Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Ruler Storage Option? >

Ruler Storage Option?

Ruler Storage Option?

Old 07-07-2019, 01:50 PM

Default Ruler Storage Option?

Going to try this again... an office supply solution that works great in my sewing room to store my rulers!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]614592[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cbb7fa17-d925-4476-9fe2-74ada7730c0e.jpeg  
Old 07-07-2019, 02:07 PM

Here is your photo rotated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614593[/ATTACH]

Clever storage idea! Love being organized.

I use a mesh file holder. Each ruler is in a plastic notebook file pocket that zips. Most rulers except the larger fit in the pocket. Someday I will get them labeled.
Attached Thumbnails ruler-storage.jpeg  
Old 07-07-2019, 02:16 PM

Rhonda, thank you... i was not aware that my photo was not oriented correctly! Wonder why it looks normal to me but not to you (and maybe not anyone else either)??? Sorry, newbie here - thought when i posted i was looking at what-you-see-is-what-you-get... interesting. Do you have any advice for me?
Old 07-07-2019, 03:04 PM

Hi April,

No worries at all. Pictures are always appreciated no matter the direction.

It has something to do with settings on the device used and perhaps the position of the home button when you take the photo. I just opened your photo in Paint and rotated it, cropped a little and re-saved to post here.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:53 PM

You are a Sweetheart, Rhonda - thank you so much for getting me going the right direction! I will have to see what i can learn from my error. I very much appreciate your help! 😊 As i said i am a newbie here just learning the ropes. Sometimes i am more successful than others, but it isnt for lack of trying!

This board has such a wealth of good information! And a lot of very nice and helpful people... thank you for being one of them!

But i digress... your method of storing rulers sounds great too! You mentioned wanting to label them - you must have quite a collection! I have been quilting/teaching for 25+ years... i am always amazed that a person never seems to have the “right” ruler for those new projects - no wonder we have so many to keep track of!
Old 07-07-2019, 04:07 PM

Thank you!

Welcome to the boards. Everyone is new at some time. I'm hanging my head like a lost puppy with all the rulers comment. Another one came home last week and I was tempted to buy two more this weekend. LOL!

I keep a list of rulers, embroidery threads, accu-quilt dies and machine feet on the ipad to prevent buying duplicates.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:15 PM

Just means I have to go and look up some of my old office supplies. Thanks for the quick piece of good information.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

I use a wooden plate rack from IKea. One of those things with “fingers” to separate the sections.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:56 PM

I don't have a lot of rulers, 3 main long ones I use, plus some triangles & a 2.5" square. My big ones either hang from command hooks on my cutting table or I lean them against furniture while they're in use. The triangles are in the plastic bags they came in & the little square floats around & hides often!
Old 07-08-2019, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by AprilM View Post
Rhonda, thank you... i was not aware that my photo was not oriented correctly! Wonder why it looks normal to me but not to you (and maybe not anyone else either)??? Sorry, newbie here - thought when i posted i was looking at what-you-see-is-what-you-get... interesting. Do you have any advice for me?

Mine was sideways but I thought it was me! Great idea.