Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 10-30-2020, 04:09 PM

Hi ya'll. This is my third attempt to post. Clumsiness keeps taking over the fingers and zip...a blank post. Oh well. Want to thank each one of you for the beautiful blocks: Bugaroo, Have 4 boys, Ibex94, Jayne W, Libster, Klaws, MacyBaby, mjpEncinatas, Sewbiz, and Terriamn. They are going to be so pretty in person. So much creativity. I mailed the blocks today and when I returned home...discovered 4 blocks were left. So went back to the p.o. to get them out before the weekend. Does anyone else do crazy stuff like that? Geeeze. Then I continued to try to get cell phone photos to this board...but phone would only send to an email addy. So, once again, I'm asking Janice to post them for me. Does anyone have a chromebook? That may be the reason for the issue. Other than this obvious techy challenged soul. Hope everyone has a pleasant Halloween. Signing off. Mobile. Ps. Is there any update on Jaba?
Old 10-30-2020, 08:18 PM
Power Poster

Glad you were able to post, Mobile. I hope Janice will be able to post your pictures. Would love to see your blocks! Congrats on finishing them.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:48 AM

Good morning, Pumpkins!

Mobile, I received all the pictures of the blocks. I will work on getting them posted for you over the weekend. You are definitely not the only technically challenged individual so no worries. I've posted pix before for other folks and they eventually learned how to do it themselves. As for the chromebook, I'm absolutely no help there. Sorry.

It's windy here today but bright and sunny. We've already had our weekly trip to the grocery store this morning. DH is downstairs right now making mango salsa for our lunch of Mahi Mahi. Rough, huh, me "having" to sit by as he makes a fine meal. Ah...well I should say this isn't a one off. He really enjoys cooking and does a great deal of it, even when I'm up to par. This last PT session set me back a few days and I'm sore as can be. He just keeps stepping up. What a keeper he is!

Have a good weekend and enjoy Halloween if that's your thing. I'm kind of a humbug about it since I don't have little kids who participate anymore. Maybe when Charlie is a little older I'll pick up the spirit again.

edited to add: I've not had an update on Jaba but I have a card going out to her today. Hope to hear a little something after that. I just hope she's getting better daily and will get back to us when she can.

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-31-2020 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:48 PM

Posting pix for Mobile. Here are the first five. One for terriamn, two for sewbizgirl and two for libster.
Attached Thumbnails p-mobile-terria.jpg   p-mobile-sewbizgirl-1.jpg   p-mobile-sbg-2.jpg   p-mobile-libs-2.jpg   p-mobile-libs-1.jpg  

Old 10-31-2020, 12:52 PM

And the next five. Two for Jaba, one for JayneW and two for Klaws. Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails p-mobile-jaba-1.jpg   p-mobile-jaba-2.jpg   p-mobile-jayne.jpg   p-mobile-klaws-1.jpg   p-mobile-klaws-2.jpg  

Old 10-31-2020, 12:55 PM

And the last four for today from Mobile, two for Ibex and two for Hav4boys.

Attached Thumbnails p-mobile-ibex-2.jpg   p-mobile-ibex-1.jpg   p-mobile-hav-1.jpg   p-mobile-hav-2.jpg  
Old 10-31-2020, 01:50 PM

Mobile great blocks, Thank you I love mine especially the green stripe fabric you used

Janice sorry to hear you had another rough PT session.

Like Janice my hubby loves to cook and it is a rare occasion when I make a meal. Today he set his alarm and was up early putting a huge pork loin in the smoker. Tonight's dinner will be pulled pork.

Gave blood today and for the first time gave the red blood cells, boy did that wipe me out. Didn't get any sewing done this afternoon. Just starting to feel normal now/
Old 10-31-2020, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for my two flower blocks, Mobile!

Hope you are both feeling better now, Janice and Terri.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:33 PM

Love my blocks, Mobile! Tons of colors to play on the quilt. Perfect! You are rocking all the blocks! The barn is really special! Great idea!

I have a few treats tonight to share.

Sewbizgirl, I tried one of the Stitch Pink blocks, "Five and Nine" for you. I had some of the larger scale fabric on hand and decided to use one of the teddy bears since I could fussy cut only three different items from the fat eighth and I really wanted to do that gingham look nine patch to go with Dick and Jane.

Libster, I decided to try the Stitch Pink "Give Me Wings" block so I could showcase your flowers.

JayneW in keeping with your Valentine theme I figured you needed a big kiss for your quilt so I tried the "Kings X pattern from Quilter's cache.

I got some Courthouse Steps foundation papers that I wanted to try. I tried a couple of different color set ups. They look much better in person than they do in the picture. Terriamn got shades of her green and Klaws got her light blue and creme as requested. Considering that we just swore in another Supreme Court Justice, I thought it a timely block to try out.

Happy Halloween everyone!
Attached Thumbnails fiveandnine-sewbiz.jpg   givemewings-libster.jpg   kings-x-jaynew.jpg   courthousesteps-terriamn.jpg   courthouse-steps-klaws.jpg  

Last edited by ibex94; 10-31-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:45 AM

very nice blocks everyone! it's going to be fun to get them and see them in person!

I had a good sewing day and I'll be ready to ship off tomorrow morning. Here are two for klaws and 2 for ibex94

Attached Thumbnails imgp5148.jpg   imgp5149.jpg   imgp5151.jpg   imgp5152.jpg