Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
The Chanterelles are Here!!!! >

The Chanterelles are Here!!!!

The Chanterelles are Here!!!!

Old 01-01-2019, 08:01 AM

Default The Chanterelles are Here!!!!

Like big, giant, orange hands reaching up through the earth, the Chanterelles are now coming on in our area. They're so thick and meaty and the taste is incredible. I went out in the woods with the dogs and came home with a big shopping bag full of these wonderful mushrooms. Not to be outdone, my DH went out a couple of days later and came home with even more of them. I've got to think fast as what to make with them. I've already done a Chanterelle lasagna...delicious...and an Asian Mushroom soup...yummy...and a delicate mushroom omlett...sublime. Now what? Please share your wild mushroom recipes.

Thanks!

~ C
Old 01-01-2019, 08:09 AM

Oh...did I forget to mention that I also have some white wine that was given to me as Christmas gifts? Wine and Chanterelles, what a match made in heaven. Now to just make it WW friendly....hummmm.

~ C
Old 01-01-2019, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

​I would think you could look up shataki mushroom recipes and use them?
Old 01-01-2019, 04:42 PM

Tropit, you are so lucky to have access to them. They are expensive when I do see them here in Maine...usually in the fall. They are delightful.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:50 AM

tropit, can you slice and dry them for later use. I have dried the baby portabella ones with great success.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

I wouldn’t dare eat wild mushrooms, as I don’t know which are safe and which are poisonous.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:40 AM

I have never had a chanterelle mushroom. This is our favorite way to eat morel mushrooms. https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe...m-sauce-326496 The recipe calls for dried mushrooms. I just saute the fresh ones a little bit and add the wine and cook it down a little bit. I have made it with lots of other mushrooms. We also mushroom hunt. This is good over chicken and fish also. I thin it out a little bit and put it over pasta or zoodles.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I wouldn’t dare eat wild mushrooms, as I don’t know which are safe and which are poisonous.
Sewbizgirl, I am from AR, and have always been cautioned not to eat wild mushrooms because some of the varieties that grow here are so similar in appearance, but some of them are deadly. I just buy canned or fresh mushrooms from the stores.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:43 AM

My brother is a mushroom fanatic. He is considering raising them as a small retirement project/business. But when I related your story to him he was full of ideas to use all of your mushrooms. He was appropriately envious and suggested drying them, pickling them, but mostly just enjoying the special and elegant treat that you have at your finger tips.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:07 AM

I would also dry them for later use.