Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever lost a diamond? >

Have you ever lost a diamond?

Have you ever lost a diamond?

Old 10-18-2018, 08:45 AM

I must be the odd one out here. I don't care for diamonds, I prefer Silver jewelry.

I do hope you find a solution to replace the lost stone.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:17 PM

Leonf: Your reply to my question on ever losing a diamond was the best laugh I had all day. I hope I'm not ruining your day by admitting that.

I have made up my mind to get to a jewelry store this weekend, if I can, and talk to them about a price to replace the diamond and repair the prongs. (Maybe your diamond that got away will return some day)!
Old 10-18-2018, 07:20 PM
Power Poster

I just remembered something. Years ago when I had my diamond in a tiffany mount- it was 6 prongs in 18 ct white gold. I broke several prongs a couple of times so I had the diamond reset in a bezel set. No problems since then.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:40 AM
CR

Yes, my granddaughter spilled some juice; after mopping it up and dumping the water down the commode, my son-in-law ask me what happed to my diamond, I thought he was teasing. We I looked it was gone so I figured I had flushed it. I filed a claim with my insurance and they replaced it.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:39 AM

My ex-husband took (stole) mine back, after we were divorced. He had come in the house while I was working, to pick up our son. I didn't even know it was gone for months, as I kept the ring in a jewelry box.
Strong denials don't work well in the real world.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:57 PM

I lost one of the small diamonds from my setting & placed it on my ring tree 'til I could get it to the jeweler, but before I could all but 2 of my rings were stolen. I got my grandmothers ring back, but because the stone was missing on my wedding ring set the pawnbroker, the crooks took it to, had the setting melted down & the stones reset & sold.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

check your prongs yourself. shake the ring, if you hear the stones rattling, they are loose. run your finger, stocking,or fine fabric over the prongs, if it catches, it's loose. I ck. mine everyday. I sold jewelry for years, and that was one thing I knew my customers understood to ck on them. Never lost anything, but I was robbed about 9 years ago. all my jewelry is custom made, so lost some very nice, heavy pieces. insurance covered a little bit. you need a rider on your insurance for the item. you need an appraisal or a receipt
Old 10-20-2018, 11:47 PM

The worst feeling, right? I lost a small diamond ring that my husband had given me. I had been to the jewelry store in the mall (the only store I went in). I noticed it was missing when I hit home; went back to the shop the next day to see if it had come off in there. No luck. So I spent several days thinking it was just gone then one day my husband shouted out that he had found it in the bathroom rug!! He had gotten down on the floor to change the kitty litter and put his hand on it. Your diamond may not be where you think it is!! Good luck♥️
Old 10-21-2018, 03:49 AM

I lost the diamond in the bathroom of the Pierre Hotel in NYC at a fancy, fancy wedding! I heard it drop. The woman's room was filled with women, everyone, dressed in beautiful long gowns. They all started looking for it. It was not to be found. I gave up. An hour later a woman came to me with my diamond. She had gone into the bathroom in her gorgeous gown. She took a wet paper towel and went over the floor, found the diamond and brought it to me at the formal dinner! What a woman! I'm still in shock years later that she did that for me.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:03 AM

On my right hand ring finger are 2 gold wedding bands. Not identical. One is Grandmothers and the other is Mothers. I’d be more upset if I lost those than my wedding ring !