Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever lost a diamond? >

Have you ever lost a diamond?

Have you ever lost a diamond?

Old 10-16-2018, 05:12 AM

didn't lose ring but lost a diamond erring when a dog tried to jump fence and I ran. Sam's club helped me replacewith program they have that if you turn in other one you can apply toward another pair.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:13 AM

I once purchased an emerald/diamond ring from JC Penneys...before i got it home the emerald fell out!! Thank heaven I had left it in the box instead of wearing it when purchased. Took it right back to the store and got a refund immediately!
Old 10-16-2018, 06:20 AM

yes, lost my pearl wedding ring out on the farm carrying wood from the wood shed to the house, and sauna. retraced my steps never found. I had put it in my jacket pocket thinking it would be safe. haha. Every now and then we look for it. DH said we could get a new one. So when he placed it on my finger he said the vows all over again. That was so touching. Sorry for your pain.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:46 AM

Had a family member lose a class ring in the boundary wateres between USA and Candad. They'd been canoeing. No way to trace their steps.

4 years later his high school called. Someone else had found it and tracked him down from the info on the ring. He was delighted to get it back.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:51 AM

I lost a baguette from my first engagement ring but it had a warranty and was replaced by the store. I have also lost diamonds from earrings that I never found again and didn’t have replaced. A piece opal set on some sort of backing fell out of a beautiful necklace once. I was heartbroken that it was lost but found the piece when cleaning the bathroom counter. I didn’t immediately recognize it because it was upside down. My most heartbreaking loss of jewelry, though, was a jade dolphin charm for a necklace. I participated in an outdoor survival class and when I returned to our office after, the chain was hanging open around my neck. That one was a gift from my mother and I wore it constantly. I hope you find an economical solution for replacing your diamond!
Old 10-16-2018, 11:04 AM

I was at a class at the Houston Quilt Festival and the teacher had some hand lotion we could try. I took off my wedding rings and a blue opal ring and put them in my pocket so I wouldn't get lotion on them. I tried the lotion and then went back to working on the project. On the way to lunch I put my hand in my pocket to get my rings and put them back on and discovered that there was a hole in the pocket. My engagement and opal rings had fallen out. I still had my wedding ring. The room of course was locked for the lunch period. I searched all along the path I took going to the luncheon but couldn't find them. When class resumed, I asked if anyone had found them but all said no. I went up and down the hallway into each class, asking the same question. No rings. I checked with security and lost and found for several years hoping someone would turn them in - no luck.
What made it worse, the opal was the last ring my husband gave to me before he died and the engagement ring - well, it was my engagement ring.
I keep hoping that some day the person who found them will turn them into security at the show. Maybe they will read this and do so - I still mourn the lost of those rings. I will check security at the show again this year and see.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

I lost mine for about an hour - we were packing up to leave son's house and I thought I had rings, hearing aids, earrings, all together - except when I scooped up some trash I also scooped up my rings. Oy. Panic. We tore apart the bedding, hands and knees, etc. Then as a last try I said I threw a bag away, so went downstairs and opened bag and there amongst the trash were the rings, total relief!!
Old 10-16-2018, 12:01 PM

Yes, I lost my big diamond in my wedding ring soon after getting married. Hooked it on a shopping cart as I was putting my items on the conveyor belt to be checked out. I looked down and there it was-my lucky day. Had it remounted and now have the prongs checked every once in awhile. Now after 48 years still good as new and still the same husband!!
Old 10-16-2018, 02:00 PM

My neighbor said she never took off her wedding ring - until last February 13th. Then the house burned down. An old beautifully restored farm house with two grand pianos. The next few days her son was digging through the ashes and found his dad's wallet and some other rings that had been on the ring-holder above the kitchen sink, but no wedding ring.
They moved into their new house last month and her husband bought her a new ring.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:44 PM

I have lost diamonds but not in rings. I have a diamond bracelet with a lot of diamonds in it. I wear it all the time. Twice a diamond fell out. When my husband bought it he also bought the insurance that was offered so all repairs are free for life. The first time a diamond fell out they said they checked the others but now I am without a stone again. I have to take it back in and get it fixed but haven't done that yet. I've also lost diamonds out of a pin and earing. Those I had replaced. For my diamond rings we carry a rider on our home owners insurance policy to cover those. It's such a sick feeling when you see that you've lost it. I lost an amber bracelet that my daughter brought back from Poland. It was a little large on me and I think it must have come off when I was taking off my coat or wiping my hands after washing them. I still grieve over that and it was some years ago. We do get attached to things don't we?