Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 11-04-2020, 09:24 AM

Where does the time go? Thanks for the reminder Janice!
Old 11-04-2020, 09:33 AM

Good question. This year is both the slowest and the fastest of my life!
Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
Where does the time go? Thanks for the reminder Janice!
Old 11-04-2020, 12:44 PM

Just a little post-election delight... I took a lead from Julia in the Flurry Boomers and dusted off my Hunter's Star so here are my beauties from your lovely fabrics, Bugaroo, Macybaby, and Klaws.
Attached Thumbnails bugaroo-hunters-star.jpg   macybaby-hunters-star.jpg   klaws-hunters-star.jpg  
Old 11-04-2020, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Pretty blocks, Ibex.
Old 11-04-2020, 04:32 PM

Sewbiz, you are so sweet! Those Hunter's Stars are in my piecing comfort zone. I still am trying to get my Double Stars to get more comfortable for me to do. It seems to be a pretty one when color requests are limited. I'm learning. Thank goodness the BOOMers love experimenters!
Old 11-05-2020, 06:46 AM

My first Hunter's Star. Thank you so much Ibex. I love it!

Old 11-05-2020, 01:13 PM

Here are the remaining two blocks for Macybaby from Mobile.

We’re getting close now!
Attached Thumbnails 35895676-70e2-4e7e-9a4d-b89ab37e62b8.jpeg   aa000734-0d45-4894-9e98-9c79b5176cfd.jpeg  
Old 11-06-2020, 05:35 AM

Default Boom Biz

Good morning, Pumpkins! I've spent a little time getting organized and so here's a list of where we are with the blocks. I have received packages from those with their names in bold print. How is everyone else doing? Blocks are due on Thursday, November 12.

Bugaroo
Hav4boys

Ibex94
Jaba
JayneW*
Libster
Klaws

Macybaby
mjpEncinitas - confirmed in transit
Mobile
Sewbizgirl

Terriamn*
Old 11-06-2020, 06:25 AM

Will be finishing my last 2 blocks today. Will mail tomorrow

Ibex your Hunter Stars are beautiful, I am to afraid to even try to make them
Old 11-06-2020, 08:25 AM

Hi Janice and all. My goal is to finish the rest of my blocks today so they can be mailed tomorrow. I will post pictures of the remaining blocks after they are all packaged up. If they don't go out tomorrow, I will overnight them on Monday. You will have them in hand by the deadline!

Thank you Klaws and Terriamn. I used the Go Cutter so the piecing was wonderfully easy. Today I have a couple oopsies to fix and some paper piecing to do. Thankfully, no obligations on my plate besides getting to piece peacefully! If the grandkids swing by later this afternoon, that will give me a break from my projects and let my older grandaughter try to wrap up her doll crib flimsy. This has just been a quilting house whenever I am not travelling for these last two months. Next week start more journeys to Louisiana and Texas and back again. Sigh. Some for work. Some for family. I am thankful I still have the health and job to let me do these trips.

And I am so thankful for my Boom Quilting Buddies!! You have saved me from my doom and gloom thoughts that have been piling up in this crazy year. Distraction and creativity was exactly what I needed to start functioning more normally again. Thank you all! And I am reminding myself that no matter who becomes our president, we will survive. Our States may have to take the lead for the projects we consider more important than whatever our politicians in DC have to focus on, but we can get our State legislatures to act if we really want them to. Don't ever doubt the voices of quilters who have figured out how to manipulate fabric cut on the bias! Quilty hugs to all of you. Back to the sewing machine I go.