Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group >

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Boom 16 - Group Therapy - 3 month group

Old 06-09-2016, 06:18 AM

No unnatural chemicals of any kind are ever used on my little piece of Earth. I know in the grand scheme my little acre isn't even a drop in the ocean, but it is what I have control over. I agree both toxic chemical use and our (as a society) monocrop abuse are deadly to our life web. The saying "you reap what you sow" will bite society in the butt.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:52 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551892[/ATTACH]
yea I can down load pic.
Here is Moonwork42029
Attached Thumbnails img_20160609_102229.jpg  
Old 06-09-2016, 09:55 AM

I will keep working on downloading photos a little at a time. Finding Drop Box from phone to computer is the way to go.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:21 PM

Last one!!! This is for Nelco - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551901[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boom-16-nelco.jpg  
Old 06-09-2016, 01:27 PM

So its been how long since I have had a chance to check up on all of you?May18!! Sorry I missed so much. Hope all is on the mend. Loving the "other" items you all are working on. And Kass - you best find a way to make those flowers into a quilt.
I am so amazed at the blocks I see. I don’t normally go for prints that everyone fussy cuts the same picture but that just isn’t the case here. Jaba and QuilterMomma your character fabric blocks are so different and match so well.
Katsdar and QuiltAddict – you have an awesome eye for fabric – wasn’t sure how it play out but they are some of the best combos in fabric and style. It was so much fun to see something in it and play with it.
Mona – was a bit nervous with your fabric as there are sooo many colors. But when I see what everyone did and added it really looks awesome.
Moonwork – what can I say – love the zebra and what everyone has done with it. I still can’t look at them without my head getting wacky again! But she will love it.
And thank you one and all. Thank you for checking with me about patterned material – your choices add so much to the dots. I can’t wait to put this together. I have leftover white dotted fabric I used with last Boom quilt that I can use for sashing on this one. Love love love each and every block.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:31 PM

Okay – so I love yard sales. Different parts of the country do it differently – and we just love to browse. We can’t do too much purchasing because something must go out if something comes in (for the most part). Anyway We stopped at one and I saw material. And UFO’s. Wasn’t impressed with most of the fabric – very thin. Then I saw the Grandmothers Flower Garden that is in the picture - 26 completed units. It is all hand sewn (Not EPP) and I got to talking to the owner. She didn’t think she would ever get them together but said if I promised to that I could have them. FREE!! OOOKKKKAAAYYY – I don’t hand sew, but I will try. Went onto GramE’s Inklingo to see if they had the right hexie pattern. I had some thin muslin which matched the weight of the fabric and printed out some hexies. Will take them with me on my trip to MD where I will watching 2yo GD for 10 days. And when I get back my mom is having her other shoulder totally replaced so I will be with her and can hand sew there. ….We shall see how this really works out 
Attached Thumbnails 20160609_164238_resized.jpg  
Old 06-09-2016, 02:30 PM

What a find! And how kind of the woman to give them to you gratis!. I hope you will post pix of your progress!
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Okay – so I love yard sales. Different parts of the country do it differently – and we just love to browse. We can’t do too much purchasing because something must go out if something comes in (for the most part). Anyway We stopped at one and I saw material. And UFO’s. Wasn’t impressed with most of the fabric – very thin. Then I saw the Grandmothers Flower Garden that is in the picture - 26 completed units. It is all hand sewn (Not EPP) and I got to talking to the owner. She didn’t think she would ever get them together but said if I promised to that I could have them. FREE!! OOOKKKKAAAYYY – I don’t hand sew, but I will try. Went onto GramE’s Inklingo to see if they had the right hexie pattern. I had some thin muslin which matched the weight of the fabric and printed out some hexies. Will take them with me on my trip to MD where I will watching 2yo GD for 10 days. And when I get back my mom is having her other shoulder totally replaced so I will be with her and can hand sew there. ….We shall see how this really works out 
Old 06-09-2016, 02:47 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551906[/ATTACH]

My last block for GramE
Attached Thumbnails grame.jpg  
Old 06-09-2016, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
TG thats awesome and they are so pretty.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:57 PM

Another great block, Jclinganrey!

I think I missed your block for GramE...do you happen to have a pic of it to email me or post again here? If not, I'll grab a pic when the blocks arrive. Thanks!
Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
Last one!!! This is for Nelco - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551901[/ATTACH]