Pony Club Thread 3

Old 05-26-2021, 06:12 AM

I guess I got busy this last month. I'm so sorry guys that I haven't been dropping by here as much as I should. I am still working on sewing machines. I am also planing a trip to Denver as that is where #2DSon is getting married on the 6th of June. The only sewing I have done is to sew w/my customer's machines. Our garden is looking great. We went w/raised beds this year.
Old 05-26-2021, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on your son's wedding coming up, Bev. Safe travels and enjoy it!

Old 05-27-2021, 04:33 AM

That is exciting news , Bev. Enjoy Denver, it has grown into an awful mess of cars to travel into...be safe. No 2 daughter got married there fourteen years ago and divorced this year. They moved to Lincoln, NE after their first year of marriage for him a better job. That made them closer to us and that was nice.
Old 05-27-2021, 04:53 PM

I am getting excited about the wedding. We are having the rehearsal dinner catered. It's gonna be a Taco/burrito bar. THey are supplying the plates & glasses.

I took DM to San Angelo & she had back surgery. She had a minimally invasive procedure. She was tired but outta pain. I am so relieved.
Old 05-27-2021, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

Glad that back surgery worked for your mother, Bev! What a blessing to be out of pain.

Is this your son who is getting married?

QNS, sorry to hear your daughter got divorced. Any chance she will live closer to you now?
Old 05-28-2021, 08:50 AM

Yes it is. The wedding is the 6th of June. I don't think he knows that it is D-Day.
DM had her back surgery yesterday. She is home & doing well. I went & checked on her this morning.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:00 AM

SBG, we raised our children to be independent thinkers, and they are, sometimes too much so. As we age we miss them more and more. But each is living their own lives, their way and seem to be happy. No, we do not expect any of them to move closer, but it might be nice if they did. We are blessed with good neighbors and good friends that come to our aid when needed. Guess we are very independent too.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:40 AM

It never occurred to me that my DSonIL would apply for a job here in Brady nor that he would get it. I do love that they moved here. They do have very busy lives here but it is nice that they are close. Then for my DM to move here also! Wow. I am so glad.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:39 AM

I pulled out one of my 221's last week and decided to make a bunch of quilt blocks for a swap using this machine. It does such a great job! I don't always use a FW when doing the majority of my sewing so this is a nice treat for me to do this.
Old 05-31-2021, 10:34 AM

OH Julia, ya make me want to pull out my FW. I guess it'll be a while before I get around to it.