Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -  Flurries 3 month Group >

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Boom 25 - Flurries 3 month Group

Old 12-23-2020, 01:23 PM

Rest, rest rest traveling gramma. I’m glad you’re daughter is there to take care of you! At our age we need to be really careful.

Well the death panels palin was referring to was the provision that paid for doctors talking to their senior patients about filling out forms that would indicate what they wanted done health wise. This turned out to be a blessing when my mom passed this year. We knew exactly how much intervention she wanted and could make sure her wishes were honored.

unfortunately the hospital situation now is much worse and completely different. We just don’t have enough hospital beds. It’s not going to matter what people filled out on their forms. So so sad. My heart is breaking.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 12-23-2020 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:57 AM

TG, hoping you, your mom and hubby recover quickly so you can enjoy your time with your dd and family

MJP where in the Midwest does your dd live.

We had a blizzard yesterday so those wanting snow are happy but it’s colder then billy heck. Minus 2 with a feel like of -24. brrr but don’t regret deciding to stay here to have Christmas with family

Merry Christmas to all
Old 12-24-2020, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post

MJP where in the Midwest does your dd live.
Nebraska. It looks like they need us starting in late August so we will get to spend winter in Nebraska. I have to admit its going to be very very hard to leave San Diego and move there, even temporarily. They are already looking at apartments for us. My husband keeps telling me its going to be an adventure. He promised there would be lots of room in the van for my sewing machine and supplies. I suppose I'll get a lot of quilting done. Here it's beautiful outside and we are always walking and biking and kayaking. We also have two bonus grandchildren there who we love. It will be nice to spend more time with them as well as the baby twins.
Old 12-24-2020, 03:14 PM

Bibliostone’s blocks arrived and the package looks in good order. Woo hoo!
Old 12-24-2020, 09:24 PM
Power Poster

Merry Christmas to my boom friends! I pray all who are sick or have loved ones who are, to recover quickly. Rest is good with COVID, but at the same time you need to be up and moving as much as you can handle each day, so you don’t get pneumonia.

Good news about our Boom blocks from Bibliostone!
Old 12-25-2020, 11:36 AM

My Christmas wish for all of you is a blessed day. I do hope that even if your Christmas plans were changed because of the pandemic, as mine have been, that you are able to hold close to you the meanings of today. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:27 AM

TG - take care of yourself and I hope you are all healthy again soon.

I'm glad everyone had a nice, although different, Christmas yesterday.

So last weekend I finished my Boom 23 quilt but didn't have time to share it with you until today. As I mentioned earlier it is very very heavy due to the minky backing and was hard to quilt. You can see I did a larger meander. It looks darker in the picture that it is - in real life, it is so rich and most of the blocks have a little sparkle in the fabric, so festive! I did 6 1/2 of the blocks and the other 18 1/2 were from the Boom. (one Boom block had such a beautiful star which called out to my manger fabric so the other parts of that block found a home in a different scrappy quilt) It is truly a treasure!

So thankful to have it done and I'm so happy with it -- it is making me all the more excited about this Boom and putting it together. I'm very happy the wayward package decided to come home.

Enjoy the Holiday season and an early toast to a Great New Year!
Attached Thumbnails image3.jpeg   image0.jpeg  
Old 12-26-2020, 11:32 AM

My DH and I had the best Christmas. Just the 2 of us and enough ham to feed a small army! So left overs today. Santa was generous to us. I got 3 Accuquilt dies and some calgon bath salts. I got DH a set of speakers and a graphic equalizer. He's over the moon about them. I am thrilled with his quilting thoughts for me. I got a call from my church this morning that there will be a group of Christmas Carolers coming by the house on Tuesday. I can hardly wait.! Now to get cutting fabrics for a new quillt.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:29 PM

Irishmom wonderful Christmas quilt. It’s fun to see our blocks made into a quilt. I always love making Christmas blocks even though we don’t really celebrate it.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:10 PM
Power Poster

Irishmom, love how your Christmas quilt came out. It’s lovely! I see my block.