Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31*** >

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Old 05-28-2018, 03:41 PM

Welcome ! I am married 44 years and am retired 3 years now. Have 3 children and 8 grandchildren. I have been in this swap for all but 2,and i love it,everyone is so wonderful and yes the Hostess Janice is so helpful and does a great job.You will be hooked after your first boom! Can't wait to get started!
Old 05-28-2018, 04:17 PM

Welcome!! I'm in my first year of retirement. Retired teacher, mostly 2nd & 3rd grade. This is my 2nd Boom and I'm learning a lot from all these wonderful people. Married 30 yrs. One daughter, married 1 yr. I've been quilting about 5 years and I'm hooked!! Love it. I'm very involved with Quilts for Kids. We make quilts for our local kids in hospitals and hospice. Have fun, relax and enjoy the wonderful people on this Quilting Board.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:17 PM

Hi, I have been quilting for about 30 years, I started sewing clothing before that, but don't do much clothing anymore except the ties I make for my husband. We have been married for 26 years, have no children, but lots of nieces and nephews. In addition to quilting I also garden and raise chickens. As you can see from my signature on my posts I am a huge Doctor Who fan. I am a way outside the box kinda quilter there is not much I wont try or not many "rules" I won't bend. I especially love to play w/ fussy cutting, geometrics and stripes.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:43 PM

Ive been quilting for about 25 years ..watching my grandma quilt since I was 10 though.. Ive been in booms since #5 I think it was. Im a mother of 2, grandmother of 7, great grandma of 5. Still working but hopefully not more than another 2-3 years. Ive learned so much from this wonderful group of friends..you will find us crazy sometimes, caring always, helpful always...FUN all the time!!
Old 05-28-2018, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

I'm sewbizgirl... and have been sewing most all my life. Most of my jobs have been sewing jobs. I use to say 'it's my only marketable skill!'

Started quilting for real about 12 years ago when a friend was diagnosed with an aggressive breast cancer and I wanted to support her with a quilt for chemo. She's still alive! And I got bit hard by the quilting bug. Have not looked back since.

I've done these boom swaps since Boom 18, so I'm a relative newbie, too. But I love this swap. I think it's the most fun I've had on the board! And I'm hooked. I quilt for charity quite a bit, and have been using my boom blocks to make some beautiful lap quilts for hospital patients.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:03 PM

Hello! I'm also a relative newbie, Boom 19 was my first and I'm totally hooked on the quilting, but more the wonderful people! My hubby and I just had our 27th anniversary, I have two grown up (mostly!) sons and am a high school math teacher. I love to travel, garden and of course quilt! I learned to sew as a little girl and have dabbled with making quilts for 25 years or so, but just got serious (and took a class) a year ago.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:39 AM

Hubby and I have been married for 28 years, I have 3 dd’s And 1 ds. All but 1 of the kids live out of state. We have 5 grandchildren and one well loved old dog. Have been quilting about 20 years and mostly make charity quilts for Wrap A Smile and Quilts Beyond Borders. In my 3 rd year of retirement and loving every minute of it, as for booms I have been participating quite a few years but couldn’t tell you what year I started. Well maybe I could look at all my blocks sitting there waiting to be sewn together and figure it out but that might be depressing. Love the booms, our wonderful host and all the great ladies who participate. They are “ family”.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:57 AM

Good morning, my name is crystal and i am new to quilting board, but not quilting. I’ve done a couple swaps, but not quite like this, so im excited.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:16 AM

Welcome Crystal, hope you and the other newbies tell us a little about yourselves
Old 05-29-2018, 05:52 AM

Welcome to the board and to the booms. My father's (and latest step mother's) families are all from Maine.
Originally Posted by coullmills View Post
Good morning, my name is crystal and i am new to quilting board, but not quilting. I’ve done a couple swaps, but not quite like this, so im excited.
Oh and I forgot, the boom swap format is the absolute best in my opinion. Making 12 - 20 of the same block w/ the same or similar fabric (which I have done in other swaps) is near torture for me. lol

Last edited by Kassaundra; 05-29-2018 at 05:54 AM.