Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 05-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janstar
Lace your kites are perfect and look so nice. Can't wait to see it all together. Are you doing the scalloped edges?
Yes, I plan to add the scallops, but I might add an inch or so between them and the tris, just to make it a bit bigger again. Something similar to 'Forget Me Not' in the book that came with the software. (Except I think the scallops need to be a bit more pronounced).
Old 05-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
My oh my, how beautiful is that. Tell your brother he has to show it and not keep it hidden or on his bed. That is a fabulous piece of art, you be proud of this Lesley.

Having seen you doing QAYG think I will have to start doing that, because when I get to the end (if ever) it will freak me out having to do it.

Like Esq says glad its not going to be shown anywhere near mine.

Elle
I plan to sleep under it Elle - but then I don't have a wall big enough really to hang it, whereas Clive does, though it is over a radiator, so I don't think even that is very suitable. What is everyone else planning to do with their Janes? I know that at one time, Klue said she was going to use hers as a picnic quilt.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Lace your kites are perfect and look so nice. Can't wait to see it all together. Are you doing the scalloped edges?
Yes, I plan to add the scallops, but I might add an inch or so between them and the tris, just to make it a bit bigger again. Something similar to 'Forget Me Not' in the book that came with the software. (Except I think the scallops need to be a bit more pronounced).
I love the Forget me not and I do agree, the scallops need to be more pronounced. I am looking at the on point version on the last page but plan to do the triīs
Elle
Old 05-16-2010, 12:14 PM

Well Lesley, I donīt have a wall big enough either, but hanging it over a radiator is not such a good idea, you have to educate him I think and tell him he canīt have the rad on LOL

I am going to put it in the guest room and then whip it off when they come and hide it LOL

Elle
Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Originally Posted by Lacelady
I love the Forget me not and I do agree, the scallops need to be more pronounced. I am looking at the on point version on the last page but plan to do the triīs
Elle
That would certainly save you having to do so many blocks, Elle, I just did a quick calculation and that one uses 180 blocks
Old 05-16-2010, 01:53 PM

Lesley, as punishment for finishing first you must recount all your blocks to find the missing bits, NO REALLY I am only joking. Your corners are brilliant, and I am so pleased to see your Irish bit. I am also thrilled for you that you have done so well. you must be a driven woman!! Well done!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

Sara, you really made me laugh. Tell you what, you can pop round and count them for me. Thanks for the lovely comments though.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Oh gosh....Lesley....your kites are wonderful!!! I'll have to go back and count pieces before I get too much further along. I love how you did the block with your siggy and all the info...do you mind if I copy that???

I can't wait to see your quilt all together...you've been such an inspiration all along...hope you don't leave us when you are done! I'd feel all abandoned :cry:

I don't know what I'll do with my quilt when finished..probably like all the other ones, it will stay under a comforter in the guest bedroom...taken out to admire occasionally...waiting for us to build a house with rooms to display them. Thats just too funny about leaving it in your will....hmmmm...wonder who will take mine?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh gosh....Lesley....your kites are wonderful!!! I'll have to go back and count pieces before I get too much further along. I love how you did the block with your siggy and all the info...do you mind if I copy that???

I can't wait to see your quilt all together...you've been such an inspiration all along...hope you don't leave us when you are done! I'd feel all abandoned :cry:

I don't know what I'll do with my quilt when finished..probably like all the other ones, it will stay under a comforter in the guest bedroom...taken out to admire occasionally...waiting for us to build a house with rooms to display them. Thats just too funny about leaving it in your will....hmmmm...wonder who will take mine?
Be my guest, Patti, its nice to be inspirational and I wouldn't dream of leaving you all, I want you all to get to this nice feeling I am having at the moment. I am so much happier at the thought of having to do this dress when the fabric arrives, now that I have finished the blocks.

As for who will have your Jane when the time comes for you to go to the great LQS in the sky, then put it in your will and make it official. If you don't have a family member in mind, you could always leave it to a museum or quilt collection so that the public can enjoy it. Or what about a charity, for fund raising? I would rather do that than think it might end up in a dumpster or yard sale because its worth wasn't recognised.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:44 PM

beautiful lesley

i plan on using mine on our bed