2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-11-2018, 05:16 AM

Sounds like several individuals had fun going on trips and had fun this summer.

I went on a bus shop hop to Nebraska and visited the Quilt Museum in Lincoln Nebraska last weekend. We visited 5 LQS along the way. So needless to say I bought some fabric. I bought blue and off white fabric for a 9-patch king size quilt I plan to make this month. I bought matching material for a pink twin quilt for my sister. I bought winter f-quarters and matching white background for swapping white blocks. And 3 Row block Kits. The other 2 LQS did not participate this year. Most of my purchases were to finish up other projects. It was relaxing and fun.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Oh...I want to go to the QM in Lincoln as well! Glad you had a great trip!
Old 08-11-2018, 06:34 PM

Oksewglad: I love how your sister used your tiny quilt. Very creative.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Connie...just finished LA with a pantograph the quilt with 1" patchwork strips with white. Don't let anyone fool you...pantos are not easy peasy! Following a circular spiral on a sheet of white paper is not easy! But practice, practice...got photos tonight...will share later. FYI all fabrics from stash.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:39 AM

Uh oh, Happylab. Are you using your travel exemption?
Old 08-12-2018, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
Getting a 3-yr old UFO finished is a good reason to make that purchase. I forgive you, but I don't know about the other folks here.

I have to brag a bit... I'm still holding out... I haven't bought any fabric since last December, except that dumb mislabeled sheet from the thrift shop back in January!! And, I made dozens of baby quilts and crib sheets all from stash!!

I decided to stop trying to organize all these mixed up bins, boxes, stacks, etc. and instead just quilt and sew as fast as possible! Wish me luck, y'all!

Wow! Congratulations!!! And best of luck with the fast sewing and quilting- sounds like a lot more fun than organizing

Rob
Old 08-12-2018, 05:11 AM

That
Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
A stash buster project

All from stash!
love it!
Old 08-12-2018, 07:02 AM

I let a quilt leave my house without a picture. In my SIL's things was an unfinished baby quilt. Hand painted Pooh pictures with sashing and cornerstones finished at 1" - not my size work. Thank goodness, she had the layered sashings and cornerstones done, but not together. I finished it, added a border from my stash, quilted it and delivered to my brother yesterday at a family reunion. He remembers painting the pictures with his wife and figured by the dates it was for a granddaughter who just entered the Air Force. The blocks were dated 1998. He's on his way to California and will deliver it in Arizona on his way. What a keepsake that young lady will have! Fittingly, the fabrics were red, white and blue prints.
So a whole quilt out of my newly acquired stash and little out of my old stash. A win on two counts.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:29 PM

WELL! Last week I was on vacation, AND planned for my vacation exemption! There's a store in Minden, Nevada that's totally different from anything around here & MY KIND OF FABRIC! I spent $304 and no tax!

It was a quilting retreat so I finished 1 quilt and 4 quilt tops and 1 quilt back, ~ 25 yds fabric out of my stash. Also, my table mates were fantastic. And met other people to request for next years tables. Super retreat. If anyone's interested it's the artist retreats at Zephyr Point Presbyterian Camp at Lake Tahoe, Nevada. There's 3/yr and still 1 this year in September. Price includes housing and food. I'm having trouble getting pix from camera to computer, so I'll post soon.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

Here's the quilt I mentioned earlier...more information in this thread.

My first panto quilt..not as easy as it seems!

I sewed 1 1/2" strips in a long strip to equal +72"...made 8 of them. Then folded a 2 yard length of white fabric in half selvage to selvage and cut the selvages off. Then made 9 cuts parallel to the selvage in varying widths starting at 2 1/2". Then sewed the pieced strips to the white to create the quilt. All fabric was from my stash, as was the backing pieces. Will use a bright yellow that's in the pieced backing for the binding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599520[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn0562.jpg