2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-31-2019, 09:05 AM

Lots of progress, Grannof6! Each complete jelly roll translates to 100” of fabric, so with your 3, you used 300 inches! That’s 8 1/3 yards to add to the other amount, so more than 20 yards out of your stash. Good job.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:26 AM

Thanks, Conchalea, I wasn't figuring it that way, but glad to know I am actually making headway. So many more projects lined up, but the stack of artbins has shrunk. I have another Craftsy Quilt kit to put on the longarm, but that will have to wait till tomorrow or the weekend. I can't bind and run the longarm at the same time, on different levels of the house.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by SillySusan View Post
I have bought and sold many houses in my lifetime and every single time there had been a snag of some sort. It always happens... something easy like a lawyer called out of town and causing a delay in closing, to termite damage disclosed and the seller refusing to repair, to what you, Teen, that had happened. The biggest one for me was when I was selling my house and the buyer was trying to change the zoning on it. The town 'fathers' wouldn't agree to change it and the buyer backed out and he had a contingency to the contract could backed out of the deal without the loss of escrow. Lawyers were involved on all sides! Yikes! What grief that caused! Things happen all the time, cause much angst, but they always end up for the better. Just wait, you'll see.
Thanks for the encouragement, Susan... God's all over this so we are good...plus, we received the check for their deposit yesterday. It will pay for moving company fees so DH feels better. Lol...

LindaJane....those are all beautiful blocks. You've certainly been busy...
Old 01-31-2019, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

Lovely colors, LindaJane...this Polar Vortex has an upside!

Just walked to the mail box...the snow on the drive is like styrofoam...crunchy and slippery. The dogs behaved themselves and didn't knock me down.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
Skipastitch, don’t look at it as failure. It’s only a slip off the wagon & here’s a hand to help you back up. In the past, would you have bought more than just a single layer cake? If so, congratulate yourself on new-found restraint.
Thanks for the hand! I am back on the wagon!!
Now to continue to finish UFO's.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:10 PM

Well, 3 more yards used in a gift for a great nephew’s first birthday. His mother mentioned play mats so I searched for DIY play mats on the web but didn’t find anything I wanted to make. Then I found fabric in my stash that has roads, vehicles of all sort, etc. I put another fun cotton on the back. I stitched along some of the roads and then felt it needed more to secure it to the batting and back, so I used the car stitch on my machine and plopped them all around. They aren’t very visible but that’s ok. Now he can play with his toys on it, learn his colors, and some words for items when he gets a little older. I made him a book from a panel and it had a truck to stuff.

Second picture is a Grandma baby shower gift which used 4 yards.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607686[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]607687[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2379a65a-51b1-4ee0-9243-e8519f56af55.jpeg   1e99007f-c41b-4afe-ae1a-5c674bf4ae83.jpeg  
Old 01-31-2019, 06:00 PM

I must do better. I needed to try to find more of a particular neutral to finish a UFO. I did not find it yet. But when I grabbed the tub that holds the neutrals, I could hardly lift it. I have way too much.

On the bright side, I found about 4 yards that went into the Goodwill bag. Just didn't have the right feel for me.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

Connie...lucky you to have just the right fabric in your stash!

Battle Axe hope you found the right neutral for your UFO.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:14 PM

Retired....lovely gifts for baby... That road fabric is way cool and so engaging for the little one. Such a simple and quick project that will be loved and used over and over until it is threadbare. Perfect!!

Went to LQS to buy backing...went in, chose backing fabric, and....as I was walking to checkout...grabbed 2 white FQ's to finish up a pillow. Though my eyes did stray...nothing else did.

Last edited by Teen; 01-31-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:11 AM

Well, February 1st. I'm hoping for a better February. Need to tally up the yards purchased in January and write it down in my little notebook. Waiting for the last Lego fabric to arrive to start on little mans quilt. I showed him my stack of Lego fabric. He was excited. Cute guy. I picked out a simple pattern from Pinterest with big blocks.