, etc.) but we are constantly rearranging them as pieces are moved around or purchased. It's a great line.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:17 AM

Love it. My only rule is that when using dishes each piece must be a different color. It looks great in my cabinet too. Wish I was closer (I am in FL).
Old 10-06-2015, 03:33 AM

Years ago I bought a sugar and creamer on a oblong plate it is dark blue it doesn't have any marks on the bottom but it sure looks like it's Fiesta ware . My friend that's going with me she has place settings. Howner we found out about the sales one year we were on our way to go camping and to visit a relative in Tn. We stopped for the night in Flatwoods WV and the next day we had went over to the little mall and they were set up there in a tent and they have an outlet store there too. You were right about crowded, and I was amazed of how much people bought. But had fun. So we said one year we are going to the one in Newell WV. We are leaving tomorrow morning and will be there in time to relax a bit.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:36 AM

I have lots and lots of Fiesta-service for about 16. It had belonged to my Mother-in-law. She loved it and I enjoyed it over the last 40 years. I have all the traditional colors and I always mismatch a place setting. We have moved in the last year and I am space challenged and I am thinking of selling it. It is hard to figure out what it is worth on today's market.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:45 AM

I've had my own tent sale. A friend gave me a bunch of Fiesta Ware (when I say a bunch, I do mean a bunch), I just didn't get into it. So the last 3 years I've put a lot into each garage sale I have had. The only reason I'm still getting rid of it is I have so much, I have even given a lot away. LOL
Old 10-06-2015, 03:50 AM

I love the way it looks. I have tons but have to constantly buy it... it chips too easily. Or maybe I am just too heavy handed with it? Anyone else have chipping problems?