Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 11-15-2016, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I'm surprised no one made a block with the 'keep on truckin' guy... the little guy with his foot stretched forward. Total symbol of that era!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562113[/ATTACH]
I remember him!
Old 11-15-2016, 12:20 PM

Lisa is that site 12" or 12 1/2" blocks? It frustrates me about quilters cache because of their size sometimes being off. They have great patterns but its frustrating to have to make a "practice block" each time to see if its 12 or 12 1/2
Old 11-15-2016, 01:13 PM

Agreed joanelizbay, that is the catch to those patterns. I was sewing this am, had to take boss to airport early, and still with the accuquilt cuts, I have to be careful of being on the scant side of the stitch. Also, I noticed with my piecing, I am dropping the end edge. When I measured, I was to large on the outer edge and the inner was correct, yep, I dropped the outside edges when sewing. Found my boo boo. Glad I pay attention to Sue Collins and her lessons. I did finish three this am and have two more nearly done. All blocks are cut and hopefully my two simple ones will work. They are the last two to finish. I may tweak the blocks to add something different or an applique on top of them to give some drama to the block. I am sticking to two main blocks, Broken Dishes and Rose Bud. Love those HST with Accquilt, I don't have to trim them at all.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Lisa is that site 12" or 12 1/2" blocks? It frustrates me about quilters cache because of their size sometimes being off. They have great patterns but its frustrating to have to make a "practice block" each time to see if its 12 or 12 1/2
Quilters Cache has various sizes but it should be 12 finished and 12.5 unfinished. I always make a practice block if it's a new one to see how close of 1/4" I have to have.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:43 PM

Getting close now!

Bibliostone - confirmed in transit
Billi
Francie Yuhas
GramE
Ibex94
Jaba
Janice McC
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra
Libster
Ljdugas
Mollymunchkin
Moonrise
Moonwork42029
Muse&Sew
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Seasaw2mch
Terriamn

TravellingGramma
Old 11-16-2016, 12:51 PM

I'm getting close, but had to make 200 dinner rolls today for the youth group Thanksgiving dinner. I look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy! I'm making an adjustment on one block & thinking of remaking another. So mine are done, i'm just not ready to let go yet. About time for the last timer to go off then i'm down for a nap!
Old 11-16-2016, 01:57 PM

Finished up four more this am. I am hoping to mail by Friday at the latest. I need to figure out a way to cut the fabric I already cut to up do one of the blocks. Lots to think about there. Oh bother, I can't stand when I change my mind.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:54 PM

trying to play catch - up
Ladies - it is pronounced clam chowda - especially new England! We eat all seafood. Growing up near water it was free and thus on the table. I eat all types of clams any way I can.
As much as I would love to say I am not attached to the internet - I love this forum and the comraderies and miss it terribly when not near!
Biblistone - love both of my blocks - wow !! I just took a look at Janice's weekly page and can't even think of how I will be able to put all those blocks together - all are gorgeous - thank you
all these blocks that are coming out are so special - I have had to make notations of the patterns. love them.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:16 PM

Ibex-love the colors of the block and it looks nothing like the others - great job- slow and steady wins the race!

So the past two weekends we have had a huge turkey!! On the 5th we were in Massachusetts and they made a turkey. The next day I made turkey pies with granddaughters. yummy. The turkeys were on sale there so I picked up a 22 lb and brought it down to Eastern Shore of MD where I cooked it for family there on the 12th. Made a pot of soup up and it and leftovers were all divided amongst us. We are currently in VA - taking a breather - and will continue south tomorrow. we will be in FL for thanksgiving and will join with them for yet another turkey~
My GS couldn't get over that it will take us three weeks to get to FL! I informed him first we had to go north to visit them and then south east to visit another GD and then east for other family and south for friends on the way!! Taking it one day at a time. missing my sewing, but trying to write down all my ideas and 'plans' for my stash!!
nighty night and sweet dreams
Old 11-17-2016, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Ibex-love the colors of the block and it looks nothing like the others - great job- slow and steady wins the race!

So the past two weekends we have had a huge turkey!! On the 5th we were in Massachusetts and they made a turkey. The next day I made turkey pies with granddaughters. yummy. The turkeys were on sale there so I picked up a 22 lb and brought it down to Eastern Shore of MD where I cooked it for family there on the 12th. Made a pot of soup up and it and leftovers were all divided amongst us. We are currently in VA - taking a breather - and will continue south tomorrow. we will be in FL for thanksgiving and will join with them for yet another turkey~
My GS couldn't get over that it will take us three weeks to get to FL! I informed him first we had to go north to visit them and then south east to visit another GD and then east for other family and south for friends on the way!! Taking it one day at a time. missing my sewing, but trying to write down all my ideas and 'plans' for my stash!!
nighty night and sweet dreams
I love your leftover turkey ideas! One of the things I never learned to do was cook effectively. It doesn't help that no one in the family likes the same kind of foods that I do. So when I cook I have no idea if what I am making is going to be good or not. Will the meat be moist enough or not? I use recipes and am rarely happy with the results. Quilting is so much more satisfying for my soul, lol. But one cannot survive on quilting alone. Good thing my husband loves to cook!