Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 08-29-2019, 03:40 PM

Thank you Libster, it's perfect. Now get on that big boy quilt and I want to see a pic. Poor Axel, just waiting and waiting
Janice, enjoy your long weekend. Have fun and enjoy, we'll be just fine and survive until next Tuesday.....
Old 08-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

Pretty blocks, Libster! And congrats on finishing two groups so fast.

Remember we want to see Axel's quilt when you are done.
Old 08-29-2019, 04:42 PM

Janet enjoy your few days of vacation.

Terrible winds here today but it’s supposed to be much better for the holiday weekend. So sad to see summer coming to an end but love the brisk fall air and all the beautiful colors.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Pretty blocks, Libster! And congrats on finishing two groups so fast.

Remember we want to see Axel's quilt when you are done.

I will take a pic as soon as I finish it. I'm doing it QAYG. (Thank you for perfect instructions!) One row is already joined and all the blocks have been quilted. I'm using my green and black blocks from the last Boom. This is the fifth quilt I've started for him. The first one was a finished top when they saw it. They wanted something different to match his newly painted room, dragons. After finding patterns and making ten blocks, they redid his room- wanted cars this time. I gathered car patterns and started appliquing them. They moved him into the smaller bedroom because he's got a new baby sister and they moved the girls into his room. Change of decor again. Now they're selling the house and moving into a bigger house.
I'm making him a big boy quilt and calling it quits. Poor guy is the only great-grand without his quilt yet. When it's finished, I'm mailing it to him and breathing a huge sigh of relief! After this I will never ask again what someone would like. I'll make them what I want to make for them.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I will take a pic as soon as I finish it. I'm doing it QAYG. (Thank you for perfect instructions!) One row is already joined and all the blocks have been quilted. I'm using my green and black blocks from the last Boom. This is the fifth quilt I've started for him. The first one was a finished top when they saw it. They wanted something different to match his newly painted room, dragons. After finding patterns and making ten blocks, they redid his room- wanted cars this time. I gathered car patterns and started appliquing them. They moved him into the smaller bedroom because he's got a new baby sister and they moved the girls into his room. Change of decor again. Now they're selling the house and moving into a bigger house.
I'm making him a big boy quilt and calling it quits. Poor guy is the only great-grand without his quilt yet. When it's finished, I'm mailing it to him and breathing a huge sigh of relief! After this I will never ask again what someone would like. I'll make them what I want to make for them.
Wow, you are so patient with your family. Definitely don't "quilt to order" anymore. Your grandson probably would have loved any one of those nice quilts you started. Bless you!
Old 08-29-2019, 06:18 PM

I agree! I’m knee deep into a quilt using a homespun fabric made in a small village somewhere across the globe and boy is this stuff stretchy! Trying to accommodate my son’s desire for authentic indigo hand dyed fabric is kicking my butt.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I agree! I’m knee deep into a quilt using a homespun fabric made in a small village somewhere across the globe and boy is this stuff stretchy! Trying to accommodate my son’s desire for authentic indigo hand dyed fabric is kicking my butt.

Yeah, Pam, the things we do for family, right??!!!!!! It only took me 75 years to wise up. LOL
Old 08-30-2019, 04:34 AM

And this is why I don't bother myself with the headache of decor! My girls bedroom is simple but not all matchy-matchy. They have pretty butterfly curtains and all the quilts they want, but no matching decor nonsense.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:53 AM

Libster, thank you for my block. It's perfect! I love it. Exactly what I was looking for.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:06 AM

I just finished my last 2 blocks. Hurray!! I am so glad. I just went back over them and put my label on each baggie. I am not sending them off just yet since there is plenty of time to do that and with the holiday weekend I don't want then held up some where in the mail system. Here are my last to blocks for smglover207 and Libster. Please keep in mind mo photos are not all that accurate or colors but they are right in real life!

Now it is back to the quilt I was working on before these beautiful fabrics found their way into my sewing studio.
Attached Thumbnails smglover207.jpg   libster.jpg